• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bukana

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with dual analog and online play has renewed my love for Vita. The game actually has playable controls now :)

How does the co-op works !? Never played the series before, but do we share the loot or experience !?

spats

I picked up Pure Chess last week and it's pretty cool. It has everything I want out of a chess game and the price is very affordable.

Yup. Presentation is top notch and comes with a very extensive set of tutorials for anyone who's unfamiliar with the rules.

Is it out in Europe but not North America?

Yes. PS3 version has been out for 2 weeks and the Vita version came out last week (except that everyone was so cheesed off with the Disgaea 3 omission that no-one cared :p).

There's no cross-play between the PS3/Vita versions. Oh, and there's no online as such as the game uses play-by-mail against friends (you play a move, send to your friend, he plays etc.)

Official site

Koroviev

Finally have everything together here. What's everyone playing? I picked up Wipeout 2048 for free and preordered Gravity Rush, but I'm not sure what my next move should be. Wouldn't mind having Lumines or Disgaea, but the prices are a little steep. Thinking about checking out some of the Falcom titles I passed up on the PSP. Has PSN had any sales yet?

GorillaJu

I would buy so many god damn Vita games if they weren't do expensive. I can't believe Persona 4, a game which is more than 3 years old, is going to retail at over $60 in Japan. Unbelievable.

Koroviev

I would buy so many god damn Vita games if they weren't do expensive. I can't believe Persona 4, a game which is more than 3 years old, is going to retail at over $60 in Japan. Unbelievable.

I don't mind $40 for technically proficient original titles, but Disgaea 3 is a port of an underpowered PS3 game and Lumines is a puzzle game, albeit a very pretty one.

Edit: And PSP games could stand to be a bit cheaper. I think $10-15 sounds more reasonable than the current standard of $20. PS2 games are a measly $10 on the PS3.

Definitely not normal. Look at the youtube video posted a lil back. I used that and it worked out.

It is normal. First one or two days it will feel sticky after that you won't notice it's there.

I don't mind $40 for technically proficient original titles, but Disgaea 3 is a port of an underpowered PS3 game and Lumines is a puzzle game, albeit a very pretty one.

Edit: And PSP games could stand to be a bit cheaper. I think $10-15 sounds more reasonable than the current standard of $20. PS2 games are a measly $10 on the PS3.

40$ is fine price at 2/3 of new PS3 game price. But why the hell those same games cost 30-35 pounds in UK making them as expensive as PS3 titles ?

spats

Beatshapers just tweeted that the level skipper DLC for Stardrone Extreme has been made permanently free on the PS store. Wise move.

whats the consensus on best cases? I dont generally like to play with a case stuck to it so something that I can easily pull it out of and just use the case to keep it in my bag. The travel pouch seems kind of big. I also dont really plan on buying to many non digital games, although that may change if there are good deals out there.

so whats everyone else using?

I got this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-4Gamers-Travel-Case/dp/B006DU194C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335341014&sr=8-3 Really liking it, good protection, holds 5 games and fits the Vita snugly and not too pricey.

Koroviev

Tried out a few demos. Have played through the Hot Shots Golf and Lumines demos several times. Rayman looks really nice, but I don't like how small the player character is. Wipeout looks phenomenal, but I find it kind of overwhelming on a handheld.

spats

Tried out a few demos. Have played through the Hot Shots Golf and Lumines demos several times. Rayman looks really nice, but I don't like how small the player character is. Wipeout looks phenomenal, but I find it kind of overwhelming on a handheld.

Now I haven't actually played the game on Vita, but I'm pretty sure you can pinch zoom in the game to get in closer to the character.

There is indeed a pinch feature, but I almost never used it. The camera is adjusted automatically depending on the situation. Leaving it on the default zoom level is generally fine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are there known issues with remote play via the internet?

I'm trying to get the feature to work, but on the Vita it just tells me that I need to turn it on... but of course, I already have it on and it is working fine via private network.
Ah, you have to port-forward 9293.

How the hell are you supposed to know that?! Great one, Sony.

see5harp

Man I cannot wait until the Near functionality is actually useful. I'm tired of downloading Super Stardust soundtrack game goods when I'm fairly sure that I unlocked everything in the first week. Are people actively sharing those songs or is it automatic?

Koroviev

Presently considering some PSP games. Thinking I might like to have an S/RPG on the system, but not sure which one. I realize that Disgaea 3 was recently released, but I'm looking for something a little more serious and a bit less expensive. Current candidates include Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and Trails in the Sky. I'm holding off on Persona 3 until I've finished FES on PS3.

Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone foresee a sale in the near future?

Edit: All right, think I've narrowed it down to Trails in the Sky and Tactics Ogre. Can't decide, help! :(

test_account

XP-39C²
Man I cannot wait until the Near functionality is actually useful. I'm tired of downloading Super Stardust soundtrack game goods when I'm fairly sure that I unlocked everything in the first week. Are people actively sharing those songs or is it automatic?
It's automatic.

Ugh, I hate the fact that Sony still haven't fixed the store with regards to the file size of demo's and other content.

There's a 8gb card in the vita I'm borrowing (with a plan to buy, wanted to check it out first) and I'm awfully tempted to drop the money for both Uncharted and Hot Shots, but I've no idea if the mem card is big enough for both of them. I'll be damned if I'm paying first.

Idiots, such a simple addition and they can't even be bothered.

Anyway, can anyone tell if the 6gb left on the card is enough to download both?

Mondriaan

Edit: All right, think I've narrowed it down to Trails in the Sky and Tactics Ogre. Can't decide, help! :(
You need to say what you're looking for unless you're fine with people flipping a coin for you.

Trails is easier than Tactics Ogre and has a menu based fishing minigame, so I think you should go with that.

Koroviev

You need to say what you're looking for unless you're fine with people flipping a coin for you.

Trails is easier than Tactics Ogre and has a menu based fishing minigame, so I think you should go with that.

Seeking something with depth and longevity. Don't care too much about story, but appreciate good characters and require challenging gameplay. I know that Tactics Ogre is probably the obvious choice given my love of SRPGs and branching plot lines, but Trails in the Sky has a cult following on this site. Not sure if I should go for the clear winner or see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: Think I'll go with Tactics Ogre. Trails in the Sky fans, please don't hurt me :(

see5harp

It's automatic.

Thank god I was starting to think people were actually doing sending them to me. Near notifications are starting to feel like Wolf Tickets though. Every time I pick up my Vita it's "sweet new game goods!" The only reason I go in there now is to accept/delete them.

Ponn

Banned
Seeking something with depth and longevity. Don't care too much about story, but appreciate good characters and require challenging gameplay. I know that Tactics Ogre is probably the obvious choice given my love of SRPGs and branching plot lines, but Trails in the Sky has a cult following on this site. Not sure if I should go for the clear winner or see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: Think I'll go with Tactics Ogre. Trails in the Sky fans, please don't hurt me :(

You can always get TiTS later.

Thank god I was starting to think people were actually doing sending them to me. Near notifications are starting to feel like Wolf Tickets though. Every time I pick up my Vita it's "sweet new game goods!" The only reason I go in there now is to accept/delete them.

HOW DO YOU DELETE THEM?! I KEEP GETTING THE SAME ONES I ALREADY DOWNLOADED. UGHHHHHHH

RpgN

Ugh, I hate the fact that Sony still haven't fixed the store with regards to the file size of demo's and other content.

There's a 8gb card in the vita I'm borrowing (with a plan to buy, wanted to check it out first) and I'm awfully tempted to drop the money for both Uncharted and Hot Shots, but I've no idea if the mem card is big enough for both of them. I'll be damned if I'm paying first.

Idiots, such a simple addition and they can't even be bothered.

Anyway, can anyone tell if the 6gb left on the card is enough to download both?

Uncharted is around 3,4 gb. Hot Shots is around 1,3 gb. You should be fine with a 6gb :)

Koroviev

You'll be happy with Tactics Ogre for serious though. I've been playing my game from PSP a year ago to Vita now and still haven't beaten it. Theres lots of depth there if you like that.

Certainly do! Have nearly 70 hours in Devil Survivor 2 and still have at least 2 more playthroughs to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom