• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

killersrquietMV

Neo Member
Just Cause 4 needs to steal the Nemesis system. Add in action movie escapes for the villains. Let you build a resistance army. You could make something special.

Also needs to run higher than 5 fps on consoles and not have the developer abandon a broken product whilst still selling DLC.

Shameful from Avalanche.

Finished Freedom Cry and got 100% Trophies. Thank fuck.

Submitted so many crash reports I lost count, fucking insane.
....why would you bother 100%ing a buggy mess

And I haven't ran in to any crashes yet but it's just a poor game all around imo, the combat is seriously god awful,mission design is mediocre, story is nothing special...

burgerdog

And I haven't ran in to any crashes yet but it's just a poor game all around imo, the combat is seriously god awful,mission design is mediocre, story is nothing special...

I didn't remember Black Flag's combat being this bad, it's seriously awful. I almost deleted the app after boarding the ship during the intro. I died without getting hit and the checkpoint was before you kill all the soldiers. Old AC games can have some really dumb checkpoints.

I didn't remember Black Flag's combat being this bad, it's seriously awful. I almost deleted the app after boarding the ship during the intro. I died without getting hit and the checkpoint was before you kill all the soldiers. Old AC games can have some really dumb checkpoints.

yeah, HLTB says it's only like 4 hours long but I don't know if it's worth trudging through this combat, especially after just finishing god of war 3 and playing For Honor

When's the last time 12 months of plus went on sale in the US?

Been out of Plus since mid July. Don't wanna break down and pay full price, but I need to get it going again before the end of the month for free Just Cause 3. ;p

Vashetti

Banned

It's an AC game, I have to finish it.

SMD

Downwell is frozen on the splash screen, on PS4 Pro here. Any help please? Google isn't really giving me any answers.

Dadasch

Haven't played Black Flag after the initial three hours but that's a tradition with AC games. Liked AC, loved AC2, stopped Brotherhood pretty much in the middle of the story, played Revelations for maybe 2 hours...although I played my last one like 5 years ago, I'm just getting too bored with it.
This fucking formula.

Sethista

Been playing JC3, almost liberated the entire first province, and did a fair number of missions, but I think im already getting kinda sick of it. Same destruction, same cities, it got old fast.

There is a fun game in there somewhere, it just seems like the fun is very short lived for me, and I always try to mix it up in the ways I tackle the missions.

IM just glad I never bought it.

lupinko

When's the last time 12 months of plus went on sale in the US?

Been out of Plus since mid July. Don't wanna break down and pay full price, but I need to get it going again before the end of the month for free Just Cause 3. ;p

Just activate the 2 day trial on your account to add it to your PSN.

Bishop89

it'd be great if everytime I paused JC3 it wouldn't try and fail to connect to the servers

also it'd be awesome if you could turn up the sensitivity to something that isn't as slow as molasses

finally why did they needlessly remove the sprint and roll button from the 2nd game

This is freaken doing my head in...

Even when you choose to play offline!

Gloggins

The core gameplay of AC feels so damn janky, clunky and horrible. Fixing this shit needs to be their top priority for Origins. I'm thinking a separate button for climbing and not needing to hold R2 to run would work wonders.

The extra stuff - naval battles, assassin recruitment, sending assassins on contracts, etc - is often way more fun.

Minamu

The core gameplay of AC feels so damn janky, clunky and horrible. Fixing this shit needs to be their top priority for Origins. I'm thinking a separate button for climbing and not needing to hold R2 to run would work wonders.

The extra stuff - naval battles, assassin recruitment, sending assassins on contracts, etc - is often way more fun.
Have you tried any of the more recent ones? I found the London one to be very refreshing overall.

Auctopus

Have you tried any of the more recent ones? I found the London one to be very refreshing overall.

Same, Syndicate was the best all-round AC title for me. Controls never did anything I didn't want them to. They weren't super tactile obviously but that whole jumping backwards off a wall thing people still reference from ACII never happened. Then again, Syndicate had much better climbing environments than Freedom Cry.

Gloggins

Syndicate? No, never tried that one.

I did play the French one, Unity? It did feel a little better to play than Freedom Cry from what I remember.

Minamu

Unless my memory is playing tricks, Syndicate is also vastly different from Unity :) It rips A LOT from the Batman games but it's for the, much, better.

Djostikk

Same, Syndicate was the best all-round AC title for me. Controls never did anything I didn't want them to. They weren't super tactile obviously but that whole jumping backwards off a wall thing people still reference from ACII never happened. Then again, Syndicate had much better climbing environments than Freedom Cry.

I second this. Enjoyed Syndicate and it's one of the best in series for me. The city is amazing as always with Ubi games, characters have personality to them, missions pretty varied, some of them have different approach, too. I even enjoyed side quests, still remember that dog named Desmond.

autoduelist

The plat is mine for JC3.

Imho, the 'frame rate' issue is severely overblown... I only experienced severe slowdown in the largest 'destruction challenges' [and once or twice in the really large military base attacks]. It didn't hamper gameplay [ie, didn't make me die... if anything, it made challenges easier].

For 99% of the game, performance was fine besides 2 hard crashes. Where it counts [racing, wingsuits, etc] there were no slowdown issues since you're not triggering 30 explosions at a time.

Car physics are wonky but I got used to them quick, had no problem with the challenges.

There are 3 extremely difficult wingsuit challenges in the way of the platinum, but I even enjoyed those.

Great game, great ps+.

This is freaken doing my head in...

Even when you choose to play offline!

You need to turn off internet under 'network' in the sys menu. Telling just the game doesn't matter, it will keep checking... turn off internet and you'll never be bothered.

Its not an "issue" thats "overblown", its hard facts that the game runs bad. Look at the framecounter on Digital Foundry videos. Maybe you are less sensitive to bad framerates.

AndyVirus

Submitted so many crash reports I lost count, fucking insane.
Just played my first 45 minutes, crashed twice. Stopped caring about 100%ing the AC games when they introduced the optional objectives as part of the trophies, so I'll just complete the story and call it quits.

autoduelist

Its not an "issue" thats "overblown", its hard facts that the game runs bad. Look at the framecounter on Digital Foundry videos. Maybe you are less sensitive to bad framerates.

Like I said, I only experienced those severe slowdowns when so much was happening it didn't really matter. It's rare. I didn't say they didn't happen, but people act as if the whole game is 'unplayable' and that's ridiculously far from the truth. The game is very playable.

And yes, it's 'overblown'... you yourself have posts in here calling it "garbage" and "it runs like total ass on a base PS4" and "I'm actually offended by this". Nonsense. I played it on a base PS4 and loved it. It's not garbage. It has slowdown issues during mass destruction, but is still playable and there aren't any issues when it counts [wingsuit challenges, etc]. I don't mind that there is slowdown during mass destruction.

Vashetti

Banned
Just played my first 45 minutes, crashed twice. Stopped caring about 100%ing the AC games when they introduced the optional objectives as part of the trophies, so I'll just complete the story and call it quits.

I wonder why some people have encountered no crashes and some people get tons of them?

I had so many crashes that I'm surprised Ubisoft haven't been obliged to patch it.

Kaversmed

Started JC3, liberated the first "area" and already felt bored. Then I saw the rest of the map... fuck no!

Does the game pick up later or is it just more of the same?

Kid Ying

Been playing JC3, almost liberated the entire first province, and did a fair number of missions, but I think im already getting kinda sick of it. Same destruction, same cities, it got old fast.

There is a fun game in there somewhere, it just seems like the fun is very short lived for me, and I always try to mix it up in the ways I tackle the missions.

IM just glad I never bought it.
Same. Was having quite some fun and liberated the first island and stuff, but the game got boring quite quickly. After the first island, i was doing the missions as fast as i could and ignored the whole liberation thing (until the game forced me to do it) just so i could finish the game already.

And the ending sucks! Both the final boss and the ending.

Like I said, I only experienced those severe slowdowns when so much was happening it didn't really matter. It's rare. I didn't say they didn't happen, but people act as if the whole game is 'unplayable' and that's ridiculously far from the truth. The game is very playable.

And yes, it's 'overblown'... you yourself have posts in here calling it "garbage" and "it runs like total ass on a base PS4" and "I'm actually offended by this". Nonsense. I played it on a base PS4 and loved it. It's not garbage. It has slowdown issues during mass destruction, but is still playable and there aren't any issues when it counts [wingsuit challenges, etc]. I don't mind that there is slowdown during mass destruction.

Yeah I guess the people who defend the bad framerate keep bringing up that it doesnt matter to them the framerate turns to shit when the actual action starts, you know what a Just Cause game is all about.

Some people are just completionists *shrug*

I 100%'d the base game and Freedom Cry on the 360. Might do it again for PS4

Trying to 100% an AC game... *shutters*

Even when I was obsessed with the series last gen I couldn't do it, and AC2 and Brotherhood were by far some of my games of that generation.

Vashetti, do you have to get ALL the collectibles to get all the trophies? Because in AC2 and Brohood you didn't have to get the treasure chests IIRC

Vashetti

Banned
Trying to 100% an AC game... *shutters*

Even when I was obsessed with the series last gen I couldn't do it, and AC2 and Brotherhood were by far some of my games of that generation.

Vashetti, do you have to get ALL the collectibles to get all the trophies? Because in AC2 and Brohood you didn't have to get the treasure chests IIRC

Nope

Aucool

I know it's a stupid idea but I've decided that I'll renew my subscription for one year only if September games are good, gimme my free Knack.

Ludens

Banned
I bet soon or later we'll get Knack (probably, for real, since 2 is coming), the Order 1886, Gravity Rush and Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls (even if I think Sony will give those away singularly).

xrnzaaas

With Sony it's hard to predict these days which first party games they may give away. They gave us Until Dawn but for some reason they are holding on to their launch titles like Infamous Second Son or Killzone Shadow Fall (in EU&US).

Top Bottom