• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only WipEout Pure from PSPGo ambassador free games is compatible (you can downloaded it via VITA), but the PSPGo free version of some other games like (Everbody's Golf or Resistante Retribution aren't) the paid version are.

621ye.jpg

This happens cause ID check list (name file).
The space between everbody' and "s" or the two dots ":" on Resistance: Retribution. Sony is weird.
WipEout pure paid version ID name is the same as "PSPGo ambassador" so you can download it on VITA. (That version is an ambassador game too but you can see it has the Paid version icon)

That is terrible, I was really looking forward to playing those games on the Vita.

Can't get them downloaded on the PS3 either.

joshwaan

I just picked up my Vita first time in a while work takes up lot of my time. Playing Rayman Origins got to the second level with the big blue dude, all I can say is fucking amazing game. it's such a funny feel good game. Vita need's more like this loving it.

I can see now why they saying rayman Origins is fantastic it really is, the artwork is something to behold on the vita :)

Back to playing :)

btkadams

sweet, just bought hot shots tennis and it isn't viewable as a game to transfer over to my vita (when connected to the ps3).

does it work in another region (i'm in canada)? fucking lame.

Grinchy

Banned
HORI PS Vita Face Cover

The only draw back is that the cover does not fold back far enough to become a make shift stand.

Actually I think it does. I didn't think it did at first either, but then I realize it kinda "snaps" out of place and it can go all the way around.

I haven't actually used it as a stand yet, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I just noticed that it could be used that way, and I think I saw a picture of someone doing it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Most likely some the games being released in 2012 in the fall will get ported over to the VITA

Any new IP we see during E3 is 2013, nothing can be 2012 ready, unless Sony does some quick PSP HD Collections and ports those to the VITA like the HD Collections on the PS3 brethren.. I wouldn't put it past them

GOW Collection PSVita version anyone?, Triple Dip SON!

Watch Playstation All-Star Battle Royale to get the SFxTekken Vita version treatment too

ReaperXL7

Warriors Lair, 2013?.... ugh!

If I had to guess which game on that list has the wrong date it's Warriors Lair, especially since thats not even the games name anymore.

Most likely some the games being released in 2012 in the fall will get ported over to the VITA

Any new IP we see during E3 is 2013, nothing can be 2012 ready, unless Sony does some quick PSP HD Collections and ports those to the VITA like the HD Collections on the PS3 brethren.. I wouldn't put it past them

While I agree, people should keep their expectations reasonable, we don't really know how long Sony's first party atleast has been working on their Vita games. Killzone for instance, or Media Molecules game. It's entirely possible these could be announced for the end of the year, but it all depends on how long they have been in development.

Apath

Watch Playstation All-Star Battle Royale to get the SFxTekken Vita version treatment too
I really hope Sony announces a Vita port for Playstation Smash.

Almost everything you said is correct.

Of course that plenty of newly annouced stuff will be 2012 ready. Unless people assume Sony just decided to ignore second half of 2012

snap0212

Oh it's a regional thing? The regional split with Vita seems to be even worse than PS3 (with different PSP games working, lack of PS+ mini support in US but they work in EU, screenshots)
Take a look at the new content. No screenshots anymore. :(

Is there a site where I can check download sizes for retail games? I have some spare PSN credit and I'm tempted by MK and Rayman, but as I only have a 8gb card (which already have Uncharted and HSG on it), I don't know if I have enough space for one or both.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there a site where I can check download sizes for retail games? I have some spare PSN credit and I'm tempted by MK and Rayman, but as I only have a 8gb card (which already have Uncharted and HSG on it), I don't know if I have enough space for one or both.
Not sure about Rayman or a website, but Mortal Kombat is about 3GB.

Rayman Origins is just below 1 GB.

Ardenyal

Hopefully they announce bigger&faster memory cards at E3. Backing up games takes a bit too long for switching games on PS3/PC to be a viable option in the long term...

Zampano

Thinking about gettin PS+, largely to play Velocity. I also have a PS3. Do people think they get their money's worth? Can I get any of the free games that came out before I sign up?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Thinking about gettin PS+, largely to play Velocity. I also have a PS3. Do people think they get their money's worth? Can I get any of the free games that came out before I sign up?
No, it isn't retroactive. And yes, it's a great value if you own a PS3.

Rayman Origins is just below 1 GB.

Awesome, thanks for that. I should have just enough space to download this. In fact, I recently finished Ghosts of Sparta, so I might just delete that as I can't see myself replaying it any time soon.

So I take it there's no site where you can find out file sizes for everything on the vita store? :/

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Do I have a magical system, because my store tells you demo/full game download sizes when you get to the product page.

spats

Do I have a magical system, because my store tells you demo/full game download sizes when you get to the product page.

I believe it's a regional thing. Some publishers may put file size up for some regions. It's a total mess to be honest and should be standardized.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I was just saying, I had to tilt my laptop sideways to get the picture, that's all

One simple edit and rotate click would've made the picture stand out better

Not saying anything derogatory about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom