• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita Found On Sony's E3 Site, Now Removed

Anth0ny

Honestly, it's just a name. Remember Wii? We got over it in, like, a week. Sounds weird now, will sound normal by the end of E3. Whatever.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
KenAndKevinsExcellentAdventure.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
DrForester said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/KenAndKevinsExcellentAdventure.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
That is so awesome.

"Are you going to hack us?" Hahaha. Perfect.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow--E3 brings out the great gifs in full force. Well done.

onQ123

on a sidenote the PSN hack & this Vita name has somehow taken the spot light from Nintendo's new console for the last month or so but that might be due to not much new being leaked about the new console, but E3 will change that.

Koomaster

I like the name Vita. Then again I enjoy oddball names and things. ^___^

Also this name makes me hungry for some reason. Maybe Sony plans on marketing portable gaming snacks for gamers to eat while porting around the Vita and playing with it?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I believe it's crazy to think that Sony is going to refer to this thing as the PSV.

MercuryLS

Banned
Remember how ridiculous PlayStation sounded when you first heard it? Like some child's toy?

Yeah...I think PSVita will be fine. I'm kinda glad they're getting away from the numbering for their consoles. Hopefully PS4 has a unique name too.

Koomaster

MercuryLS said:
Remember how ridiculous PlayStation sounded when you first heard it? Like some child's toy?

Yeah...I think PSVita will be fine. I'm kinda glad they're getting away from the numbering for their consoles. Hopefully PS4 has a unique name too.
PS Amor. Rhymes with four and then you can own both life (vita) and love (amor). The ad campaigns practically write themselves.

patsu

MercuryLS said:

iPad and Wii had a rough time with their names at the beginning also.

The most interesting part of PS Vita may be the community software. Really really hope they port it to PS3 so I can be part of the neighbourhood network too !

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
okenny said:
Is there some sort of fixation Sony has with three-character initials?
It was actually the players/fans that started it. Everyone started calling the Playstation the PS1 when Playstation 2 was rumored. And since then it stuck with every console/handheld.

I think it was actually PSX for the PS1 at one point though, and then the real PSX came out after the PS2.

Gravijah

Bad_Boy said:
It was actually the players/fans that started it. Everyone started calling the Playstation the PS1 when Playstation 2 was rumored. And since then it stuck with every console/handheld.

I think it was actually PSX for the PS1 at one point though, and then the real PSX came out after the PS2.

It will always be the PSX.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. I don't really like the "Vita" name, but okay Sony. So long as I can perma marker out the Vita and just call it a "PSP2" we're good.

Biff

DrForester said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/KenAndKevinsExcellentAdventure.gif
lol

This year's E3 thread is gonna be so good.

Who's gif-suine will reign supreme?!?!?!?!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So in other Vita news, we have yet another new engine: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/34981/Trinigy_Brings_Vision_Game_Engine_To_Sonys_NGP.php

Eningen, Germany-based game engine maker Trinigy has announced a new version of its 3D Vision Game Engine designed for Sony's upcoming, code-named Next Generation Portable.

The new version of the engine, which is available now, adds features specifically designed to take advantage of the NGP's multi-core architecture, with support for optimized character skinning and rendering and improved multi-threading, as well as libraries for the NGP's multi-touch sensor.

The company also stressed support for automatic cross-platform handling of textures and shaders, allowing developers to port existing graphics content from formats including the PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 and Windows to the NGP more easily.

“Because of the Vision Game Engine’s flexibility, developers can use the same tools environment, the same asset types, the same game code, and many of the same graphical effects, which is an incredible advantage in an environment with so many different development platforms." said Trinigy managing director Dag Frommhold, in a statement.

List of games that use this engine (not a whole lot it seems): http://www.trinigy.net/en/clients/game-customers

Top Bottom