• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
Are there any "blockbuster"-ish/must have games coming out soon? I've had my Vita since launch, and I'm not going to lie, I've really been regretting buying it this past couple of weeks. Rayman Origins was a nice, beautiful game, but it's charm unfortunately didn't keep me hooked playing. I guess platformers like this just don't do much for me anymore. I tried Uncharted at my friends, but again, I don't see as something I see myself playing much. Don't get me wrong, the system is damn sexy, there just isn't much right now that's making me want to play it. :/

Resistance, Mortal Kombat, or Gravity rush?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I think we have pretty different ideas of "good amount" and "next few months".
I'm buying them all but man I hope there's a ton of new Vita content at E3 because releases are thin.

ReaperXL7

Like....? I can think of one, maybe two in the next three months.

Well for me personally, Disgaea, and Mortal Kombat just came out,then Retro City Rampage, MGS collection, DJMax Technika Tune, Sound Shapes, and if both Oddworld games make their planned summer releases thats a good amount of great looking games for me.

Than there is LBP, Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4, and Virtues Last Reward(admittedly i'm cautious about this one because I have little clue what it is but it looks interesting).

This also does not account for smaller PSN related stuff.

I guess i am indeed fucked, after having the Vita in rice for 5 days now (it fell into water) i tried to turn it on it didn't budge. I started charging it and the light (PShome button) came on for 2 seconds and went off, i repeated with the same results. That's my $300 down the drain, money i worked hard for :'(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Well for me personally, Disgaea, and Mortal Kombat just came out,then Retro City Rampage, MGS collection, DJMax Technika Tune, Sound Shapes, and if both Oddworld games make their planned summer releases thats a good amount of great looking games for me.

Than there is LBP, Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4, and Virtues Last Reward(admittedly i'm cautious about this one because I have little clue what it is but it looks interesting).

Yeah, I know about all of them, but like I said, next 3 months.
Most everything you listed has no official date.

I guess i am indeed fucked, after having the Vita in rice for 5 days now (it fell into water) i tried to turn it on it didn't budge. I started charging it and the light (PShome button) came on for 2 seconds and went off, i repeated with the same results. That's my $300 down the drain, money i worked hard for :'(
Damn that sucks man

ReaperXL7

That really sucks, i'm sorry to hear that. Strangely enough my wife dropped her Nook color into a kids pool not long ago and we tried the rice trick. I personally did not think it would work so I went and picked up one of the new Nook Tablets, turns out a few days later that the rice trick did actually work. I wonder why it did not for the Vita.

I take it you did not get any kind of extended warranty on it? Because I know alot of them include water damage these days.

Ponn

Banned

I'm happy you're happy.

Reality is thats not a system selling lineup for the rest of 2012, especially with a couple of those not even having a release date yet and the possiblity of one being delayed. It's pretty damn close to "selling my system while I can get a good price and picking one up later after a huge price drop and bundle" in fact. The great thing about all games having a DD release is you don't have to worry about games going out of print.

Isnt it covered for one year like the ps3?

That really sucks, i'm sorry to hear that. Strangely enough my wife dropped her Nook color into a kids pool not long ago and we tried the rice trick. I personally did not think it would work so I went and picked up one of the new Nook Tablets, turns out a few days later that the rice trick did actually work. I wonder why it did not for the Vita.

I take it you did not get any kind of extended warranty on it? Because I know alot of them include water damage these days.

Nah, i never thought i will be that careless. I guess its a good lesson for me, i won't be buying a Vita anytime soon though. Maybe in 2-3years time, by then their should be a new version anyways.

Isnt it covered for one year like the ps3?

I bought it through Amazon, so i don't think it is covered. Or is it? i don't know.

Mitama

Can't you take it back, say that you were charging it and now it won't turn on anymore?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Nah, i never thought i will be that careless. I guess its a good lesson for me, i won't be buying a Vita anytime soon though. Maybe in 2-3years time, by then their should be a new version anyways.

Call up Sony, tell them your Vita isn't responding but don't mention you dropped it in water, and you could get it repaired for a somewhat minimal cost. I would definitely try that before giving up!

Call up Sony, tell them your Vita isn't responding but don't mention you dropped it in water, and you could get it repaired for a somewhat minimal cost. I would definitely try that before giving up!

What part of Sony, is there a specific number i should call? sorry am a bit clueless with this sort of things.

I believe the Vita has a one year warranty like the ps3, just call up Sony and tell them its not turning on.

Well am glad that i posted my problems here, i wouldn't have thought that was possible. I just need that number now, lol.

Here's the email form: http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/

Or via phone:

Thank you so much.

There would normally be at least a 1 year mfg warranty on the thing, but since it was submerged in water, pretty sure it wouldn't be covered anyway.

might as well try my luck.

ReaperXL7

I'm happy you're happy. Reality is thats not a system selling lineup for the rest of 2012, especially with a couple of those not even having a release date yet and the possiblity of one being delayed. It's pretty damn close to "selling my system while I can get a good price and picking one up later after a huge price drop and bundle" in fact. The great thing about all games having a DD release is you don't have to worry about games going out of print.

Is this a sales thread? Where in my post did I say that any of that was system sellers? Oh thats right I did not, so if your not happy with your system i'm sorry for your loss, but i'm not going to like my system any less because your unhappy with it.

If your not interested in the line-up what can anyone do about it? All I can say is that the Vita has a quite a few games coming up for it that i'm either actually excited for, or atleast interested in, i'm not going to change my mind on that just because some people only care about Gravity Rush, and ignore the rest of the stuff thats coming.

mangaroo

Banned
I am confused by these complaints about lack of games. Wipeout is really all you need. Lumines too if you are weak. Rayman to spoil yourself and the rest are just sprinkles on top (M:RC, SSD). Learn to love the games you have, especially wipeout. There is a speed lap challenge over in the arena section at wipeoutzone, nice for a bit of competition that isn't online combat.

Also, I read that one post looking forward to the grip charger tutorial and will try to get one with photos up next week.

Oh, not saying you shoudn't try, just saying that it wouldn't be covered. :p

Worse case scenario, they don't replace you Vita. Its not like it can get worse than having a broken Vita.

Yep, i would try my best to sound convincing. Hope they are not on Gaf, lol. Anyways i will have to call tomorrow, it's already 11pm over here.

mangaroo

Banned
Do they not have water sensors for that sort of thing like apple does so it can get out giving you a replacement after you've sent it in. Don't want to be downer but worth thinking about/looking into before calling and arranging a pickup - might end up having to pay just to redeliver your broken vita or the repair cost I guess. Good luck anyway!

Ponn

Banned
Is this a sales thread? Where in my post did I say that any of that was system sellers? Oh thats right I did not, so if your not happy with your system i'm sorry for your loss, but i'm not going to like my system any less because your unhappy with it.

If your not interested in the line-up what can anyone do about it? All I can say is that the Vita has a quite a few games coming up for it that i'm either actually excited for, or atleast interested in, i'm not going to change my mind on that just because some people only care about Gravity Rush, and ignore the rest of the stuff thats coming.

The problem is the games you are listing IS the lineup we have so far, minus lego batman 2. And right now thats for the rest of the year and into 2013. I don't hangout in sales threads, far from it, but you can't live in a vacuum with a new system, especially as badly as the Vita is doing. If the system doesn't sell, we don't get new games, its that simple. I'm giving Sony E3 but they really need to do something. This releasing a console then doing nothing to support it and all but pretending it doesn't exist is so baffling and needs to stop. I mean for crying out loud till fall the only other two games i've been interested in besides gravity rush are PS3 ports i've already played on PS3 and Zen Pinball which i've been playing. These things are nice but they should be great by-products of owning a vita, not the only things you have to look forward to.

And this is not the type of word of mouth Sony should be fostering. Just because i'm frustrated with the state of the system doesn't mean i'm unhappy with it. The exact opposite, I want more then anything for this beauty to succeed better then the PSP and eventually become a full on replacement for my PS3 but right now its trending worse then the PSP. How can I be happy about that?

Grinchy

Banned
now that it's been announced, people need to check out the japanese demo. because ragnarok's the real deal...

Visually, it looks quite nice from the video I just started watching on youtube. After playing a couple dozen hours of Monster Hunter in the past couple weeks, I can't wait for a real Vita RPG.

Blockbusters huh... Lumines?

ZeE2e.gif
ZeE2e.gif
Well played.

ReaperXL7

The problem is the games you are listing IS the lineup we have so far, minus lego batman 2. And right now thats for the rest of the year and into 2013. I don't hangout in sales threads, far from it, but you can't live in a vacuum with a new system, especially as badly as the Vita is doing. If the system doesn't sell, we don't get new games, its that simple. I'm giving Sony E3 but they really need to do something. This releasing a console then doing nothing to support it and all but pretending it doesn't exist is so baffling and needs to stop. I mean for crying out loud till fall the only other two games i've been interested in besides gravity rush are PS3 ports i've already played on PS3 and Zen Pinball which i've been playing. These things are nice but they should be great by-products of owning a vita, not the only things you have to look forward to.

And this is not the type of word of mouth Sony should be fostering. Just because i'm frustrated with the state of the system doesn't mean i'm unhappy with it. The exact opposite, I want more then anything for this beauty to succeed better then the PSP and eventually become a full on replacement for my PS3 but right now its trending worse then the PSP. How can I be happy about that?

I understand where your coming from, trust me I do, so if you took my post as being hostel I apologize that was not my intent. The way I look at it is like this, I've purchased a ton of consoles, and handhelds over the years, there are only a few that I have not owned personally, and honestly I'm just used to the current situation right now as an early adopter.

Just about every console I can remember owning had a lull in software after it's launch. So right now (outside of slow sales) I do not personally have much to complain about . I have a bunch of launch software that I have yet to burn through, I just picked up Disgaea 3, and MK, and the reason I bought a Vita in the first place was because of the software thats been announced, DJMax being a Major one, aswell as Sound Shapes. It does suck that we don't have dates for more things that have been announced but with recent news about DJMax, and Persona 4, and then now with Ragnarok, I'm aittle less concerned on a personal level because there are games coming that I want to play.

I absolutely agree that Sony needs to put a major focus on the Vita, there is no doubt about that. I just think that with E3 only a couple of weeks away, it's too early to be calling death to system, especially with the fact that they have never abandoned hardware(except the go). If come E3, Gamescom, and TGS, Sony has not filled out the coming line-up with solid/great looking games for this year, and next,than i'll be right there with you, but as it stands there is "enough" annonced right now for me to wait that long.

Hell in just seven days Sony is holding a press conference for(from what we know) a single Vita game, wether it's worth it or not is another thing, but I don't think Sony would do that if they were just going to wash their hands of it and drop the system.

Oh, not saying you shoudn't try, just saying that it wouldn't be covered. :p

Worse case scenario, they don't replace you Vita. Its not like it can get worse than having a broken Vita.
Once you send it in they'll know it was emersed in water. Modern electronics devices generally have a litmous tab hidden away somewhere internally, and if it gets wet, it changes color. The color change tells them "this device has been under water".

Not saying he shouldn't try his luck, but if they look, they'll know why it doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom