• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your plan expires when either you use all your data OR you hit the 30 day limit, whichever comes first. I've found that even trying to use up 250MB is damn near impossible.

Yeah, I LOVE 3G on the Vita, i really do, but I just can't afford it on another device I own.

Anyway... as you said 250mb 3G for Vita is all you really need right now...

Not until we can watch youtube videos at least...

U2NUMB

Your plan expires when either you use all your data OR you hit the 30 day limit, whichever comes first. I've found that even trying to use up 250MB is damn near impossible.

So they send you a message saying you are down to 1% of data left right before it renews?

So scratching my head here a bit. Anyone else with a 3G version have this happen?

I have hardly used my 3G at all .. just to sync trophies from time to time and check out friends. No downloads at all.. only done via WIFI.

Today I get a message on my phone saying I have 1% (or 30min of talk time) of my data plan left.

No way have I used 250mb this month.. is there any app or game that stays connected or is there a way to see a history of where my data went? I can not seem to find this on the supplied link to the website or on my vita.

Any input would be welcomed.

To see the usage (the only way i know of how) is go to
Settings > System > Usage

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Has Sony said they'll patch this out? If so, that's a great thing. :)
They haven't mentioned it at all and I have my doubts.
I hope so though! I want the option!

Nope, I already have a cell phone. My main problem is that it pretty much always goes like this:

Great Sony idea! There's a catch.

So they advertise a screenshot functionality. The catch? Devs can just disable it for absolutely no reason that would make sense.

They advertise a cross-game-chat feature. The catch? It can be disabled to supposedly save battery. Then why not give me an option?

Our handheld will have a webbrowser. The catch? It's absolutely horrible.

Our handheld will feature Trophies. The catch? Your PS3 doesn't know about Vita.

Just to mention a few things.

Edit: I'm comparing Sony to Microsoft, Apple and Nintendo. These are the major players (outside of PC gaming) and they're the companies Sony is competing with.
Totally agree, and I love my Vita.
I hate these 'restrictions'.

Was in Party Chat and my friend couldn't play Uncharted else he'd get booted, and I couldn't start up the Gravity Rush demo else I'd get booted.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Does Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection work on Vita?

amrod

Square Enix announced two of its PS Vita launch titles Army Corps of Hell and Lord of Apocapypse will have a special promotion price drop in Japan between May 1 - 7, the price will be reduced by 2000 yen to 1990 yen and 2980 yen respectively. The promotion is only available in Japan.

Why not North America :(

I would have totally bought Army Corps if it was on sale

kuroshiki

Square Enix announced two of its PS Vita launch titles Army Corps of Hell and Lord of Apocapypse will have a special promotion price drop in Japan between May 1 - 7, the price will be reduced by 2000 yen to 1990 yen and 2980 yen respectively. The promotion is only available in Japan.

Why not North America :(

I would have totally bought Army Corps if it was on sale

I would gladly buy army corp of hell for $19.

any games coming out today on PSN? would love a GOW price cut...

Would love those PSP price drops UK got last week.

Doctor Who: Eternity Clock was supposed to come out today but I don't think that's happening and the developer has gone quiet on a new release date.

spats

Pure Chess on the Vita is really, really nice. Looks tack sharp and spinning the camera around the pieces using the gyro is novel but cool as hell.

theBishop

Banned
Nope, I already have a cell phone. My main problem is that it pretty much always goes like this:

Great Sony idea! There's a catch.

So they advertise a screenshot functionality. The catch? Devs can just disable it for absolutely no reason that would make sense.

They advertise a cross-game-chat feature. The catch? It can be disabled to supposedly save battery. Then why not give me an option?

Our handheld will have a webbrowser. The catch? It's absolutely horrible.

Our handheld will feature Trophies. The catch? Your PS3 doesn't know about Vita.

Just to mention a few things.

Edit: I'm comparing Sony to Microsoft, Apple and Nintendo. These are the major players (outside of PC gaming) and they're the companies Sony is competing with.

I agree with each of your points, but not the degree of outrage.

Motorstorm RC decided to erase all my medals today, thereby locking all the levels I had unlocked. Looking at the Playstation forum this is happening to a lot of people and apparently the developers have a 'deal with it' attitude. Totally unacceptable.

I won't be buying any more DLC for this until they fix this nonsense. Apparently the ghost replays are still there, so they could easily fix this by letting your ghost replays re-win your medals.

After WipEout spontaneously erasing your online progress you have to wonder how well they test these games.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Motorstorm RC decided to erase all my medals today, thereby locking all the levels I had unlocked. Looking at the Playstation forum this is happening to a lot of people and apparently the developers have a 'deal with it' attitude. Totally unacceptable.

I won't be buying any more DLC for this until they fix this nonsense. Apparently the ghost replays are still there, so they could easily fix this by letting your ghost replays re-win your medals.

After WipEout spontaneously erasing your online progress you have to wonder how well they test these games.
Uh, that's scary as hell.
have a link to the forums?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I got a bit of money and I'm considering a Vita and have a few questions.

Is it a good time to buy, I don't want to worry about a sudden price drop or anything, but TheHut has them for £175 standalone for the WiFi model, or are there any better deals?

The Vita is BC with PSP games, do we know if Crisis Core is ever going to hit the Playstation Store, and have Sony mentioned supporting PS1 titles at all at some point? I never had a PSP but would love to play FF7-9 on the move.
And where is the best place to get Uncharted: GA, doesn't matter if it is pre-owned or not, cheaper the better.

What is the ideal memory card size to get, a lot of deals have a 4GB come with a Vita at the moment, and I'm not planning on downloading much currently, so would this be fine for now?
And do we know if there are plans for 3rd party cards in the work considering the price of the standard ones?

All I can think of for the moment, I have the Vita and a 4GB stick in my basket on TheHut for £184.95 good to go, is that a reasonable price?

Is it a good time to buy, I don't want to worry about a sudden price drop or anything, but TheHut has them for £175 standalone for the WiFi model, or are there any better deals?

The Vita is BC with PSP games, do we know if Crisis Core is ever going to hit the Playstation Store, and have Sony mentioned supporting PS1 titles at all at some point? I never had a PSP but would love to play FF7-9 on the move.

What is the ideal memory card size to get, a lot of deals have a 4GB come with a Vita at the moment, and I'm not planning on downloading much currently, so would this be fine for now?
And do we know if there are plans for 3rd party cards in the work considering the price of the standard ones?

All I can think of for the moment, I have the Vita and a 4GB stick in my basket on TheHut for £184.95 good to go, is that a reasonable price?

wait a bit for sales.
at least until after E3 which is in 2 months. or until DJ Technika is released.

Number45

We don't really know this. There are a lot of people calling for a cut, but Sony are historically very stubborn on cutting - more than likely we'll see some official bundles at some point instead.

Crisis Core... who knows? The demand is there (and has been from the start), yet still no sign. I wouldn't hold your breath (and can't understand why it's not there either). They have promised PS1 support, and I'm sure it's been confirmed as compatible by the homebrew scene in the PSP emulator - but they're obviously still testing (Yoshida reiterated recently that the engineers are working on it). Maybe they'll drop a firmware for it at E3? Would be nice to have it before then, but it would be a nice thing for them to do.

It's difficult to say, it's not only the number but the type of games. Disgaea for example is 2GB, so that's half of your card gone in one fell swoop. For reference I have an 8GB and I currently have Wipeout, Motorstorm, EG, PvZ and Mutant Blobs installed along with a few minis and apps - I have 4GB left.

This popped up recently, not sure if it works out better (or if it's still active).
Some answers in bold. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are there known issues with remote play via the internet?

I'm trying to get the feature to work, but on the Vita it just tells me that I need to turn it on... but of course, I already have it on and it is working fine via private network.

IMACOMPUTA

Anyone had this problem?
I registered for my 3g a little after getting the vita (pre-launch/ambassador/whatever) and applied the SSD promo..

But never received a code.
I contacted AT&T and they were absolutely terrible and had no idea what i was talking about.

What should i do?

punkypine

whats the consensus on best cases? I dont generally like to play with a case stuck to it so something that I can easily pull it out of and just use the case to keep it in my bag. The travel pouch seems kind of big. I also dont really plan on buying to many non digital games, although that may change if there are good deals out there.

so whats everyone else using?

Epcott

I think I was more excited to find Lupin III - "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" episodes 1 - 3 subtitled in the US PSN store on my Vita today, than realizing Skype was released.

Question: Has anyone tried transferring their MGS HD Collection Peace Walker saves to their Vita to resume play on the go? Are there any hangups?

Bukana

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with dual analog and online play has renewed my love for Vita. The game actually has playable controls now :)

How does the co-op works !? Never played the series before, but do we share the loot or experience !?

matmanx1

I was off from work today and ended up playing my Vita off and on all day between chores and whatnot. My time was spent mostly on Disgaea 3 (awesome port!) although I did attempt one of the HVT's (the 2nd one, Wizard) on Unit 13 and gave up after about 45 minutes of retries.

I've finished all of the 36 main missions in Unit 13 but I can tell that the rest of the HVT's are going to be nasty. I admit to not being the best at shooters but I do enjoy playing them sometimes and Unit 13 has been a fun ride up until now. Good thing I have Disgaea 3 that I can switch over to and calm my rage or I might have popped a vein in my forehead today.

I'm still debating on Mortal Kombat for Vita. On one hand I've already played the console version for bunches of hours. On the other hand it was alot of multiplayer and I never finished the story mode or the Tower or Krypt. There's still bunches of content that I haven't seen yet and the Vita version looks like it's going to be very good. On the other hand May is pretty stacked for games that I am interested in with Diablo III, Dragon's Dogma and Max Payne 3 all hitting really close together. Something is going to have to give.

Gamespawn

To see the usage (the only way i know of how) is go to
Settings > System > Usage
That works but the more accurate way is to go into the "Network Operator" app and log in. Click your device, scroll down until you see "Current Plan" and it should show how much data you actually have remaining.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone had this problem?
I registered for my 3g a little after getting the vita (pre-launch/ambassador/whatever) and applied the SSD promo..

But never received a code.
I contacted AT&T and they were absolutely terrible and had no idea what i was talking about.

What should i do?

Definitely time to call Sony.
Everyone should have it by now.

Massa

I was off from work today and ended up playing my Vita off and on all day between chores and whatnot. My time was spent mostly on Disgaea 3 (awesome port!) although I did attempt one of the HVT's (the 2nd one, Wizard) on Unit 13 and gave up after about 45 minutes of retries.

I've finished all of the 36 main missions in Unit 13 but I can tell that the rest of the HVT's are going to be nasty. I admit to not being the best at shooters but I do enjoy playing them sometimes and Unit 13 has been a fun ride up until now. Good thing I have Disgaea 3 that I can switch over to and calm my rage or I might have popped a vein in my forehead today.

From what I've read the second HVT mission is the hardest one.

So I got my hori screen thingy today. Getting really good at applying these recently.

The feel is weird though. But luckily there really aren't many things that require touchscreen (yet).
iJbVu4eqKVqXh.jpg

ibbhQzj60G75Ct.jpg

So I got my hori screen thingy today. Getting really good at applying these recently.

The feel is weird though. But luckily there really aren't many things that require touchscreen (yet).

It will start to break in after a little bit and eventually it will be like nothing is even there.

I really like it, reduces the fingerprints and actually gives some grip.

It gets better and you really forget its there.

It will start to break in after a little bit and eventually it will be like nothing is even there.

I really like it, reduces the fingerprints and actually gives some grip.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom