• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh too many vita game announcements make go ' cool, but I already got this on ps3 or pc'

Vita is for hardcore but not for hardcore?

Maybe I'd felt the same way half a decade ago if I bought a ps2 back in the day.

AsM2WyACEAEU19H.jpg

that black vita looks so much better than the retail one.
The silver stripe makes it kinda look cheap

gabbre

I don't think the Munch Oddysee HD's screenshot is from the PSVita version, unless there is a Samsung's PSVita out there

Sylver

Banned
OP:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Ys I & II Chronicles
Resistance: Retribution
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

Minis - Age of Zombies
Minis - Street Smart
Minis - Angry Birds
Minis - Hero of Sparta

Euro versions are compatible.

VanWinkle

I was thinking of how weird it was that we still didn't have more compatible PSP and mini titles, so I looked at the Playstation Blog for the post where they listed the compatible titles.

Playstation Blog said:
Here are the first 275 PSP titles ready to be downloaded onto PS Vita. Don’t worry if you don’t see your favorite title here now; more PSP titles will be made available for PS Vita play in the coming weeks. We’ll keep this list current and let you know when updates are made.

They....lied to us. Those jerks. Seriously, though, it's frustrating beyond words that we haven't even heard a word since the beginning of February, and we expecting to get many more titles by a month or less (at least, I was).

Massa

Thinking about gettin PS+, largely to play Velocity. I also have a PS3. Do people think they get their money's worth? Can I get any of the free games that came out before I sign up?

My subscription runs out next month and I won't be resubscribing. PS+ has mostly only added to my backlog, and of my backlog I'd rather play the games I bought than the ones Sony picked.

The games I would at least try out every month were the minis, but since replacing my PSP Go with the Vita I haven't been able to play them anymore. Makes it an easy decision.

I finally bought my Vita. Got one for $180 with a 4GB card and a carrying case & game case.

I'm just loving the little subtle GUI swiping and background music. Such sleekness. I don't even have a Vita retail game yet. I just bought Dissidia 012 for it so far.

They....lied to us. Those jerks. Seriously, though, it's frustrating beyond words that we haven't even heard a word since the beginning of February, and we expecting to get many more titles by a month or less (at least, I was)...

:) yeah, 'coming weeks' does sorta imply that, eh? we're well into 'coming months' right now...

AppleBlade

Just played the Unit 13 demo and I was very impressed; worth a purchase?
I just got it a week ago and am playing it right now and I like it. It is very gamey in a good way. I am addicted to leveling the different soldiers, unlocking perks, trophies, and stages, and getting higher star ratings.

jonno394

I just got it a week ago and am playing it right now and I like it. It is very gamey in a good way. I am addicted to leveling the different soldiers, unlocking perks, trophies, and stages, and getting higher star ratings.

One of my favorite Vita games, definitely worth a purchase.

I usually don't get to enjoy FPS/TPS that much on a console as my eyesight sucks and I find it hard to follow all the stuff happening onscreen at the same time, but withe the beautiful Vita screen being so close to me I had no such problems.

Think i'll pick this up, shame about the devs closing though.

Thanks for posting those pictures. I moved SOCOM and added two more Metal Gear games to the list. Am I only imagining this, or have they expanded the list of available PSP games since launch without mentioning anything on the official blog?

osknoes

Today I bought a european copy of wipeout. When I tried to redeem the online password with my canadian account, it didn't work. And I don't have a EU account :\ I want to keep my id, with trophies, friends and so on from the canadian account.

I emailed sony to see if they can move my account from being canadian, to a eu one, but I don't think it will work.

In the other hand, vita supports to do a back-up in pc\ps3 then change the psn account, and get all the content back, right ? Or Am I f*** ?

Well, in case anyone wants to trade the wipeout online-pass, send me a private message.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wish Sony could have PSN games play on Vita.

Would require emulating the PS3 Cell to do it, and the Vita just isn't powerful enough, and chances are unless Sony have really worked hard on it, a next-gen PS4 isn't going to be able to emulate the Cell chip either.

Today I bought a european copy of wipeout. When I tried to redeem the online password with my canadian account, it didn't work. And I don't have a EU account :\ I want to keep my id, with trophies, friends and so on from the canadian account.

I emailed sony to see if they can move my account from being canadian, to a eu one, but I don't think it will work.

In the other hand, vita supports to do a back-up in pc\ps3 then change the psn account, and get all the content back, right ? Or Am I f*** ?

Well, in case anyone wants to trade the wipeout online-pass, send me a private message.

How come you picked up an EU version?

We knew from the PS3 that DLC is tied to a region unlike games which aren't, and as far as I know, but I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, while you can backup all your data and such like you can't move it between accounts, only physical copies can be but that requires wiping off your old account from them too.

ibu

Does anyone here have the HORI Hard Case? I mean this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006WJ6YDK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Do you recomend it for 15€?

I have the black/red version, very much worth it. Has two cartridge slots on the inside. But no space for adapter. I keep my (acquired elsewhere) micro-fibre cloth in there and my Sony earphones. Won't protect massive drops/weight pressure. But definitely allows it to be thrown into a back pack or carried with ease and less worries.

I have the black/red version, very much worth it. Has two cartridge slots on the inside. But no space for adapter. I keep my (acquired elsewhere) micro-fibre cloth in there and my Sony earphones. Won't protect massive drops/weight pressure. But definitely allows it to be thrown into a back pack or carried with ease and less worries.

Sounds good enough for what I want actually, thanks a lot :)

Concept17

Been playing some Disgaea3 finally. Man the story is super-cheese, but gets a good chuckle out of me here and there. The gameplay is just awesome. If you like SRPGs get this game.

osknoes

Would require emulating the PS3 Cell to do it, and the Vita just isn't powerful enough, and chances are unless Sony have really worked hard on it, a next-gen PS4 isn't going to be able to emulate the Cell chip either.

How come you picked up an EU version?

We knew from the PS3 that DLC is tied to a region unlike games which aren't, and as far as I know, but I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong, while you can backup all your data and such like you can't move it between accounts, only physical copies can be but that requires wiping off your old account from them too.

I moved to europe. That's all. So, I can move my save data, but not my games ? Not even download them again from my ps3, in case I have my canadian account in my ps3, with my games, and my european account in my vita, and transfer them ?

ReaperXL7

Just so people are aware in case this has not been posted, Amazon Gold Box is a Wifi Vita today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/A1EIW23C3H/?tag=neogaf0e-20

In the deal the Vita is still 249.99, but it also comes with a 4gig memory card, and a copy of Mortal kombat. So not a bad deal, of course it would be better if it came with a bigger card, but if you stick with retail games for alittle while a 4gig can last you sometime. The deal is on until May 12th

Sylver

Banned
I moved to europe. That's all. So, I can move my save data, but not my games ? Not even download them again from my ps3, in case I have my canadian account in my ps3, with my games, and my european account in my vita, and transfer them ?

You can if you have your canadian account in your VITA. You need to attach on your VITA the account you bought those games to transfer them.

Just so people are aware in case this has not been posted, Amazon Gold Box is a Wifi Vita today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/A1EIW23C3H/?tag=neogaf0e-20

In the deal the Vita is still 249.99, but it also comes with a 4gig memory card, and a copy of Mortal kombat. So not a bad deal, of course it would be better if it came with a bigger card, but if you stick with retail games for alittle while a 4gig can last you sometime. The deal is on until May 12th

Fucking hell, just like the Target deal I would be all over this if I gave two shits about the game they were including. Just let me choose a free game, dammit!

ReaperXL7

Umm....I don't know if I should make a thread about this because it's possible nothing will happen, but has anyone else seen this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/q4m5g/lets_get_borderlands_2_on_the_vita_official/

Apprently someone emailed Randy about getting Borderlands 2 on the Vita and Randy responded with this

Hi [name withheld],

Thanks for the e-mail – I loved it!

I love the Vita as do a lot of folks at the studio and we have explored this.

We’ll need some partner’s help and partner’s commitments to make this happen. Feel free to let Sony and 2K Games and your favorite retailer know what you think.

Cheers!

- Randy

So I decided to email them both, just for the hell of it because it would be fantastic to have BL2 on the Vita, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it. It's nice to hear that Randy would be willing to do with if he had the Support though.

Kafel

Banned
Yep nothing new.

I think everyone who has seen the Vita beast would love to have their games on it. The business decisions are something else.

jonno394

Yep nothing new.

I think everyone who has seen the Vita beast would love to have their games on it. The business decisions are something else.

Yes, now that I own one I think it is an amazing machine. A steady stream of games would do me, I don't need countless gems, just one GOOD game a month would do me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
A long as it's native rez, you'll have 4 purchases of the game, Randy (2X 360, 2X VITA).

Also, make another Samba de Amigo game.

Been playing some Disgaea3 finally. Man the story is super-cheese, but gets a good chuckle out of me here and there. The gameplay is just awesome. If you like SRPGs get this game.

I've been thinking about picking up this game. Do you know if the enemies scale to your level or do their levels stay static?

ReaperXL7

ahh damn, well even still although I know it likely won't happen, there probably is no harm in letting both Sony and 2k know there is interest. I just wish Sony would pursue these kinds of things alittle harder than they do, I mean if I were Sony, and Randy expressed some interest in making a game like BL 2 for the Vita, yeah i'd be on the phone with 2k. Thats just me though.

OP:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Ys I & II Chronicles
Resistance: Retribution
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

Minis - Age of Zombies
Minis - Street Smart
Minis - Angry Birds
Minis - Hero of Sparta

Euro versions are compatible.

How did you get to try Resistance? did you buy it?

Disgaea is like it's own genre. It's so different for your usual tactics games.

And btw: is Virtua Tennis 4 one of the secret best ports/experiences for vita? 60fps native res with no noticeable visual sacrifices.

Already on my 2nd playthrough and what not. So mindless and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom