• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They mention that pricing for software will range from $9.99 to... $49.99. I'm sorry, Sony, but that is fucking pathetic. $50 for a game cart is absolutely ridiculous. This should've have been a strong stance that Sony took and said that nothing goes above $39.99 because now you are going to see a lot of third party software all charging the $49.99 price instead of the cheaper, more friendly price. It'll put that barrier right back in the face of people looking at buying a Vita... expensive games.

Basically, the pricing for the software should've said $4.99 to $39.99.

Otherwise, that launch line-up is absolutely ridiculously good. I'll probably have 7 or 8 of those game within one month of launch and probably 3 or 4 on the first day... unless they are $49.99 and that includes Uncharted...
Why should Sony say not to a $49.99 pricetag when Resident Evil Relevations is that price on 3DS?
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/resident-evil-revelations/91114

Keep in mind that HD console budgets are still pricey (which some games may get) and some games may need a special ordered larger cart (which also gets pricey).

LOL at Uncharted being 50 bucks, 1st off it's a SP only game, 2nd off 50 dollar games did not work on PSP, so why would they work now? Best of luck with that Sony. On the plus side, Uncharted will probably be on the bomba bin 2 months after release, which is not bad.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
As always, $50 is just the asking price for people who need it right away. Everyone else can get it from Amazon for 29.99 one week later.

Definitely getting on launch day:
Vita Wifi + 3G
32GB Memory card
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer Electronic Arts, Inc.

and later on down the track,
Gravity Rush
Ninja Gaiden
Silent Hill

... thank god its in febuary so I can save up a bit for it lol

turnbuckle

I decided when the memory card info first came out that I would cancel my first edition bundle. I just changed my stance a bit, but will opt for the wifi model instead. I'll use the savings towards a memory card and a couple of games. There's no way I could really turn down having MLB the Show, a new Hot Shots Golf, and a new portable Wipeout. Gonna opt for the 8 GB card to start.

gkryhewy

First edition bundle canceled. Wifi and 16GB for me. Disappointed about the ridge delay, as that's my must-have title (yeah, I know).

I'll hold off on getting the Vita until Gravity Rush comes out since it's the main game I want.

Would have preferred buying it at retail if it's indeed PSN only, but whatever.

Thoraxes

The second Uncharted became $50 I became uninterested in it. I'm really disappointed in $50 for handheld games, regardless of the quality or not.

Disgaea in the launch window seems nice, and I do want Gravity Rush, and the cheaper memory cards seem nice, however i'm now wondering how long it'll take for them to drop in price/cheaper 3rd-party solutions, and how long it'll take for Sony to announce a revision with built-in memory.

Everything else in the games list is kinda meh.

Good thing about buying on US PSN? You are not being ass-raped.

Bad thing about buying on US PSN? You cannot sell your games.

:-(((

Hell yeah, noticed Starter Pack in that EU Blog post:

Starter kit – €24.99/ £21.99/$34.95 AUD/$44.95 NZD

So 275EUR for Vita + all accessories + 4GB card? I will get 125EUR left for games! (my personal budget for launch day is 400EUR)

P.S. Hmm, not liking the fact that Super Stardust and Gravity Rush are both PSN-only. Seems to me Sony is trying to force people to buy bigger cards just to be able to transfer games and play them on PSVita.

Damn it, why can I not preorder the 32gb card at either Amazon or GameStop.com?!

Anyways, my launch plans:

First Edition Bundle
Wipeout 2048
Super Stardust Delta
Hot Shots Golf: World Tour
Lumines Electronic Symphony
32 gb memory card

Mrbob

Seems strange the Playstation Europe Blog is listing Unit 13 at retail pricing. Game is a short burst digital download title.

Of course they also posted the strange news of only offering up to 16gb for memory. My guess is quantities are limited and SCEA won the power struggle over SCEE to get all 32GB cards for launch.

The second Uncharted became $50 I became uninterested in it. I'm really disappointed in $50 for handheld games, regardless of the quality or not.
If a game had high development costs, there's no way they are going to price it low.

Also keep in mind this is SCEA who doesn't drop MSRP on games for a while. I already preordered Uncharted at $40 anyway. Even if $50 I'd still buy it.

I doubt very few games will even be $50. It's still less than the majority of console games costing $60.

test_account

XP-39C²
P.S. Hmm, not liking the fact that Super Stardust and Gravity Rush are both PSN-only. Seems to me Sony is trying to force people to buy bigger cards just to be able to transfer games and play them on PSVita.
I guess that Stardust is relatively small in size. The PS3 version is under 300MB if i'm not mistaken.

I have no idea about the size of Gravity Rush though.

theBishop

Banned
There are 8 games in the launch window that I'm actually hyped for. And probably another 5 more that I'd definitely consider. Great launch.

But the big thing I want to see from Sony is an original franchise with a strong single player. If they do that, it will be a big show of confidence for the platform. Games like Unit 13 and Escape Plan are original and handheld-friendly, but ultimately lower budget games.

Thoraxes

If a game had high development costs, there's no way they are going to price it low.

Also keep in mind this is SCEA who doesn't drop MSRP on games for a while. I already preordered Uncharted at $40 anyway. Even if $50 I'd still buy it.

I doubt very few games will even be $50. It's still less than the majority of console games costing $60.

Oh I understand completely, and that's fine, but personally for me at that price I would rather just get a $50-$60 console game. I guess my issue is when the price starts to overlap into console pricing territory that I get turned off. If it had multiplayer or something, I would consider it maybe a little differently, but it doesn't even have that.

Gamestop stores are now taking preorders for accessories. I just locked my 32gb card, feels good to have that squared away.

I'm starting to flip flop on the First Edition Bundle. I may just wait a week for the Wi-Fi or 3G unit. Hmm...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Gamestop stores are now taking preorders for accessories. I just locked my 32gb card, feels good to have that squared away.

I'm starting to flip flop on the First Edition Bundle. I may just wait a week for the Wi-Fi or 3G unit. Hmm...

me too but if they unlock the JP version based upon the faqs that they are looking into it, they may do the same out in the US.

So I think I may get the first bundle.

matmanx1

There are 8 games in the launch window that I'm actually hyped for. And probably another 5 more that I'd definitely consider. Great launch.

But the big thing I want to see from Sony is an original franchise with a strong single player. If they do that, it will be a big show of confidence for the platform. Games like Unit 13 and Escape Plan are original and handheld-friendly, but ultimately lower budget games.

Well, Gravity Rush could fit that bill but we won't know for sure until it actually comes out.

Day 1 I'll be getting:
First Edition Bundle
16GB Memory Stick
Wipeout 2048 - digital
Super Statdust Delta - digital
Hot Shots Golf - physical
Shinobido - physical

and shortly after that Gravity Rush and perhaps Unit 13 if it continues to look good. Also getting Dragon's Crown, SF x Tekken, LBP and probably Motorstorm depending on when they hit and how they ultimately turn out.

Honestly, one of the best launch lineups I've seen.

Getting Day 1:
Hot Shots Golf
Hustle Kings
Lumines
Super Stardust Delta
Touch My Katamari
Virtua Tennis 4

Getting when released:
Gravity Rush
Ninja Gaiden
Ridge Racer

Getting eventually:
Army Corps of Hell
Rayman Origins
Ultimate MvC3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Huh? I don't understand what you're taking about. Could you elaborate?

in the PS vita thread.

There is a FAQ from Sony stating they are looking into making the 3g unlocked for JP, so I was stating, if they do it for JP it MAY be possible they may do it for US, since JP is locked to docomo right now and US is locked to ATT

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Let's see, my damages will likely be....

PSN
Escape Plan
SSDelta

Retail
Hot Shots
Lumines
Little Deviants

Launch Window
Unit 13
Gravity Rush

Accesories
32GB
Screen protector
carrying case

Midou

I'm glad I saved up for the Vita ahead of time, I might just grab a 32 gig stick, Hot Shots, Katamari and Gravity Rush pretty close to launch.

Nice to finally hear about the details for US Launch

Here's what I plan to do

What I'm getting on Launch Day (17th actually)

First Edition Bundle
Little Deviants (comes with 1st Edition Bundle, will likely sell it if it's not digital)
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only) - my must have
wipEout 2048 (still wondering if I should)
Lumines
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

Launch Window Titles
Gravity Rush (definitely)
Unit 13(still following this)
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS
Ridge Racer( i know, i know)
Dragon's Crown

VanWinkle

At launch, I will probably get a 16gb card, along with Escape Plan and then some retail game. Was going to be Uncharted, but I think I'll probably wait until that goes down in price. Maybe Modnation if there's no framerate/insanely long loading times problems.

Is there going to be dlc or having the ability to download the whole game onto the memory card? I only ask because if this is just for saves why would I need so much memory?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
£17.99 for a 4GB memory card, wtf, that should be more £14.
Pretty ridiculous rrp considering the size and the digital nature of the console, I can only hope that retailers will be selling that for less.

Afrikan

What's wrong with EA Tiburon???

they were able to release a Madden for the 3DS launch....how come they don't for the VITA? I mean can't they do what the FIFA Devs did?

I don't want to wait till August. :/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Gravity Daze not making launch is depressing. It's fulfills the one original IP that is actually a good game (likely) needed at launch.

Still:
Hot Shots
Uncharted
Wipeout
Shinobido 2
Katamari

Is a good launch.

I'm thinking Army Corps could fit the bill as well.
Impressions seem really positive.

You can buy every retail game in PS Store.

but is there going to be dlc? yes that make things easier to carry all your games around, but still don't see the need to have so much memory just for saves.

question if i buy the game from the PS store and lose the memory card will i be able to re-download the game again without paying for it?

patsu

Yes, I read that DLCs can be kept on the memory card. In fact, games that are MMO-based, or use user generated content will probably benefit more from these cards.

Massa

What's wrong with EA Tiburon???

they were able to release a Madden for the 3DS launch....how come they don't for the VITA? I mean can't they do what the FIFA Devs did?

I don't want to wait till August. :/

They're giving you a chance to play the superior football game.

but is there going to be dlc? yes that make things easier to carry all your games around, but still don't see the need to have so much memory just for saves.

question if i buy the game from the PS store and lose the memory card will i be able to re-download the game again without paying for it?

1. DLC - nobody knows, probably.

2. Yes, access your PS Store download history and re-download it.

Cartman86

Banned
I'm gonna end up buying the 32GB card because I want all my games to be digital and available with me at all times. Sure at some point I will have to copy some to my PS3, but the ones i'll actually play will probably fit. After this whole PSP UMD debacle i'm done with physical media for fear of it not being backwards compatible too. Because of all this i'll probably never see any real deals. I'm a sucker.

After this whole PSP UMD debacle i'm done with physical media for fear of it not being backwards compatible too.

Why do you assume backwards compatibility will always be a feature? For all we know PSVita 2 can strip PSP compatibility. If Sony is stupid PSVita as well.

UMD allows you to get cheap deals, PSP costs pennies now. What's not to like?

I'm so excited for this thing to launch. I'll probably pick up an 8 gb stick since the prices weren't as bad as what everyone was predicting. Either that or I'll go with the starter kit (gotta get that pouch).

outsidah

First Edition Bundle reserved
Uncharted (Pre-ordered at Best Buy even though knowing them if the $49.99 sticks, I'm sure they'll raise the price on me)
BlazBlue

I'd love to get UMVC3, but having already bought the original for the 360 as well as the actual UMVC3 for the 360, I find it REALLY hard to spend more on the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom