• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it, no LBP.

So I'm gonna go with:

Wi-fi Vita
8 GB Memory card
$40 Uncharted (preordered early, suckas)
Modnation Racers
Possibly Lumines
Super Stardust, assuming it's a good price

Loudninja

How much are the retail games? 39.99?

I see 3 different prices for Vita software in the US:

$29.99:
wipEout 2048
Hot Shots Golf
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Touch My Katamari
Ridge Racer

$39.99:
LittleBigPlanet
Army Corps Of Hell
Little Deviants
Gravity Rush
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Reality Fighters
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
MLB 12 The Show
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Ben 10 Galactic Racing

$49.99:
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

All from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

weeskwee

Banned
Besides the First Edition 3G bundle and the $99 32Gb memory card, I want all these. but will probably stick with the 7 first party ones first. then over time get those 3rd party ones on sale, etc.

Escape Plan
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048
Gravity Rush

Army Corps of Hell
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Dynasty Warriors Next
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS
Silent Hill Book of Memories

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think people need to realize that with this many games hitting at launch, it's inevitable that many, if not most, go down in flames sales-wise and there will be price bombas all over the place soon after.

What i'll probably be picking up

3G Model Vita $249.99
32GB Card $99.99
Hot Shots Golf $29.99
Modnation Racer $29.99
BlazBlue $39.99
UMvC3 $39.99
Touch my Katamari $29.99

$489.94

Lumines

not bad.

anddo0

Launch for me

Wi-fi Vita
16 GB Memory card

Escape Plan
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Gravity Rush

What kind of pouch is the "Pocket Pouch"? I'm assuming it's a soft pouch similar to the one that came with the original PSP. I'm looking for a hard carrying case myself. The one they released for PSPGO is perfect.

Also, what's up with Amazon's PSVita page? They don't have much available to pre-order.

legbone

damn. really disappointed that motorstorm: rc and sound shapes are not making launch. looks like wipeout and a 16 gig card for me. maybe 32, haven't decided yet.

mauaus

3G Model Vita $249.99
32GB Card $99.99
Hot Shots Golf $29.99
Modnation Racer $29.99
BlazBlue $39.99
UMvC3 $39.99
Touch my Katamari $29.99

$489.94

Lumines

not bad.

Thats a shitload of games, they all look so good!!!

anddo0

I think people need to realize that with this many games hitting at launch, it's inevitable that many, if not most, go down in flames sales-wise and there will be price bombas all over the place soon after.

This is true. I'm trying to keep my list short. I can't believe I'm saying this... I may drop Uncharted because of the price.

°°ToMmY°°;33678802 said:
gravity rush will be a download only title in the EU/US.

Didn't realize that. Hopefully, the price matches.

No one seems to give a shit about Uncharted, why?

The price, which I just noticed, may be the reason why.

legbone

i figure the case is the one they have been showing with the japanese launch. i am wondering what the travel pouch looks like. may have to get one since it would be a lot classier than the crown royal bag i planned to tote it around in.

so variable pricing seems confirmed? for europe at least

well, that makes it easier to pass on Uncharted if it's $50

Shinobido 2 at launch, Gravity Daze soon after (hopefully), and 16 gig card sound good.

thuway

I would so be on this hype train if those price brackets were ten dollars cheaper. $49 Games --> $39, $39 Games -->29, $29 Games -->$19

Who am I kidding though, by the time I buy this sucker during the revision, all those games will be $9.

Wazzim

Banned
I probably said that I would not get Wipeout or whatever but HELL YES I'm getting dat game. Studio Liverpool <3

°°ToMmY°°;33678802 said:

No. NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOo

Xiaoki

Was hoping Ruin would be "launch window".

Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout will have to last a while then.

kodt

Banned
Maybe this is a dumb question, but will all my PSN PSP games work on Vita? I own about 5-6 games (on PSN) but sold my PSP a while back. If I get a Vita and log into my account can I download those games?

Bebpo

Banned
Gravity Daze not making launch is depressing. It's fulfills the one original IP that is actually a good game (likely) needed at launch.

Still:
Hot Shots
Uncharted
Wipeout
Shinobido 2
Katamari

Is a good launch.

3G Model Vita $249.99
32GB Card $99.99
Hot Shots Golf $29.99
Modnation Racer $29.99
BlazBlue $39.99
UMvC3 $39.99
Touch my Katamari $29.99

$489.94

Lumines

not bad.

A good list, and similar to mine, but the 3G vita is $300, so add 50 to that, or did you mean wifi?

Little Deviants is also interesting. I may get that early bundle. Hmmm.

Omikaru

My launch goodness:

Vita WiFi
16gb memory
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Touch My Katamari
Total: £323.46

Good thing I pre-ordered Uncharted when it was £29, and I also managed to snag Katamari for £22.86.

I think in the "Launch window", I'll get Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Lumines.

Takao

Banned
I would so be on this hype train if those price brackets were ten dollars cheaper. $49 Games --> $39, $39 Games -->29, $29 Games -->$19

Who am I kidding though, by the time I buy this sucker during the revision, all those games will be $9.

Games range from $9.99 to $49.99. I doubt you'll see any retail $9.99 - $19.99 titles in year 1 other than bomba-bins.

Japanese purchasers got hosed, the JP Vita packs didn't come with any AR cards.

It would most likely be a quick cash in, rush job.. Great idea! Why taint peoples view of sports titles on the Vita right out the gate.

On the otherhand, it at least says "hey we have sports games". Though, Vita's launch window will have Tennis, Golf, Baseball, and Soccer covered.

Bebpo

Banned
btw, Gravity Rush being download only sucks for people who don't want to buy big memory cards. I really hope there aren't a ton of "PSN only" games in the future. Every non XBLA/PSN $5-15 game should have a full cart physical version.

Key2001

°°ToMmY°°;33678802 said:

Where was this stated at? The way the games are listed on the PS Blog (Super StarDust Delta, Escape Plan and Hustle Kings being listed PSN Only) it appears it will have a retail version.

It also appears to have a retail in the link below where as Hustle Kings and Super Stardust Delta (two games listed as PSN Only) are only a screen capture of the game.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/

Sintoid

btw, Gravity Rush being download only sucks for people who don't want to buy big memory cards. I really hope there aren't a ton of "PSN only" games in the future. Every non XBLA/PSN $5-15 game should have a full cart physical version.

You can transfer your games to a normal personal computer. Biggest launch game is 3BG, the others are approx 1.5-2GB so having a 4GB is enough for playing well.

By the way what's that starter kit with memory card? What does it contain except the 4GB MC?

Tambini

Maybe this is a dumb question, but will all my PSN PSP games work on Vita? I own about 5-6 games (on PSN) but sold my PSP a while back. If I get a Vita and log into my account can I download those games?

I too would like to know this

legbone

edit: nevermind, i was wrong. i just looked it up and vita is 100% backwards compatible with psp. looks like you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom