• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Proposed Missouri bill would force schools to alert parents when evolution is taught

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyouta

"What my bill would do is it would allow parents to opt out of natural selection teaching," Brattin explained. "It would not prohibit the child from going through biology from learning about cell structure, DNA and the building blocks of life."
...But the cell being a building block of life is a theory as well. If you're going to ignore evolution, you may as well ignore cell theory, germ theory of disease, that the Earth revolves around the sun, and many other theories.

When asked what they thought about teaching evolution, the one 16-year-old answered, "What's that?" The other explained to the other, "It's whether God is real or not."
Horrible that 16 year olds in 2014 would think this way.

"Evolution is not taught in the Bible so it shouldn't be taught in the class," he said. "Even if I had to spend some time in jail I wouldn't subject my kids to that nonsense."
Lots of things aren't taught in the Bible, like electricity. I guess electricity is nonsense.

Mindboggling that this stuff is still being held tightly in people's beliefs in an age where we've practically ruled out the possibility of there being a creator. I like this admission:
"It's an absolute infringement on people's beliefs," Brattin told the Kansas City Star of requiring schools to teach evolution. "What's being taught is just as much faith and, you know, just as much pulled out of the air as, say, any religion."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom