• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Colin has been trying to rile people up on Twitter for a long time. This tweet was the most obvious bait. I really don't like the purposely antagonize people stuff that he is trying. I mean what's the point? make people hate you? make it harder for Kinda Funny fans to discuss their content on Social Media? It just seems pointless. I get that he think it's fun but it seems this joke has played itself.

Totally pointless tweet, I agree. Seems like he does it so he can moan about people not liking it.

Corpsepyre

Banned
His tweet today about International Women's Day is really dumb. I get that it's a joke but it's uncalled for IMO. It runs right in the face of him complaining about the Horizon criticism yesterday.

He trolls you and you fall for it? Mission accomplished, I guess.

KalBalboa

Banned
I don't follow any of the Kinda Funny stuff these days but Dave Lang just now retweeted Colin's joke.

2Dolig9.jpg

What a dipshit.

Mezoly

Gutless and stupid tweets by Colin. Some of the replies from people defending Colin are toxic.

I see people are subtweeting him because they are afraid of the harassment that they will get from his fans. Kinda Funny has attracted some really toxic fans. It's a shame because when they started it was of the friendliest fanbases I've seen.

Gutless and stupid tweets by Colin. Some of the replies from people defending Colin are toxic.
99% of his replies are a lurid circle jerk of mad lads and "anti-PC" jackasses who are just repeating variations of "lmao Colin now you're going to get the SJWs angry at you!" And almost no one who is actually getting mad

Such a sad group of people

LiK

He's getting some backlash from other gaming personalities in my feed. It's a tasteless joke for sure. I like that he doubled down on it for no reason. Defensive. I should probably just unfollow him now.

I see people are subtweeting him because they are afraid of the harassment that they will get from his fans. Kinda Funny has attracted some really toxic fans. It's a shame because when they started it was of the friendliest fanbases I've seen.

That's what we get when Greg and the rest of the crew say nothing. When someone else says something, they pounce. When Colin says something dumb, they pretend it's all in good fun.

Tjamato88

Who is subtweeting him?

I've haven't seen much push back. Tim wrote that these aren't the fans he wants but I'm not sure what he meant. He left it kind of ambiguous.

#ColinWasWrong. I never really paid attention to Colin at all until Kinda Funny and he kind of instantly rubbed me the wrong way with his faux-Libertarinism/diet Tea Party-ishness/diet racism/diet misogyny. I thought I was the only person who thought like this. I'm glad I'm not.

sora87

99% of his replies are a lurid circle jerk of mad lads and "anti-PC" jackasses who are just repeating variations of "lmao Colin now you're going to get the SJWs angry at you!" And almost no one who is actually getting mad

Colin could do pretty much anything and that group of "best friends" would defend him to their death. Scary.

Servbot24

Banned

Probably has contributed to the way he conducts himself and why he thinks he's edgy or whatever. Attracting those type of people and having them tell you you're great will have a rolling effect on you.

killroy87

All of his followers who are reacting to the tweet in a "this gun be gud" manner are more sad than the tweet. You'd think Colin would look at the type of people supporting him and think "hmmm, there's at least a slight chance I'm on the wrong side of this"

Every time I see this thread get bumped I think "Colin must be acting like an entitled douche again" and sure enough, here we are. Though I'm sure the Kinda Funny Klan are holding his nuts for him on Twitter as usual.

Mezoly

Who is subtweeting him?

I've haven't seen much push back. Tim wrote that these aren't the fans he wants but I'm not sure what he meant. He left it kind of ambiguous.
I saw Max tweet and couple of others.

I didn't care about the joke itself. It's dumb. It's his RTs and replies he's making that makes him look like an ass.

"Because not all people are humorless sacks of shit" This is what annoyed me more. So I didn't find the joke and the obvious bait funny that means I'm humorless sacks of shit.

Pretty sure he is fucking with everyone on that tweet.

I'm pretty sure most people know that, it's just been done multiple time by now.

Who is subtweeting him?

Austin Walker, Alex Navarro, Arthur and others from Polygon, several freelancers I follow. I have Colin blocked on Twitter and when Arthur started vaguely talking about this without mentioning him by name I was like, "Oh, is Colin being a shithead again?" and of course I was right.

Austin Walker, Alex Navarro, Arthur and others from Polygon, several freelancers I follow. I have Colin blocked on Twitter and when Arthur started vaguely talking about this without mentioning him by name I was like, "Oh, is Colin being a shithead again?" and of course I was right.

Dave Lang's is the best. Colin is fuck boy personified.

Tjamato88

LOL literally was looking at Arthur's tweets as you posted that.

killroy87

I didn't check beforehand, but Arthur isn't following Colin right now.

Edit, neither is Austin or Alex. Even Jeff (though I don't know if Jeff ever did, I just assume). Good for them.

I'm sure Colin's fine. As long as he has his sweet, sweet Patrons.

What a fucking tool. I really like Jason Schreier and part of me wants to watch the show where Colin had him on but I don't think I can stand hearing Colin talk for 90 minutes and I don't want to give him a single view if I can help it.

Weebos

Banned
I saw Max tweet and couple of others.

Alex Navarro and Danielle Riendeau as well.

I like Colin, and I don't think he is being actively malicious or truly means harm, but I'm tired of shit like this. His rants in the podcasts, including the one in today's episode, are becoming annoying.

I don't mind the occasional rant, but he always rants about the exact same things. Hell, I agree with him half the time, if not more, but he seems to be getting more and more ornery as time goes on.

The kind of people he attracts to Kinda Funny aren't helping either.

LiK

Still sad to see other people in the industry need to subtweet to avoid his zealous followers who will harass them if they @ him.

Still sad to see other people in the industry need to subtweet to avoid his zealous followers who will harass them if they @ him.
I don't really feel like it's to avoid harassment, those zealots will seek them out and harass them regardless of whether they tweet him directly or not. It's more about starving him of the attention he craves.

Trying to find out why people are losing their minds about what he said. Pretty harmless joke IMO.
It's not harmless to perpetuate the stereotype of women being loud, shrill, obnoxious, etc.

Also, the joke is bad, rote, and amateurish. And the fact that he chooses today of all days to tell this joke, when the majority of the men in this industry are choosing to use their voice to promote and thank the women around them, is just fuckery.

It's more than just trolling, he knows he has a big base of neo-nazi (aka alt-right/gamergater) fans and is pandering to them with that tweet too.

Also, checked out his girlfriend's twitter and she is just as bad as him. Women who participated in the general strike abandoned their responsibilities apparently.

Top Bottom