• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters rip decor of new Brooklyn restaurant with ‘bullet holes’ as offensive

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So there was no ill intention, there was no malice. And there was offense taken and I immediately apologized that that offense was taken. And you wouldn't leave me alone after that and it wasn't enough. You moved the goalposts.

"I'm sorry you guys were offended."

Lol.

Fuchsdh

Yoooooo the picture

082517SummerhillMeeting-4.jpg

It's got some /r/AccidentalRenaissance vibes going on in the background. Just add some chiaroscuro and shake.

(And really the owner's got time on her side. None of the people protesting were likely to be patrons. Their only shot is probably to bombard social media/Yelp, but it seems like more notoriety is better for them.

Infinite

It's got some /r/AccidentalRenaissance vibes going on in the background. Just add some chiaroscuro and shake.

(And really the owner's got time on her side. None of the people protesting were likely to be patrons. Their only shot is probably to bombard social media/Yelp, but it seems like more notoriety is better for them.

The thing is she can just stop putting her foot in her mouth and perhaps take the wall down when you consider this. I guess you gotta do a touchdown dance on residents of a community you're entering that are rapidly being displaced though

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Others were much more rigid, including Michael Klein, 60, a white man whose comments about race drew a surprised "He went there!" from the crowd, as well as cheers.

"Let me tell you about humor," Klein said. "Let me tell you about what's funny. Because this is not just some idle joke or somebody that's got some quirky sense of humor. This is humor like... people gathering around trees pointing at people hanging there, and saying, 'Wow, that's funny.' This is humor like Birth of a Nation and looking at people in black face."

Heyo

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The thing is she can just stop putting her foot in her mouth and perhaps take the wall down when you consider this. I guess you gotta do a touchdown dance on residents of a community you're entering that are rapidly being displaced though

I can imagine the reviews for this play being abysmal.

Infinite

I can imagine the reviews for this play being abysmal.

This is a rapidly gentrifying community though. Soon her clientele will be people who would never give a shit about these kinda things. She has nothing to lose from not putting her foot in her mouth. she doesn't have to give a shit but the audacity of whiteness shows itself.

That watermelon cocktail looks nice. I like melon based cocktails.

But that restaurant is borderline racist. Bulletholes? Paperbags? Gentrification is a terrible thing.

Glix

This shit happens way too often. Another Crown Heights trendy bar, right around the corner from me was originally called Crow Bar

Crown Heights was known as Crow Hill in the 19th century, and while historians debate the origin of this moniker, at that time the word "crow" was used as a derogatory term for black people.

They have since changed the name. Much more importantly, but unrelated, they pulled the brisket sandwich from the menu, so I don't get grub there anymore.

Top Bottom