• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ games for June (EU, now confirmed)

NHale

Name a country it's 'popular' in that's not Lithuania.

Spain, Turkey, Russia, Germany, Greece, Israel, Portugal. Is that enough?

Even in a small country like Portugal that doesn't suceed in international basketball, they broadcast a live NBA game everyday.

But if you want proof just search on youtube for a Maccabi Tel-aviv, Panathinaikos or Fenerbahce home game.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ignorant post. Basketball internationally is a very popular sport, even in Europe its simply dead on the UK.

I never said it wasn't popular elsewhere, I just said that football is far far ahead of anything else.

RalchAC

Even in a small country like Portugal that doesn't suceed in international basketball, they broadcast a live NBA game everyday.

But if you want proof just search on youtube for a Maccabi Tel-aviv, Panathinaikos or Fenerbahce home game. That will enlight you about the popularity of the sport.

This is my post a few pages back where I explain basketball situation in Spain. What I said if you don't want to read it is that Basketball has a strong niche following but isn't that popular.

You can't watch basketball matches on the popular TV channels. Most of the time they're in regional or secondary ones. It doesn't move near as much money as football, MotoGP or F1.

I'd say in Spain the most popular sport is Football (Soccer), followed by MotoGP or F1 (both usually have over 20% share rating. Basketball isn't that popular, it has a strong niche following and most of the time it appears on minor TV channels AFAIK.

Here is a list with the most important basketball teams and the amount of subscribers they had when the 2012-2013 season started. It's in Spanish, but I guess if you scroll down you'll see some names with capital letters and a number. That's the data :)

kiguel182

But if you want proof just search on youtube for a Maccabi Tel-aviv, Panathinaikos or Fenerbahce home game.

Bastketball isn't that popular in Portugal.

Sure there are fans (mostly young people) but it's far from popular.

Football is where it's at. Other sports have fans of course, but they are hardly popular. F1 ,Cycling or Tennis might be more popular.

StuBurns

Banned
I remain hopeful that the shitty PS4 games are just because of the limited library, and not because Sony put MP behind the wall so they don't need to try anymore.

x-Lundz-x

Ps+ has been subpar these past few months. Wonder if we're gonna continue seeing this trend.

WUT?

March 2014:
PS4:
Dead Nation
PS3:
Tomb Raider
Vita:
Unit 13

April 2014:
PS4:
Mercenary Kings
PS3:
Batman Arkham City
Vita:
Pixel Junk Monsters

May 2014:
PS4:
Stick it to the Man
PS3:
Puppeteer
Vita:
Limbo

That's just picking one game from each. Granted if you are talking PS4 only maybe, but come on the system is not even a year old and they are doing a great job with what they can give away. As far as the whole package, how is that list above subpar?

MUnited83

For you.
WUT?

March 2014:
PS4:
Dead Nation
PS3:
Tomb Raider
Vita:
Unit 13

April 2014:
PS4:
Mercenary Kings
PS3:
Batman Arkham City
Vita:
Pixel Junk Monsters

May 2014:
PS4:
Stick it to the Man
PS3:
Puppeteer
Vita:
Limbo

That's just picking one game from each. Granted if you are talking PS4 only maybe, but come on the system is not even a year old and they are doing a great job with what they can give away. As far as the whole package, how is that list above subpar?

Those are the US games, not the EU ones. EU had a pretty kickass line-up anyways though.

RulkezX

WUT?

March 2014:
PS4:
Dead Nation
PS3:
Tomb Raider
Vita:
Unit 13

April 2014:
PS4:
Mercenary Kings
PS3:
Batman Arkham City
Vita:
Pixel Junk Monsters

May 2014:
PS4:
Stick it to the Man
PS3:
Puppeteer
Vita:
Limbo

I think it's safe to say not everyone is completely bought into the Playstation eco system. I get some value out of it because I have a Vita but I sold my PS3 after I bought a PS4, for those with only a PS4 and new to the service it has been a let down given how much the service was championed by PS3 fans.

We all know it'll get better but I'd find it hard to argue that the service has been good on PS4 so far.

Timmy00

Ps+ has been subpar these past few months. Wonder if we're gonna continue seeing this trend.

Yeah there haven't been many games recently that interested me in PS+. Hopefully it'll start picking up and give me a few good months with content that interest me.

x-Lundz-x

I think it's safe to say not everyone is completely bought into the Playstation eco system. I get some value out of it because I have a Vita but I sold my PS3 after I bought a PS4, for those with only a PS4 and new to the service it has been a let down given how much the service was championed by PS3 fans.

We all know it'll get better but I'd find it hard to argue that the service has been good on PS4 so far.

This is true, and I agree that if you have PS4 only I could understand, but at the same time the games they have given out, Resogun, Contrast, Outlast, Dead Nation etc... are all great games. We may not be getting big time AAA games right now but just give it a year or so.

However, if you have a PS4 / Vita or PS4 / PS3 combo I just don't see how you could live without having PS+.

jwk94

So I just saw this image, is there any truth to it? I can't seem to find a source.

isyjUet.png

What are the chances they go with pixeljunk or trine as one ps4 game and then announce a second ps4 game at e3? Was there any precedent set for that in the past?

Top Bottom