• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoylAsult

For that price I'd get it. Though be warned, its not exactly the same as the PS3 version. Its basically a slightly enhanced PSP version. Much smaller environments. The cutscenes are incredibly blurry.

yeah i heard it was the psp version, ive never played a lego game and ive always wanted to try it out and i figured this was a good one to start with. Same with the new Batman one coming out soon

yeah i heard it was the psp version, ive never played a lego game and ive always wanted to try it out and i figured this was a good one to start with. Same with the new Batman one coming out soon

Its an easy platinum and is nice to play in short bursts. Probably the same I spent the most time with on the system so far.

Famassu

And what a spectacular job they're doing
XaugS.gif
Umm.. they've got shittons of games working, what's the problem?

Im pretty sure this has been asked before, but with so many pages to search I thought this may easier, but is MGS Peace Walker playable on Vita? Ive played it before on PSP, but I have a craving for some portable MGS. Does the multiplayer work or do I need the Ad Hoc via PS3? And how does it look and can you switch camera controls to the right analog? And last question, but does transfarring work?

ReaperXL7

Umm.. they've got shittons of games working, what's the problem?

There are lots of great games on PSN from the PSP, my only issue really is the games that are not on the store at all, and that I wish were so that I could get them onto my PSV. I'm hoping that Sony will push to get more PSP games added to PSN eventually.

Torn between MVC3, MK and BB. Looking to pick up a new game before a plane trip later this week. Almost thinking about going with Rayman instead. However, all of these have multiplayer components (or lack in Rayman's case) that I might rather have on a home console. Ack. Decisions.

Are there any big AAA games on Vita I'm missing? Already have Hot Shots, Wipeout and Uncharted.

Flek

Banned
hmm goat say i kinda suck at BB on vita with the dpad … coming from arcade stick & ps3 pretty mooch ruins playing with a dpad ever again :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There are lots of great games on PSN from the PSP, my only issue really is the games that are not on the store at all, and that I wish were so that I could get them onto my PSV. I'm hoping that Sony will push to get more PSP games added to PSN eventually.

I imagine it isn't only Sony's fault, ignoring some of the testing they have to do there are some odd omissions like say FF7: Crisis Core, for a pretty big game on the system and with most of the other FF games where is it?

I'm more surprised other publishers aren't trying to get more of their games on the Playstation Store considering, a lot of the games just aren't going to get picked up any more, but with a good price decrease across the board I would pick up a bunch.

Torn between MVC3, MK and BB. Looking to pick up a new game before a plane trip later this week. Almost thinking about going with Rayman instead. However, all of these have multiplayer components (or lack in Rayman's case) that I might rather have on a home console. Ack. Decisions.

Are there any big AAA games on Vita I'm missing? Already have Hot Shots, Wipeout and Uncharted.

umvc3 is good. Rayman is better. Better than uncharted, better than Ninja Gaiden SP, better than all the other launch titles imo. Addictive, pick up and play and easily playable in long terms too. Get it if you like platformers, get it if you dont like platformers dammit.

Apocryphon

Im pretty sure this has been asked before, but with so many pages to search I thought this may easier, but is MGS Peace Walker playable on Vita? Ive played it before on PSP, but I have a craving for some portable MGS. Does the multiplayer work or do I need the Ad Hoc via PS3? And how does it look and can you switch camera controls to the right analog? And last question, but does transfarring work?

It's playable. More so than it was on the PSP. And yes, you can control the camera with the right analog stick. Haven't tried multiplayer, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work!?

Thanks. I really want to see all of the wrong ends (it almost seems to be the main point of the game), but at the same time I can see it being frustrating running through it all time and time again with slight modifications each time. This will allow me to maintain some kind of flow at least. :)

I'd wait for Monday for PJM just to make sure it hits that compatibility list.

Nothing to be ashamed of to use a guide for corpse party. The actual gameplay part is pretty mediocre. Ya play it for the story.

And make sure you have headphones on while playing it.

They use that 3d audio thingy which works pretty well.

umvc3 is good. Rayman is better. Better than uncharted, better than Ninja Gaiden SP, better than all the other launch titles imo. Addictive, pick up and play and easily playable in long terms too. Get it if you like platformers, get it if you dont like platformers dammit.

Preach it brother. RO is pretty amazing, perfectly suited to the vita as well. Hope it's the first in a long, long line of platformers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Never play Heavy Rain on Ps3, but i would love to see a Vita version. Am i the only one ? And how likely would it be ?

ReaperXL7

So apprently psn will be down for three days this week? I read it will be from the 14th through the 16th , makes me wonder what's happening when you take into consideration that Qgames said that PJMD will be playable on vita by the 15th. Probably nothing major but three days seems strange.

slider

So apprently psn will be down for three days this week? I read it will be from the 14th through the 16th , makes me wonder what's happening when you take into consideration that Qgames said that PJMD will be playable on vita by the 15th. Probably nothing major but three days seems strange.

I had a quick look on the blogs (Europe and US) but didn't find anything. Where did you read about the downtime dude?

I don't really see that happening. From what I understand, it is mostly a licensing matter when it comes to why those games weren't on psn to begin with. I can't see a publisher renegotiating those agreements to put old PSP games up at the point. There simply wouldn't be enough sales to make it worth the time/effort/money.

anyone get an email for a Vita survey?

I got one several days ago that offered me entry into a contest for a $50 PSN card, so I just took it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Second this - Origins is fantastic, one of my favourite games in years and one of the best platformers I've ever played. Just platinum'd it two nights ago - the speed trophies really show how good the level design is.

On another note, Sony really need to polish up the store experience - particularly getting minis to run/download. The vita still seems really disconnected from the rest of the PlayStation "family" - I want to play Velocity dammit! Hopefully some announcements along those lines at E3.

urge26

Amazon MK deal reeled me in..... didn't want to invest in another gaming system, but hey what the hell (had some Amazon credit to burn).

Got Unit 13 and Valkyria Chronicles II off PSN, Unit 13 is perfect for this system, having a blast with it so far. Very impressed with Mortal Kombat too, graphic haters be damned.

Kurdel

Banned
Persona 3 portable is great. I only played through halfway of 3 and 4 on the PS2, and the Tartarus dungeon is perfect for a portable. Also, the adventure game style cursor saves so much getting around time.

I never owned a PSP, and this digital backwards compatibility is really something else. Nintendo should really do this with the Virtual Console...

KillGore

So guys, I've never been able to get remote play to work when connecting on a network outside my home, it only works inside my own private network. I set my PS3 to be "on" at all times, but it seems worthless when I can't even log in outside my network. I've tried it in a couple of network and no luck yet. Am I alone in this? what am I doing wrong?

jbug617

Banned
PSN had a couple of great fighting games. I bought Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear and I will probably buy Alpha 3 Max and Powerstone.

I mostly use my Vita to play those and MLB.

Ran rp

So guys, I've never been able to get remote play to work when connecting on a network outside my home, it only works inside my own private network. I set my PS3 to be "on" at all times, but it seems worthless when I can't even log in outside my network. I've tried it in a couple of network and no luck yet. Am I alone in this? what am I doing wrong?

My Vita won't even connect unless I turn on my PS3 first. I can then remote turn off/on the PS3 from the Vita for a little while but by the next day my PS3 won't respond to my Vita again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom