• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS All Stars Battle Royale first DLC revealed: Kat and Emmett (Free)

Did anyone know who Emmett was before they clicked the thread? What an awful choice.

I think pretty much anyone that played Starhawk knew who the main character from Starhawk was.

It doesn't have to be a popularity contest - he brings a lot of unique stuff to the table in terms of move set.

Also it's free. Wtf?

Violet_0

Banned
The best. But I wouldn't complain if we got her school uniform outfit.

so I looked up the costumes on google

120410181093301.jpg

Japan ಠ_ಠ

As much as I hate admitting to fan-wank, I think Kat's inclusion just pushed me over the edge into getting this...
Aww, who am I kidding.
KAT KAT KAT

so I looked up the costumes on google

120410181093301.jpg

Japan ಠ_ಠ

they do have a tiny bit of context. The army one? She joins the army. The maid one? She works as a maid for a brief time before quitting. The school uniform? She is searching for a missing student and poses as one of the students to gather information. The leather cat one? She joins a biker gang to go undercover. Still silly, but yea. Also her default costume is the most revealing, odd.

If I don't know him, he ain't an all star. Sure he's free, but it could have been a better free character instead. Plus there's no shortage of gun dudes in this game.

he will fight with his powers and dropping buildings and turrets and stuff from the sky. Also, as a vita owner who loves it and loves Gravity Rush, I bet more people played Starhawk than Gravity Rush.

Kat doesn't bathe very often so I'm not sure why people would be obsessed with her feet. Plus she runs around in high heels all the time. They probably smell funky and are all covered with bunions.

Gadirok

If I don't know him, he ain't an all star. Sure he's free, but it could have been a better free character instead. Plus there's no shortage of gun dudes in this game.

So apparently you dictate what is or isin't an all-star. You must work for Superbot, since your opinion is so important.

I'm happy Emmet is in this game as dlc, he deserves to be in it after how terribly Sony marketed Starhawk, its the very least they could do.

Just got a new pulse stereo headset just for this game and to continue my MP in starhawk.

Gadirok

So like.... 9 people?

That's very ignorant and uncalled for.

But it goes to show how Sony's efforts have paid off when a great game like starhawk is invisible to most of the PS3 fanbase.

Good job Sony! I applaud you on your marketing skills! And cancelling Lightbox interactive's contract! You must have certainly saved a few bucks there, couldn't risk having a system seller this early could you?

KalBalboa

Banned
Emmet gets bonus points from me for being another rep for the Lightbox/Incog/SingleTrac legacy. I already love him and Starhawk in general, not to mention his move potential, but knowing that we'll have some launch PSone Warhawk DNA being repped makes me happy.

hmm interesting. Rather it be free forever. Makes it easy for the competitive scene.

It'd be nice for all the DLC to be free, but we need to be realistic. Maybe there'll be some PS+ perks for future DLC?

Eh, think most people who know who Emmett is would rather them just add a Eucadian from Warhawk, alt skin as a Chernovan. Moves could include all the weapons which are mirror'd from Starhawk anyways but include more stuff like the Biofield generator. Level one special could be a binoc strike which would be the same thing as calling in a build and battle structure, level 2 could incorporate some vehicle which is likely what Emmet's will do only Warhawk has more to choose from, and level 3 could put you at the control of a TOW which would drive the nostalgia to a crazy level.

Basically the Warhawk character could have nearly the same moveset as Emmett plus has a larger fan base but no, they select the reject that hardly anybody likes. Maybe they'll add a Eucadian/Chernovan skin for Emmett.

Animate the cat for Kat so you can cat while you Kat

Dude this game is all about cats. Cats all up in this shiz. You've got Kat from GR, and then you've got Toro who is a cat. Then you've got Kat from DmC who shows up as a minion, and Parappa who is a dog but he knows a Kat. Ratchet is cat-like in appearance. Nariko has a friend who wears cat ears who shows up in her moveset. They should scrap the title and rename this game Playstation All-stars Pussy Royale Meowgasm Edition 2012. So what's one more cat? Eh Superbot?
Do it.

Dude this game is all about cats. Cats all up in this shiz. You've got Kat from GR, and then you've got Toro who is a cat. Then you've got Kat from DmC who shows up as a minion, and Parappa who is a dog but he knows a Kat. Ratchet is cat-like in appearance. Nariko has a friend who wears cat ears who shows up in her moveset. They should scrap the title and rename this game Playstation All-stars Pussy Royale Meowgasm Edition 2012. So what's one more cat? Eh Superbot?
Do it.

While Kat is wearing the Dark Cat Kat alternate costume

Eh, think most people who know who Emmett is would rather them just add a Eucadian from Warhawk, alt skin as a Chernovan. Moves could include all the weapons which are mirror'd from Starhawk anyways but include more stuff like the Biofield generator. Level one special could be a binoc strike which would be the same thing as calling in a build and battle structure, level 2 could incorporate some vehicle which is likely what Emmet's will do only Warhawk has more to choose from, and level 3 could put you at the control of a TOW which would drive the nostalgia to a crazy level.

Basically the Warhawk character could have nearly the same moveset as Emmett plus has a larger fan base but no, they select the reject that hardly anybody likes. Maybe they'll add a Eucadian/Chernovan skin for Emmett.

I love Warhawk and hated Starhawk, but Emmet is more recognisable. Plus to your last point he could have for sure have an Eucadian and Chernovan alts.

They should have made the actual warhawk mech playable. It could go along with the White Knight Armor in some sort of super heavyweight class.

Xater

As for the discussion who or what should get in. I just made this picture of first party titles that do not seem to have any representation in this game. Be it as a character, background or item. I would be very happy if they would keep that in my for DLC or a future game.

I can't be the only one remembering these games. I even left some stuff out like Destruction Derby, but I think the games I list have some potential to get in somehow...

Gadirok

As for the discussion who or what should get in. I just made this picture of first party titles that do not seem to have any representation in this game. Be it as a character, background or item. I would be very happy if they would keep that in my for DLC or a future game.

I can't be the only one remembering these games. I even left some stuff out like Destruction Derby, but I think the games I list have some potential to get in somehow...

I think Gabe Logan deserves a spot the most, alot of fans have been asking for it and Syphon Filter has been pushed around alot recently and hasn't recieved the attention it deserves.

Xater

I think Gabe Logan deserves a spot the most, alot of fans have been asking for it and Syphon Filter has been pushed around alot recently and hasn't recieved the attention it deserves.

True.

Also now that I think about it is Wipeout represented in the game? I can't remember right now.

Donos

Do it.

:lol, good post.

Top Bottom