• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 (slim) coming to NA this Spring bundled w/ Borderlands 2 - $199

Takao

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...rmed-for-us-included-in-borderlands-2-bundle/
12441789915_a369748f25_o.jpg

Hey Vita fans, we’ve got some great news to share with you today. Since its reveal at the Tokyo Game Show, many of you have asked when the new PlayStation Vita model will be coming to North America. Today, we’re excited to announce the new PS Vita Wi-Fi model (PCH-2000 series) will be available via the Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Bundle this Spring. The bundle will include the new slim PS Vita system in black, the first-person role-playing shooter hit Borderlands 2 with six DLC packs, and an 8GB PS Vita memory card – all for $199.99 (MSRP).

Many of you have waited patiently for Borderlands 2 to come to the PS Vita system, and we’re pleased to bring it to you bundled with the new PS Vita model. The game utilizes the PS Vita system’s unique front touchscreen and rear touchpad feature so you can easily zoom and pan on maps, manage inventory, inspect items, and more. You can shoot and loot through Pandora with up to three of your PS Vita-toting friends via Infrastructure online play, and you can also cross save your progress with your PS3. As an added bonus, Borderlands 2 for PS Vita includes six downloadable content (DLC) packs: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 and the Collector’s Edition Pack.

That's sort of like saying "the sky is blue" without any sort of useful details like price or even some kind of idea of when this thing is coming out. We weren't -not- getting this revision at some point.

Prezhulio

really hope i can take advantage of a clearance vita for the oled model with some of my tax return. i've been holding out way too long.

*Wait for Sony to completely blow it on the price, just like the EU

EDIT: well at least it's not MORE expensive, but price parity for a screen downgrade still doesn't seem super reasonable, given the OLED bundle goes for 200 with a pack in as well. (Granted the Walking Dead and borderlands are different tiers, but still...)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yay, so they had plans all along. Hopefully a 64gb and vita tv are right around the corner.

Steel

Banned
If they do what they did in europe and have it more expensive than OG vita, it's DOA. Well, DOA relative to the vita.

nakedeyes

Banned
Great news! I imported one like 2 or 3 weeks ago and could not be happier with it! ( I sold my 1000.. the OLED -> LCD difference noticeable but hardly a big deal to me ).

Good news for US! I predict 179.99$.. really hope Sony can at least do this price point to generate a bit of interest and get some more games on the docket!

Frolow

Banned
This is the model without the OLED, right? If so then I'm tempted to sang a Model 1 before they get discontinued.

SlickVic

Better be $150.

I own one so don't get snarky with me :D

Yeah, considering over the holidays the original Vita was bundled with 4 games and a memory card for $175-$180, charging anything more than $150 for just the base unit really seems to be pushing it. Getting rid of the OLED isn't necessarily a bad move, but it only works if Sony actually uses that as a way to lower the price of a Vita significantly.

Top Bottom