• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeededSleep

Ended up getting God Eater Burst. What a pretty psp game! Its too bad it suffers from the same shitty control scheme as monster hunter.

:( i kept wanting to control the camera with the right analog stick. it keeps taunting me.

Yes... im sure ill get flamed, but i feel you are fighting the controls more than actual battles.

Ended up getting God Eater Burst. What a pretty psp game! Its too bad it suffers from the same shitty control scheme as monster hunter.

:( i kept wanting to control the camera with the right analog stick. it keeps taunting me.

Yes... im sure ill get flamed, but i feel you are fighting the controls more than actual battles.

Im pretty sure you can? Start the game, Push and Hold the Vita Screen, Menu pops up, set whatever the buttons are for camera on God Eater to the right stick. Simple.

Psi

Most likely a E3 "Surprise"

Your PSVita can now play PSOne games, Rejoice Everyone!

This is what I'm expecting. I get the feeling that they're trying to spread everything out as much as they can because they don't have a lot on the horizon.

Probably why Gravity Rush was delayed as well.

Koroviev

This is what I'm expecting. I get the feeling that they're trying to spread everything out as much as they can because they don't have a lot on the horizon.

Probably why Gravity Rush was delayed as well.

Maybe we'll get a P4: The Golden announcement soon? The Vita released with quite a bit of software, including several quality titles, but the trouble is that the rest was very mediocre.

thepotatoman said:
Hopefully the store page is a little more evidence that PSOne games purchased for the PSP or PS3 will still work with Vita and it wont be a separate purchase/download.

If this is true, I will fuckin rage and abandon Sony if this happens. I already bought a PSone game and tied it to my account and I need to buy it again?!

I think that you bolded the wrong part. You have to bold "wont". That is the negative of will. So you misunderstood all. The bug show that you wont (will not) need to pay again for the ps1 game.

BHK3

Banned
How are the metal slugs for the psp?

I'm really confused as to what to buy, since there's the anthology but there's also metal slug 1 and 2 that also come with online but I think they might be better ports since they're the neo geo station games.

How does ad-hoc work on vita? The neo geo station metal slugs use that for online, don't think anthology or XX have online.

Psi

Maybe we'll get a P4: The Golden announcement soon? The Vita released with quite a bit of software, including several quality titles, but the trouble is that the rest was very mediocre.

That would be nice. If Atlus is consistent in its localization schedule though I wouldn't expect it to be released until Fall.

brentech

surprised how many people will be sold on vita due to ps1 support.

Why did y'all skip out on psp when that got ps1 support?
Single stick. Wasn't terribly interested in handhelds at the time either. What vita offers is compelling to me, but to ensure I have enough to do I'd like ps1 games to work. And most of the PSP games I wanted but obviously didn't get to play.

What kind of battery life can I get out of my Vita if I'm playing a PSP game, I played an hour of Patapon 3 and my batter was still showing as full so obviously it's more than the usual 3-5 hours

kuroshiki

What kind of battery life can I get out of my Vita if I'm playing a PSP game, I played an hour of Patapon 3 and my batter was still showing as full so obviously it's more than the usual 3-5 hours

Battery life playing PSP game, for me, with default setting, was about 9 hrs on vita. I was pleasantly surprised.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
This makes the 7 and a half hour flight I have on Saturday seem much more bearable, thanks

i've got a 27 hour journey coming up very soon - each Vita has a spare battery so will be interesting to see how much of the journey i can eat away.

i've got a 27 hour journey coming up very soon - each Vita has a spare battery so will be interesting to see how much of the journey i can eat away.

dual wielding vitas? hardcore

I got a vita, 3ds with power grip, and a kindle for my upcoming 10 hour trip to china.

I doubt I'll play a bunch. Planes are best for naps anyhow ;P

I've gotten 8-11 hours playing Valkyria Chronicles bluetooth/wifi-off at about 25% brightness . If you are in a dark area, you could probably turn it down to 0% and squeeze it for another hour. I was surprised considering this wasn't mentioned in any of the Vita reviews I read around launch.

Is there any reason why you can't charge through USB while playing or using the console (you have to put it in sleep mode)?

I dont think those output enough power. Its the same case with modern day tablets (that i've tried) too?

Koroviev

I've gotten 8-11 hours playing Valkyria Chronicles bluetooth/wifi-off at about 25% brightness . If you are in a dark area, you could probably turn it down to 0% and squeeze it for another hour. I was surprised considering this wasn't mentioned in any of the Vita reviews I read around launch.

This is really great to hear. Gives me an excuse to balance playtime between Vita games and PSP games. I think Wipeout is a bit hard on the battery...

If those are physical games, are you willing to sell one of them? :p

Naws, sorriez.

Motorstorm RC is good (especially for a free game)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus if you havent played the original
UMVC3. Maybe this is just me but I have never got into fighters unless it was a handheld.
Tekken: Dark Ressurection on PSP <3
Since there's no Tekken on Vita yet UMVC3 is my fix.

double edit:
Decided to look up Tekken 6 from PSP... still 40 dollars on PSN. Fuck you Namco Bandai. Fuck you right in the pooper.
Shit it's not just Tekken they still have Ace Combat Joint Assualt at 40 too. Holy shit Namco Bandai needs to drop these damn prices.

Completely forgot about Motorstorm being free in the US store. I will grab it now.

I think I will look up the price of Ninja Gaiden, I really liked 2 on the X360.

Is there any reason why you can't charge through USB while playing or using the console (you have to put it in sleep mode)?

You can charge it through USB while playing but it charges really slowly, at least that's what I've seen, it doesn't tell you that it's charging though

I doubt I'll play a bunch. Planes are best for naps anyhow ;P

I'll never be able to understand how people can sleep on planes, any moving vechicle for that matter, I just can't do it

Koroviev

The Wipeout addiction had returned. And I was just looking at the 2048 OT and noticed this: "If you like seizures, cockpit view is available." What? Cockpit view is best view. Any other view is not living.

Ravenn17

I'm really confused as to what to buy, since there's the anthology but there's also metal slug 1 and 2 that also come with online but I think they might be better ports since they're the neo geo station games.

How does ad-hoc work on vita? The neo geo station metal slugs use that for online, don't think anthology or XX have online.

I'm interested in this as well.

Are we the same person?

well... I'm off to shanghai (first time back in 4 years!) on May 19.

We better not be the same person ;P

And I sleep easily on moving vehicles. Just pop some sleeping pills for planes, and 'poof' ya there.

But I'm a sucker for plane food. Only thing to look forward to ;/

Apath

So how do I turn off Near? I couldn't care less about the "GOOD GAMES" I find or whatever else it tells me. It just annoys me.

X5nLd.jpg

Pk2sD.jpg

That is really exciting, though I really hope those live areas eventually get updated with at least the damn title for PSP/PSX games. The bubbles don't even show the full titles for many games, it is a little janky.

surprised how many people will be sold on vita due to ps1 support.

Why did y'all skip out on psp when that got ps1 support?

Who did? Anyone excited by PSX games on Vita was probably excited with the PSP feature as well.

Basically, if you want top-notch emulation by M2 and a huge amount of options for setting your game up how you want it, go for the Neo Geo Station versions. You can display the games in Dot-By-Dot mode which looks beautiful on the OLED screen. You can change the region to enable blood effects. You are limited to 4 credits. However, you can enable memory card save in options so you can pick up at the stage you died in. No loading once the game starts.

The anthology version is cool if you don't care about the emulation being perfect. There is even an art gallery included. But be warned, there is loading time in these versions of the games.

Basically, if you want top-notch emulation by M2 and a huge amount of options for setting your game up how you want it, go for the Neo Geo Station versions. You can display the games in Dot-By-Dot mode which looks beautiful on the OLED screen. You can change the region to enable blood effects. You are limited to 4 credits. However, you can enable memory card save in options so you can pick up at the stage you died in. No loading once the game starts.

The anthology version is cool if you don't care about the emulation being perfect. There is even an art gallery included. But be warned, there is loading time in these versions of the games.

This. The NGS releases are about as pure as it gets, but the release schedule seems to have dried up, so if you want the entire series you might want to go with the big collection.

hitmon

Anybody else have trouble getting the Vita to connect to a PC? I'm trying to use the content manager, but after installation it still doesn't pick up the Vita. I must admit this experience has really soured me on the Vita. Advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Anybody else have trouble getting the Vita to connect to a PC? I'm trying to use the content manager, but after installation it still doesn't pick up the Vita. I must admit this experience has really soured me on the Vita. Advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Do you have the content manager up on the Vita? I had the same issue then it installed drivers for it not sure if that's whats going on with you though. (I have Win 7)

hitmon

Do you have the content manager up on the Vita? I had the same issue then it installed drivers for it not sure if that's whats going on with you though. (I have Win 7)

Yes, I have content manager running on the vita and pc. Vita keeps telling me to install the content manager.

wait... OH...

humor me... which good ps1 games had dual analog controls?
Ape-escape and Resident Evil2.

Before dualanalog everything was unplayable. We gamers NEED dual analog, or else we won't survive. Everything in life is about dual analog.

Dual analog is overated..... big time. As if games pre dual-analog are unplayable. Really?

Dual analog support isn't just about the second stick. The PSP didn't even utilize the first stick for PSX, it was just the nub emulating 8-way digital. True analog control on the left stick makes a pretty big difference with how a game feels, especially for racing games.

Apath

I can't believe there still hasn't been a multiplayer FPS game released for the Vita yet -_- If Sony's strategy was to push Resistance far back enough to where I'll buy anything as long as it has online multiplayer, it worked. May 29th can't come soon enough..

I figured when the Vita was announced, publishers would be tripping over themselves in their hurry to push out a COD-like ripoff FPS game for launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom