• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ for PS Vita comes next week with FW 2.00, games revealed (WOW)

Playstation Plus is the best thing that has come out of this gen. Love it.

tumblr_mbyazxro9C1qltb20o1_500.gif

How the hell do they profit from this? I don't get this

Guess they went balls out because these games would have died out anyway at this point. They really need to advertise plus, like on tv. Brand it like xbl

Aeana

Really? I didn't know that. I thought you 'reset' when you unsubscribed.

That's awesome if it remembers games from a previous sub though. Really, really awesome.

From the FAQ:

Q: What happens to the games I downloaded from the Instant Game Collection if I decide to not renew my membership?

A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Do the "instant game collection" games remain there forever or are they dropping games every now and then? It would really suck to get invested in a game and then have it removed from the list.

A lot of people have answered you already, but I'm adding some key points.

1. As long as you tag the item for download, its yours, you don't have to download it immediately (you can download it a year later if you wanted).

2. If you let your PS+ subscription lapse, you can't access the games anymore (they'll refuse to work). HOWEVER, if you decide to start up your PS+ subscription again at a later time, the games will start functioning again. I definitely know about this, because I stopped my PS+ sub for about 6 months before turning it back on.

Jhriad

So you can't have multiple accounts on one Vita system?

If not, which should I go with, my UK or US account?

US probably. If I remember right accounts are linked to your memory card so if you get a cheap card you can have your other account on that one.

OSHAN

And now I've bought a Vita.

Been meaning to get one for a while, now I actually have a reason.

It's a great system. You'll enjoy it.

And it's been mentioned, but if you're cramped for space on your card and don't want to miss out on what's available for Plus this month then purchase the game, but don't download it. It'll stay on your download list and as long as your subscription is active, you can download it whenever, even if it is no longer part of the Plus promotion for the month.

Ponn

Banned
Oh this is awesome, Sony you are brilliant bastards. Just looking at this thread and all the replies of "I need a bigger memory card" their evil plan comes to light.

We need a picture of grace chen with an evil smirk rubbing her hands together going "good, good"

Do the "instant game collection" games remain there forever or are they dropping games every now and then? It would really suck to get invested in a game and then have it removed from the list.

One is taken away and new one replaces it. But eveyrthing you downloaded once you can redownload any time you want as long as you have PS+ active at that moment.

Shiloa

Wow, that's so impressive. I am genuinely tempted to get a Vita now. I mean, I'll basically never have to buy a Vita game as long as I have PS+.

Acosta

Holy fuck... I just got a Plus yesteraday (the EU offer was too fucking good).

Gravity Rush and Tales from Space, here I go!

Musiol

Shieeeet. Best news today! I wanted to but Gravity Rush - now - I don't have to. PS+ is the best offer, really.

Duffyside

Banned
Playstation Plus is the best thing that has come out of this gen. Love it.

tumblr_mbyazxro9C1qltb20o1_500.gif

Dude, no joke. When this gen is over, and we're all making our "best of" lists, PS Plus goes first, then a list of games. I would buy Plus before any game.

XBox Live is such a total joke in comparison at this point.

Do you guys know if the saved games of the retail versions will work with the downloaded versions as well?

Good question. I'd imagine that the answer is no, since the downloaded version would probably install a separate bubble (can anyone who has both the retail and download version of a game confirm?), but with the Content Manager on PC you might be able to swap in the retail save for the downloaded save. No guarantee it'll work, though.

Aeana

Good question. I'd imagine that the answer is no, since the downloaded version would probably install a separate bubble (can anyone who has both the retail and download version of a game confirm?), but with the Content Manager on PC you might be able to swap in the retail save for the downloaded save. No guarantee it'll work, though.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, cloud saves might solve this problem.

Here are all the sizes for the games incase you''re wondering.
Uncharted Golden Abyss: 3.2gb
Gravity Rush: 1.5gb
Wipeout 2048: 1.6gb
Jet Set Radio: ???
Final Fantasy Tactics: 205mb
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack: 127mb

I need a bigger memory card.

mclem

As an EU owner, can't really complain too much. Sorry about the lack of Wipeout and JSRF, and I already have MBA, but I don't have Uncharted *or* Gravity Rush, and that's a huge boon. Except it's somewhat screwed up my Christmas list planning. Damn them.

Besides which, of course, I'd be surprised if the titles I want don't rotate into the system over time; I can wait.

Alec

I owned Uncharted and Wipeout but traded them in a while back...I was thinking of buying them again digitally so this is just awesome. :)

Top Bottom