• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ games for June (EU, now confirmed)

MUnited83

For you.
"Every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Wednesday of the month, and will be free for that month, until the first Wednesday of the following month."

Seems that way to me.

Seems to me that they are talking solely about the monthly updates.

This is a bittersweet conclusion.

On one hand, this is a really bad month. We get an annual sports game on the lesser system, a Sly Cooper game, and 4 small digital/indie games comprising the entirety of PS4 and Vita.

On the other hand, 2 PS4 games per month raises the chances of us seeing something that went to retail sometime soon. Bring on the AAA, Sony!
To be fair to the sports game entry, Sony did do a survey quite a while back and one of the things that came out of it was that some people did actually want some diversity to the games given out each month and thus they have given a few sports games away.

As for listing Sly Cooper as its some sort of negative, get out of here with that shit! Game was great, as too is the series. Same goes for the indi diss too.

Wait, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate is on Vita also!? Crossbuy & cross-save?

Yeah the 'Ultimate' version is only on PS4 and Vita afaik. I think the blog post is the first indication it was cross buy, and it's definitely cross save. It's also cross play local multiplayer.

Nice month! Didn't expect to see Trine 2 there, and I wanted to play it on PS4, even though I bought it (and its expansion) on PC long time ago. Too bad NBA isn't on PS4, but I'll take it on PS3 without complaining :D

Confirmed

Leaving PS Plus:

30th April: Stick it to the Man
30th April: Payday 2
30th April: Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
30th April: Muramasa Rebirth
30th April: Everybody’s Golf

Entering PS Plus:

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story
4th June: NBA 2K14
4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)
4th June: Dragon’s Crown
4th June: Surge Deluxe

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

Leaving the 30th... of April? Just a simple typo right? If that's meant to be May then I had better re-subscribe today or I'll miss out on Muramasa!

Seems to me that they are talking solely about the monthly updates.

From the comments of the EU Blog

Chris will be along to answer questions soon, but just to clarify, the annual ‘evergreen’ titles will not be replaced. Instead, you’ll be getting one additional PS4 game every month. So, 2 x PS3, 2 x PS4 and 2 x Vita each month for the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to giving Trine 2 a go, not played a 3D game on my TV since Batman AC.

Since I have bought my Vita, the only game I have bought is Hotline Miami, PS+ offers some great Vita titles.

Leaving the 30th... of April? Just a simple typo right? If that's meant to be May then I had better re-subscribe today or I'll miss out on Muramasa!

It should say 4th of June, they won't have a gap.

In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out, so if you’re new to the service and haven’t had a chance to download all of the titles available through PS Plus — or if you’ve been thinking about subscribing but haven’t yet — now is the perfect time to get all the great games available with PS Plus.

Sounds like they're phasing out the long term games, but 'in the coming weeks' makes me think they'll announce some new ones in at E3.

Confirmed

Leaving PS Plus:

30th April: Stick it to the Man
30th April: Payday 2
30th April: Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
30th April: Muramasa Rebirth
30th April: Everybody’s Golf

Entering PS Plus:

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story
4th June: NBA 2K14
4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)
4th June: Dragon’s Crown
4th June: Surge Deluxe

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

Ah, I spoke too soon. Good to have two PS4+ games confirmed. Was about to rage that we were only getting one.

Goldrusher

So Eu gets 2 PS4, 3 PS3 and 3 Vita games, is that correct or do I misunderstand that Crossbuy thingie?

leaving:

PS4
Stick it to the Man

PS3
Payday 2
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

PSVITA
Muramasa Rebirth
Everybody’s Golf

entering:

PS4
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Trine 2

PS3
NBA 2K14
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut

PSVITA
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
Dragon's Crown
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Surge Deluxe

Weirdly, French blog says it's cross-buy PS4/PS3 (no mention of Vita):

http://blog.fr.playstation.com/2014...en-juin-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-lone-survivor/

I suppose it's an error but maybe that means it you bought the 2 PS3 games, you can have Ultimate on PS4 for free.

Must be an error, 'Ultimate' is not a PS3 game.

Developers of the port/remake whatever it is say
Double Eleven in collaboration with Kyoto based Q-Games are delighted to announce that PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate will launch as part of June’s Instant Game Collection, making it free for PlayStation™Plus subscribers on PlayStation™4 and PlayStation™Vita.
http://double11.co.uk/pixeljunk-sho...to-playstations-june-instant-game-collection/

leng jai

Trine 2 on PSN+ is euphoria for trophy addicts. Been waiting for it to be discounted, this is even better. Pixel Junk Shooter and Dragon's Crown? Too good.

Human_me

An amazing month for Vita owners!

PS3 is a bit meh in my eyes.

PS4 im really happy with, I was going to buy PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate.
Now I get it for free!*

*As long as my PS+ subscription is still valid.

Matush

Trine 2 on PSN+ is euphoria for trophy addicts. Been waiting for it to be discounted, this is even better. Pixel Junk Shooter and Dragon's Crown? Too good.
Trine 2 has different trophies from it's PS3 version. It is one (if not the) hardest Platinum on PS4. :)

Top Bottom