• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

friz898

Just Lumines for me.

Looking at Ridge Racer, Disgaea, and MLB '12 for March. Maybe SF x Tekken.

Don't forget that Dragon's Crown due in April.

weeskwee

Banned
besides a few download only psp titles, everything i own in on UMD. maybe about 70 games? sucks!
the only series i made sure to buy digitally was Patapon 1-3. bet they look sweet on Vita.

Which is the size of a PSN only release? Is there a max cap? I do not plan to buy download games if they are available at retail, but PSN-only info is determinant to my memory card decision.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Probably wise to push Motorstorm RC back a bit...would likely lose out to Wipeout for a lot of people on day one. Hope it doesn't take TOO long to show up though.

legbone

Probably wise to push Motorstorm RC back a bit...would likely lose out to Wipeout for a lot of people on day one. Hope it doesn't take TOO long to show up though.

yeah, you are probably right. i was going to pick up both of them but i love racing games. most people would pick one over the other. smart of them to not cannibalize first-party title sales.

edit: i wonder it they are holding back sound shapes also for a similar reason. lumines seems to appeal to the same crowd.

second edit: lumines is third party, nevermind.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So it's a 50/50 win lose with this.

The Good:

Memory Cards ARE slightly cheaper than the exchange, and even more than I expected. The exchange rate had them at roughly $30 for the 4 gig and I figured Sony might drop to $25. $20 is $5 less than I expected, and the 8 gig card seems like a good extra cash value especially since I though the 4 gig card would be this.

The Bad:

I'm not a PS3 owner or an Uncharted guy so despite liking the hardware Uncharted isn't the system seller it is to others. That being said Gravity Rush looks extremely promising so I figured that would be my go to game. It not being a day 1 release though sort of kills my hype. I mean I'd play Lumines and/or BlazBlue, but I'm not spending $250 + a memory card to play either of those titles again in their Vita Forms

The Other:

I wish we knew if all of the games would also 110% sure be on PSN, and I wish we knew the pricing for everything both in terms of MSRP retail and PSN. I mean I'd like to get a digital copy of Lumines just to have to play whenever I feel like it, but I'm not spending $40 on it.

I also would like to know download sizes of the games so I could better determine just how much space I'd really end up using,

Takao

Banned
I wish we knew if all of the games would also 110% sure be on PSN

Every Japanese launch title is on PSN, and they've said multiple times that every Vita game will be on PSN, but not every game will be available at retail.

edit: i wonder it they are holding back sound shapes also for a similar reason. lumines seems to appeal to the same crowd.

Sony's the reason why SS won't make launch.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
My guess would be it's the fiscal quarter, or until the end of March.

Perhaps April for a two month window.

I'm not positive though.

Just saw one of the replies on the blog says the launch window means 'about a month' after launch. I figured it could be up to three months, so that's not too bad.

I wish we knew if all of the games would also 110% sure be on PSN

We know they will be. But we don't know price yet unfortunately.

me too. i need this info so i can make up my mind on 16 vs 32 gig.

Kotaku has a list from the JPN store, for games available there so far:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/12/ho...s-vita-these-game-download-sizes-should-help/

AR Combat DigiQ: Friend Tank Battalion – 220 MB
Army Corps of Hell – 598 MB
Asphalt Injection – 724 MB
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend – 3180 MB
Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die – 121 MB
Dark Quest: Alliance – 1057 MB
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention – 1619 MB
Dream Club Zero Portable – 2835 MB
Dynasty Warriors Next – 1485 MB
Everybody’s Golf 6 – 1100 MB
F1 2011 – 1435 MB
Little Deviants – 869 MB
Live Tweet – 5760 KB
Lord of Apocalypse – 1427 MB
Mahjong Fight Club – 793 MB
Michael Jackson: The Experience HD – 1225 MB
Minna to Issho: Friend Network – 168 MB
Monster Radar – 1640 MB
Nico Nico – 14 MB
Power Smash 4 – 1241 MB
Ridge Racer – 561 MB
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen – 1057 MB
Touch My Katamari – 744 MB
True Night of the Kamaitachi: The 11th Visitor – 793 MB
Uke-torne – 16 MB
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 1350 MB
Uncharted: Golden Abyss – 2777 MB

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Every Japanese launch title is on PSN, and they've said multiple times that every Vita game will be on PSN, but not every game will be available at retail.

I know. Just call me cautious that this really pans out and stays that way. :p

Also USB Cable is $15? Really? REAAALLLY? I mean we aren't getting a cable in the box?

EDIT: Gosh dang @ dat 2d art taking up so much space for BlazBlue!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Also USB Cable is $15? Really? REAAALLLY? I mean we aren't getting a cable in the box?

There is one in the box, but in case you lose it they sell them separately too.

I want to play Hot Shots Golf 6 so badly (I still play 5 online daily) I'll probably go for the stupid early edition bundle... don't really care about or foresee myself using the 3G capability so about $50 of that cost is just me wanting the system a week early.

Then I'll get MLB 12 The Show whenever it comes out and hope my franchise and stuff fits on the puny 4 GB card :p

see5harp

Yea, size of the games would really help me decide of whether to go bigger than 8 gigs. I mean, most iOS games are so damn small that 16 gigs goes a long way for me. I'm sure I wouldn't use the Vita in the same way as I do my phone as an all in one music/video/gaming device but the size of downloads on PS3 really has me thinking 32 gigs is what most hardcore gamers are going to want.

EDIT: okay thanks for the game sizes. It looks like the games aren't too huge. I'll probably just stick with the 8 gig until prices come down.

Curufinwe

EDIT: Gosh dang @ dat 2d art taking up so much space for BlazBlue!

I think you do get a USB cable in the box.

Respawn

Banned
Nope. That's the one thing I'm waiting for. I'm hoping that:

1. It's not sim-locked to AT&T.
2. If it is, they use the iPad data pricing model.

It is. They made a deal with AT&T not with any other carrier.
I would get the 3G version for that special day when someone finds a way for us to unlock it.

A good list, and similar to mine, but the 3G vita is $300, so add 50 to that, or did you mean wifi?

Little Deviants is also interesting. I may get that early bundle. Hmmm.

oh lol. i'm still wonder if i can order the Starter edition. i know it comes with 4GB card and a game and other stuff. but has anyone broken it down by price yet?

jcm

Don't we already know that Vita is getting the same data plan as the ipad? What are you guys waiting to here. Of course it will be sim-locked.

Edit: Actually, It looks like I'm wrong. In Europe, at least, it is not sim locked, according to the PS EU Blog.

spwolf

So apparently our versions of Wipeout and HSG are worth almost twice as much!

I'm seriously considering going US account only for Vita.

at least in UK there will be heavy discounts... rest of the europe? i dont think so... we play it MSRP style.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is this the first time the new memorycard prices are known? When the Gamestop prices leaked, it was a huge thread about it, now that the prices are lower, i hardly see any comments on it, so i'm just wondering if it is old news.

EDIT: Nevermind, i see now that there is a own thread about it :)

e_i

Rayman Origins is coming on launch day? Holy shit!

Gravity Daze/Rush isn't coming on launch day. Damn!

The memory card prices is a little better.

legbone

cool, judging by those game sizes 16 will be plenty big enough for me. i will probably end up buying physical copies of most games anyway. plus if room is needed you can always delete and download again later from your download history. also might keep me from getting a gigantic backlog of downloadable titles like i have on my ps3 and xbox. plus i can get another game with the 40 i'm saving. so here it is now that i have made up my mind:

wipeout
lumines
16 gb card

(and possibly hot shots golf, dammit i have a problem)

anddo0

cool, judging by those game sizes 16 will be plenty big enough for me. i will probably end up buying physical copies of most games anyway. plus if room is needed you can always delete and download again later from your download history. also might keep me from getting a gigantic backlog of downloadable titles like i have on my ps3 and xbox. plus i can get another game with the 40 i'm saving. so here it is now that i have made up my mind:

wipeout
lumines
16 gb card

(and possibly hot shots golf, dammit i have a problem)

8/16gb should be fine until the prices come down. The games can be backed up on pc/external drives. So space really shouldn't be an issue unless you plan to carry your entire library with you.

3-5 games at a time, plus music is all I really need.

They mention that pricing for software will range from $9.99 to... $49.99. I'm sorry, Sony, but that is fucking pathetic. $50 for a game cart is absolutely ridiculous. This should've have been a strong stance that Sony took and said that nothing goes above $39.99 because now you are going to see a lot of third party software all charging the $49.99 price instead of the cheaper, more friendly price. It'll put that barrier right back in the face of people looking at buying a Vita... expensive games.

Basically, the pricing for the software should've said $4.99 to $39.99.

Otherwise, that launch line-up is absolutely ridiculously good. I'll probably have 7 or 8 of those game within one month of launch and probably 3 or 4 on the first day... unless they are $49.99 and that includes Uncharted...

So from the launch games, I would want:

Disgaea 3 Return
Dynasty Warrior Next
Touch My Katamari

Haven't decided if I want to get it during launch or some time down the road.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Probably going to get Uncharted and Shinobido 2, and will pick up Gravity Rush when it's out. I'll get a 32gb mem card, because I know I'll regret getting the smallest size.

Raine

They mention that pricing for software will range from $9.99 to... $49.99. I'm sorry, Sony, but that is fucking pathetic. $50 for a game cart is absolutely ridiculous. This should've have been a strong stance that Sony took and said that nothing goes above $39.99 because now you are going to see a lot of third party software all charging the $49.99 price instead of the cheaper, more friendly price. It'll put that barrier right back in the face of people looking at buying a Vita... expensive games.

Basically, the pricing for the software should've said $4.99 to $39.99.

Otherwise, that launch line-up is absolutely ridiculously good. I'll probably have 7 or 8 of those game within one month of launch and probably 3 or 4 on the first day... unless they are $49.99 and that includes Uncharted...
Perhaps the $49.99 comes from games that have both a Vita AND PS3 version of the game?....Yeah I know it's wishful thinking, but it's something to think about. :(

Anyone know how much Ruin is supposed to cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom