• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS All Stars Battle Royale first DLC revealed: Kat and Emmett (Free)

As for the discussion who or what should get in. I just made this picture of first party titles that do not seem to have any representation in this game. Be it as a character, background or item. I would be very happy if they would keep that in my for DLC or a future game.

I can't be the only one remembering these games. I even left some stuff out like Destruction Derby, but I think the games I list have some potential to get in somehow...

Primal is still pretty bad game tho. And I don't think Tomba is 1st party, replace with Alundra.

I love Warhawk and hated Starhawk, but Emmet is more recognisable. Plus to your last point he could have for sure have an Eucadian and Chernovan alts.

I don't know, I'm not sure if Emmett is more recognizable. Don't have the numbers but pretty sure Warhawk was more popular, there was definitely a lot more people playing and for a lot longer time. Warhawk is really the game that got PSN off the ground, first retail game to be sold on PSN and first majorly popular game on the PS3. Not sure who is more recognizable but Warhawk is definitely more of an "All Star" point in the PlayStation timeline.

But nevertheless, looks like most we'll get is hoping for alternate costumes on Emmett. And if they do I would say it would be best to be the default Eucadian/Chernovan with straight 1's in the customization. Everyone has their ideal look but that is the classic.

Synless

Was Tomba a first party game or no? Also, I just want one character from Legend of Dragoon (dreaming I know).

Edit* Tomba is a first party game, I want him in the game too.

With all the love for Kat out there I really hope they're thinking about making a GR sequel on a next-gen Sony console. It would look soooo good.

Was Tomba a first party game or no? Also, I just want one character from Legend of Dragoon (dreaming I know).

First party or not doesn't seem to matter if Dante...oh excuse I mean Donte is in.

Xater

Primal is still pretty bad game tho. And I don't think Tomba is 1st party, replace with Alundra.

I don#t care if Primal is bad, hell Ghosthunter is way worse. Still part of Playstation history that I would like to see represented before anything 3rd party.

Takao

Banned

Tomba isn't first party. Sony just published it in the west.

He's ugly.

With all the love for Kat out there I really hope they're thinking about making a GR sequel on a next-gen Sony console. It would look soooo good.

Game took too long to develop, they aren't going to toss out their code and start all over on new hardware.

I don#t care if Primal is bad, hell Ghosthunter is way worse. Still part of Playstation history that I would like to see represented before anything 3rd party.
Replace em with better games then :d. Alundra and Dark Cloud and Lammy and Rogue Galaxy or something. Legend of Dragoon I haven't played, some say it's awesome and some say it's absolutely wretched :D.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Here's that one interview with Stewart Gilray (Oddworld Inhabitants / JAW) about the possible inclusion of Abe in PSA:BR

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ts-wants-abe-playstation-all-stars-inclusion/
"I was over at Sony America and they were definitely up for it, but the developer hasn't gotten back to us," Gilray told CVG.

"We've been trying to get in touch with them since May and can't work out if they've fixed their character line-up for the release version or if they're simply not interested?!"

If it was the case that Abe's potential inclusion had missed release deadline, said Gilray, then he'd still "absolutely be interested" in securing a DLC spot for the Oddworld hero.

"We'd love to get him in the game. We've already been talking about the moves he could have like possessing Kratos and beating the shit out of everyone... I guess they're busy and we're busy."

Curiously, when a fan asked about it just a few weeks later, Gilray responded, "I can't talk about that..." hmmmmm

Neonsands

Neo Member
Awesome news.

Now we just need the classics for my thirst to be quenched, of course there is the chance of a sequel.

I'm hoping for Crash, Spyro, Tomba, and Raziel.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about it more, Emmet is growing on me as a choice. I really do want Warhawk to get more recognition, and this might be a decent way to go about it.

I can't be the only one remembering these games. I even left some stuff out like Destruction Derby, but I think the games I list have some potential to get in somehow...

Now that Kat is in, I think Robbit has jumped into the top 3 most requested first party characters. I'd say he might even be number 1 if you disqualify Wander/Ico as a ship that's already sailed. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems Alundra and Legend of Dragoon characters might be 2 and 3 (though I'd like to point out that I'm very disappointed in the lack of Wild Arms support that I've been seeing from fans. That series deserves to be the most requested first party at this point.)

The ones I see as possible from a first party playable character standpoint ordered from most to least likely:

Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
Gabriel Logan (Syphon Filter)
Dart or Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
Rudy Roughnight (Wild Arms)
Ellen (Folklore)
Alundra (Alundra)
Jeanne d'Arc (Jeanne d'Arc)
Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us)
Jodie Holmes (Beyond: Two Souls)
Jennifer Tate (Primal)
Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain)
Genji (Genji)
Rau Utu (The Mark of Kri)
Lammy (Um Jammer Lammy (I'm ok with pretending this isn't part of the parapa franchise))
Vibri (Vib Ribbon)
Iota (Tearaway)
Kutaro (Puppeteer)
Leonard (White Knight Chronicles)
Arc (Arc the Lad)
Toan (Dark Cloud)
Jaster Rogue (Rogue Galaxy)
SOCOM squad (SOCOM: US Navy Seals)
Monster (War of the Monsters)
Blasto (Blasto)

And i'm not including team ico characters since it's confirmed that they don't want to play ball with this game.

Of course you have to be prepared for the incident that there will be no more DLC after this. I know I am. Still, you can use that list for what to expect in the sequel if one gets made. Just move up the newer franchises in importance since they'd no longer be future releases.

Mr. Fix

No, you certainly aren't. You make the whiners over at the GameFAQS board look like Pippi Longstocking.

Take it easy, I didn't know I had to like every character, moreso Kat, and that Starhawk rep. The problem with folks like you is that you can't take any criticism towards any aspect of the game. It's either praise, or a "K" response if it's negative.

Take it easy, I didn't know I had to like every character, moreso Kat, and that Starhawk rep. The problem with folks like you is that you can't take any criticism towards any aspect of the game. It's either praise, or a "K" response if it's negative.

Never said you have to like every character. I don't even like Emmet, and I've often questioned SuperBot's design/character choices in the past; I have the post history to prove it. I just like to mix my posts up with critical and positive analysis instead of whining incessantly - something you seemed to have taken to as of late. Not that I care much, it's just my mind boggles that you were in the run for making the OT until the last minute.

Mr. Fix

Never said you have to like every character. I don't even like Emmet, and I've often questioned SuperBot's design/character choices in the past; I have the post history to prove it. I just like to mix my posts up with critical and positive analysis instead of whining incessantly - something you seemed to have taken to as of late. Not that I care much, it's just my mind boggles that you were in the run for making the OT until the last minute.

That's odd, because I still analyze the game. I just don't glue myself to doing only positive analyses. If there's something off (which I think I referred to as inaccurate costumes, and a gameplay quirks) there's nothing wrong with pointing it out, and it isn't being subjective either. I already told Mink I was busy. I could have slapped on a basic OT, but I didn't want to, at least I didn't think the PSAS community deserved a lazily done one.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This is not fair, they can't do this to me. I didn't like the beta, but would totally get it for kat.

Khezu

Maybe I should borrow a friends Vita and try this Gravity Rush game out, because going by this thread, Kat is apparently the best character ever created.

Maybe I should borrow a friends Vita and try this Gravity Rush game out, because going by this thread, Kat is apparently the best character ever created.

for me its the best character with an interesting move set for a fighting game (plus female).

I mean I picked Yukiko for P4A just based on her moveset alone.

edit

She does that a very likable personality as well now that I think about it.

A.E Suggs

I've always thought that Kat had a great design, but man, she needs some kind of leggings.
Yeah I agree, though the original design is kinda odd in itself. Not so much that its showing a lot of skin I don't mind that, just looking at it something seems off and leggings would probably help that.

she wears sexy clothes and you can see her in a towel, that's why people like her. Gravity Rush is mediocre and Kat has essentially no personality.
So why don't people like nariko like that? I also love how people dictate what others only like, if its one thing kat has it is personality. Being sexy/beautiful to me is the same as having a badass look and sometimes characters are liked by design first personality second, like kratos, ratchet some others.

That said I don't know why i'm arguing this, i'm probably doing exactly what you wanted :/.

Top Bottom