• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will come out eventually. Sony Canada is just useless, or SCEA doesn't give them the resources to do their job properly.

Sony Canada has been useless for ages.

Video store almost one year later - check.
No Music Unlimited - check.
No PS Vita 3G carriers - check.

Midou

I got $170 put towards first edition pre-order, and another $300 put away for it.

Probably will just go with Hot Shots, Katamari and 32 gig stick. Just need a bit more. Maybe skip on katamari, will get Gravity Rush whenever it comes out.

RiverBed

Banned
What data will be stored in the momory cards? Is it only game saves, or do I have to take into account DLC and d/l PSN/Vita games too? Does the system have any internal storage at all?

Oppo

Sony Canada has been useless for ages.

Video store almost one year later - check.
No Music Unlimited - check.
No PS Vita 3G carriers - check.

It's not just Sony Canada. It's Apple Canada, Microsoft Canada... Netflix Canada...

really it's just Canada. Only 33 Million people, just doesn't rank super high on global corporation priorities. We only get what we do because of our close proximity and mostly-shared languages. They do have to sign separate deals for all this stuff in each country.

It's aggravating I know, but basically you should assume up to a 1 year delay in the Canadian version of any digital service.

(If it makes you feel better we are also more or less the only other country besides USA that doesn't get totally boned on pricing.)

we need a list WITH PHOTOS of the various cases they sell.

the first edition comes with the case that completely zips up and looks kind of bulky. it's in a photo in the post when they announced it. as for the other cases, including the kick ass transforming one, i don't know their specific names/prices.

anyone?

we need a list WITH PHOTOS of the various cases they sell.

the first edition comes with the case that completely zips up and looks kind of bulky. it's in a photo in the post when they announced it. as for the other cases, including the kick ass transforming one, i don't know their specific names/prices.

anyone?

If you're looking for a case/sleeve that's similiar to one included with PSP-1000s, get the Starter Pack. It's a complete sleeve that wraps around the system.

That's all I need as I'll primarily be purchasing games through PSN for the 32gig card. I'll only get a few physical games, like Uncharted & Gravity Crush, and keep one of them in the system at all times. So I have no need for larger cases with slots & panels for extra game and memory cards.

krae_man

It's not just Sony Canada. It's Apple Canada, Microsoft Canada... Netflix Canada...

really it's just Canada. Only 33 Million people, just doesn't rank super high on global corporation priorities. We only get what we do because of our close proximity and mostly-shared languages. They do have to sign separate deals for all this stuff in each country.

It's aggravating I know, but basically you should assume up to a 1 year delay in the Canadian version of any digital service.

(If it makes you feel better we are also more or less the only other country besides USA that doesn't get totally boned on pricing.)

There's no reason why SCEC couldn't secure a Canadian wireless partnet concurrently with SCEA securing one in the US. And I wouldn't put Netflix Canada in the same boat as the other companies. After all they gave us PS3 streaming first, and I think they are doing all they can to get content on the service. The content difference between Canadian Netflix and US Netflix is not a result of Netflix Canada being useless.

If you're looking for a case/sleeve that's similiar to one included with PSP-1000s, get the Starter Pack. It's a complete sleeve that wraps around the system.

That's all I need as I'll primarily be purchasing games through PSN for the 32gig card. I'll only get a few physical games, like Uncharted & Gravity Crush, and keep one of them in the system at all times. So I have no need for larger cases with slots & panels for extra game and memory cards.

no im looking for the case that wraps around the vita like a taco, and actually snaps onto the lower edge of it. it also has a kick stand that flips out when you double fold it over. it's pretty rad.

but mainly i think there just needs to be an official list with photos and prices so people know what's what. right now we have a bunch of vague names and prices, but they don't tell us very much at all.

b3b0p

Is it known if developers will be taking advantage of the GPS unit in the 3G version some how?

It seems like such a waste to get a 3G for $50 more. Monthly fees and the fact that 3G is slow and unreliable/spotty all over the place. Not to mention the limited amount of data that can be downloaded.

The biggest factor though is that 4G is being deployed out just about everywhere now. Hell, I'm in Oklahoma and 4G is available by AT&T and Verizon and Sprint.

I'm just debating the 3G version for any extra benefit, but I can't seem to justify it.

Has anyone who got a JP Vita able to or has commented on the Hori vs Sony cases that are available? Could always import one of those for my Vita if our choices in the states suck.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've taken a few photos of the vita case that has the kickstand, but I'm not at a computer. Can I PM someone the SkyDrive folder address and they could re-upload them to imgur?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I bought the one with the kickstand as it was half the price of the leather one. But I might look again at UK launch. This one attaches to your vita and the case can hang free but still attached, so you can access the rear pad. Not sure if I like it, I prefer to take mine out of the case to play so I might get the leather one anyway

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
http://andriasang.com/comzdv/ps_vita_accessories/

Check some photos of differenct cases and others from link.

Oh, wow, I really (!) like this one:

full.jpg

We know if these are coming to the States? Or shall I import the case?

Amazon

3G/Wifi Vita $300.98
Touch My Katamari $29.99
ModNation Racer $30.98

Best Buy

Uncharted ($27.24) after $15 certificate.

Getting off PSN

Hot Shot Golf $29.99

Waiting For Preorders on Amazon

Lumines
Rayman Origin
32GB Card

wish amazon hurry up with the card. I need to buy it where they don't charge me tax lol.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Amazon

3G/Wifi Vita $300.98
Touch My Katamari $29.99
ModNation Racer $30.98

Best Buy

Uncharted ($27.24) after $15 certificate.

Getting off PSN

Hot Shot Golf $29.99

Waiting For Preorders on Amazon

Lumines
Rayman Origin
32GB Card

wish amazon hurry up with the card. I need to buy it where they don't charge me tax lol.

you should get Hot shots golf from best buy and get uncharted from PSN.

from the 8-4 podcast, HSG PSN didn't have the MP, that was a separate addon. SO eventually it was more expensive then the physical copy.

That would make it day 1.

I would love if its that price.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SSD, no one on my friends list has beaten my score yet for the PS3 version;)

you should get Hot shots golf from best buy and get uncharted from PSN.

from the 8-4 podcast, HSG PSN didn't have the MP, that was a separate addon. SO eventually it was more expensive then the physical copy.

I would love if its that price.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SSD, no one on my friends list has beaten my score yet for the PS3 version;)

LOLWUT on HSG. that has to be a mistake lol. the reason i don't want the cart for HSG because it's my go to game when i'm bored with others. having it as DD would best. but MP addon? lol

EDIT: let me just cancel online and go to the store and see if they got any HSG preorder boxes there. online only has like Uncharted, Modnation Racer and LBP.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What do you mean it was an add on?
The physical copy has some kind of online pass right? The digital one doesn't include it?

LOLWUT on HSG. that has to be a mistake lol. the reason i don't want the cart for HSG because it's my go to game when i'm bored with others. having it as DD would best. but MP addon? lol

EDIT: let me just cancel online and go to the store and see if they got any HSG preorder boxes there. online only has like Uncharted, Modnation Racer and LBP.

In Japan, HSG's DD version does require you to buy an online pass separately; the retail one does not. We don't know if it will be the same here.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
What do you mean it was an add on?
The physical copy has some kind of online pass right? The digital one doesn't include it?

that is what it seemed like from the podcast unless I'm mistaken.

HSG is my goto game too but it MAY be different for the US.

We wont know until release I imagine.

Takao

Banned
The HSG6 online pass stuff can't be right. I've bought other PSP games on PSN that have had online passes and they're just included in the download file.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
The HSG6 online pass stuff can't be right. I've bought other PSP games on PSN that have had online passes and they're just included in the download file.

well we just have to wait and see.

I'm sure other people here who imported can let us know.

Massa

You can opt out of buying the online component of HSG in the Japanese PSN version but it's still cheaper to buy the game and the online component that way. If you just want the single player content it's just much cheaper.

I don't think SCEA/SCEE will give people that same option, but if they do there's no way it will cost more than retail suggested price. They're not that stupid.

HoTHiTTeR

Just looked at my receipt from GameStop when I was flipping games into them for vita stuff. They charged me 44.99 for the 8gb card... Wtf. I hope they match the msrps.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just looked at my receipt from GameStop when I was flipping games into them for vita stuff. They charged me 44.99 for the 8gb card... Wtf. I hope they match the msrps.

they havent changed their prices yet, I paid off the 32gb, they had it at $119.99 and i told them I only want to put $99+tax since they havent updated their shit yet.

e_i

I really want Rayman Origins for the Vita, but I already have it for the PS3. I really wish it had cloud based saving and you could play it on one, save it, and then pick up playing on the other system.

HoTHiTTeR

they havent changed their prices yet, I paid off the 32gb, they had it at $119.99 and i told them I only want to put $99+tax since they havent updated their shit yet.

I just figured it was the typical GameStop tax :p that means I have 30 in gift cards still and I'll get $15 back. Hmm, marvel capcom 3 for vita or pay off most of MLB 12 for ps3.

friz898

Surely I'm not the first one to notice (or care) but I believe they made one or two small changes to the blog game launch list.

I see Ridge Racer moved to Launch Day (Feb 21st actually)

I dont remember Ruin being on "Hardware Launch" (So that means March..maybe April to me) before.

Perhaps some other changes, but those were the only games I've paid attention to.

I fall into the category of suckers who is going to probably pay for this half-baked Ridge Racer.

SkylineRKR

To be fair I think they'll kind of drop the DLC model for the western version of RR. They likely include everything thats available in Japan at late Februari so its at least a bit of a reasonable package.

But I wouldn't count on a 60fps update.

mhayze

I'm still trying to decide whether to get the 3G model or not. If we're talking a $30 / month data plan, i.e. more than the cost of the console itself every year, forget it - it makes no sense. I'll suffer through a tether plan with my phone. The upper end of what I'd be willing to pay is probably $5/month (for let's say 200MB). Better yet would be a pricing plan like they have for Chrombooks - free for $100/month for the first two years, and it goes up from there. I understand that is not enough to download full games on the go, but I know better than to try and do that if I want to get by on the cheap. What is everyone expecting for the 3G model?

I'm still trying to decide whether to get the 3G model or not. If we're talking a $30 / month data plan, i.e. more than the cost of the console itself every year, forget it - it makes no sense. I'll suffer through a tether plan with my phone. The upper end of what I'd be willing to pay is probably $5/month (for let's say 200MB). Better yet would be a pricing plan like they have for Chrombooks - free for $100/month for the first two years, and it goes up from there. I understand that is not enough to download full games on the go, but I know better than to try and do that if I want to get by on the cheap. What is everyone expecting for the 3G model?

time cards like japan based on hours (but i'd probably month cards if they give me good coverage... LOL). it's still weird they are selling the 3G model and haven't even touched on the 3G part of the system. maybe at CES?

but i got the 3G preordered (NOT the first edition)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

I got the 3g for a couple reasons, if it's based on usaged use I"m set since I will have the ability to use either wifi or 3g, which ever I Want instead of being limited to just wifi.
Also, if they unlock it from ATT I would be set.

A data plan is a data plan, I don't expect any price differences than normal data plans.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm oddly more excited to see how original PSP and PSX games control with the right stick mapping, than any of the launch games. Outside of Uucharted and Lumines I don't see much for me personally.

I have the first edition but I think I need to cancel. Should do:

Wifi Vita
16 GB
Uncharted
Wipeout
Shinobido
Army Corps
MINNA NO GOLF authentic nihongo language edition
Lumines (maybe)

Launch Window
Gravity Rush

Where is the first edition for 299?

We share the same tastes. Blond or brunette?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom