• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPac

My Vita won't wake up.

In standby, blue PS light keeps blinking once every ten seconds..? Won't wake up. Need help.

That happened to me last night. I had the system on all day, put it in my bag on the way home from work. When I got home - system was unresponsive, just the blue PS light doing its gently on/off thing. Had to hard reset. :|

WTF....

Got a Euro Vita, plugged in my local SIM card (3G plan) and I get a "invalid sim card" message.

When I go to mobile network under settings, it says "The sim card inserted in your system is not compatible with the PS Vita"

I know my card works since I removed it from my USB modem, and this is a Euro system so there shouldn't be a lock. So what the hell? Any help? am I missing anything?

Bebpo

Banned
The way it crashes in sleep mode is another slip up by Sony imo. How many people are going to not be able to wake up their vita and think their system is broken and return it? Holding power for 20-30 seconds is a long time and if no one tells them to do it, a lot of people will never figure it out.

I feel like Sony should have had a mandatory tutorial instead of the welcome message that tells you things like how to hard reset the machine and that if you delete a game bubble you will lose all your saves for that game.

Basically, it's a great machine, but it's made for hardcore tech people who can go to gaming forums and find this stuff out. The system is very J6P unfriendly and I think that will hurt in the long run.

zatara

How essential is a screen protector? I probably won't use my Vita outside of my house so it's not like I'm going to be carrying it around with me, but the plastic screen has me worried that its gonna scratch easily. Also are the analog sticks suppose to have a little play in them?

Alchemy

WTF....

Got a Euro Vita, plugged in my local SIM card (3G plan) and I get a "invalid sim card" message.

When I go to mobile network under settings, it says "The sim card inserted in your system is not compatible with the PS Vita"

I know my card works since I removed it from my USB modem, and this is a Euro system so there shouldn't be a lock. So what the hell? Any help? am I missing anything?

Was it the one that you got from the 3G Vita? I thought you had to buy into their plan on a specific carrier to get it to work since the Vita technically isn't a phone.

naib

My Vita has only crashed once.

I was backing up a game to my PC, when it finished I started to delete the game off the Vita(not the PC) and while it was deleting I unplugged the USB. It did not like that.

Just froze on the delete progress bar and I had to do a hard reset. It did delete the file but I'm not sure if it deleted it "cleanly" or not. Would reformat just in case, but I'm grabbing a 32gig this weekend anyway.

That happened to me last night. I had the system on all day, put it in my bag on the way home from work. When I got home - system was unresponsive, just the blue PS light doing its gently on/off thing. Had to hard reset. :|

You got yourself a Vita? Great. I can't wait to hear impressions on P1P.

For anyone out there regarding hard locks, could it be a bug that triggers when you have a Vita in sleep mode with a game running in the background and you receive a notification?
This was exacty what happened to me when my Vita hard locked.

Was it the one that you got from the 3G Vita? I thought you had to buy into their plan on a specific carrier to get it to work since the Vita technically isn't a phone.

Wait, do you mean there is a list of carriers besides Vodafone that you can use with the system? My understanding is that the Euro 3G model (which I have here) is completely open in terms of SIM cards.

EDIT: I meant to ask if there was a specific list of carriers besides Vodafone

thundr51

Picked up a WiFi unit last night and downloaded Lumines and wipeout. Now I need a case. Any ideas? Should I just pick up a starter kit?

scently

So if I download a demo and later want to buy the full game, do I have to download it again or can it be unlocked like XBLA?

So I hadn't been paying much attention to the Vita threads because I didn't think I was getting one for a little while. Cue fiancé getting me one yesterday and now I'm catching up on different stuff.

I just learned about the "you can't earn trophies off of a used game without wiping the data on the card" thing. What a douche move. So we can't share the same game unless I fuck over his save game files and vice versa?

As a work around, someone mentioned that you can use the content manager and save your saves to your PC and restore later - has anyone tried this?

Either way... I live in the same gawddamn house! This makes me all sorts of grumpy.

DSmalls84

So I have already purchased

Lumines
Ninja Gaiden
Ray Man
UMVC3
Uncharted
Wipeout

Is Hot Shots worth it? Pretty much the last game I'm jonesing for until Mortal Kombat, Gravity Daze, Resistance, Etc.

Never played the series before.

Alchemy

Picked up a WiFi unit last night and downloaded Lumines and wipeout. Now I need a case. Any ideas? Should I just pick up a starter kit?

imag1143.jpg

I got one, feels really nice holding both my 3DS and Vita in it.

1 yep, it will appear as free on the store.
2 Worth it for me. if you see yourself buying a lot of PSN games (you should) it's worth it.

I was wondering why some games didn't have prices next to them, I thought it was a bug, I don't think I even bought Hustle kings on the PS3 but must have dled it for free when it was on PSN plus at some point, amazing.

I had my VITA sitting there for a week and ignored it, finally decided to have a look at it after I got home from my night shift and im amazed how good it is.

mr_toa

Is Hot Shots worth it? Pretty much the last game I'm jonesing for until Mortal Kombat, Gravity Daze, Resistance, Etc.

Completely worth it. The series is some of the best golf you can get - handheld or home console IMHO. I just plugged into the Vita edition, feels like Clap Hanz has nailed the definitive version on the PSV.

naib

Lumines
Ninja Gaiden
Ray Man
UMVC3
Uncharted
Wipeout

Is Hot Shots worth it? Pretty much ithe last game I'm jonesing for until Mortal Kombat, Gravity Daze, Resistance, Etc.

Absolutely. Even people that normally wouldn't touch a golf game could love HSG. Tons of unlockables and daily tourneys to keep you busy too.

DSmalls84

Absolutely. Even people that normally wouldn't touch a golf game could love HSG. Tons of unlockables and daily tourneys to keep you busy too.

Will probably try to grab a copy on the way home from work. Between the stacked launch and PSP backlog the Vita is stealing all my monies. Glad Mass effect was the only other game i'm getting this month.

snap0212

Man, my Vita is broken. :( The touchscreen sometimes doesn't seem to work at all. Sometimes it thinks that I want to start a game when I simply swipe across the screen and stuff like that.

Talked to Amazon and I'll get a new one. Not bad but I kind of want to keep my baby. :(

So 2 days after launch there was only one person that would show up on Near for me which isn't surprising since I live in a really small town. I boot up Near today and there is 12 people. Pretty dang cool.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So 2 days after launch there was only one person that would show up on Near for me which isn't surprising since I live in a really small town. I boot up Near today and there is 12 people. Pretty dang cool.

If near serves one purpose, despite its obscurity at times, it's that of 'social proof'.

So if I download a demo and later want to buy the full game, do I have to download it again or can it be unlocked like XBLA?

Depends on the demo. There are some demos that are just the full game, just locked. In this case you would just download the key and keep playing.

Lothars

I just prepurchased MLB the show for the vita and Ps3, I talked to EB here in Canada and they said they are doing a promotion of pick up both PS3 and Vita version and get them for 80.

started with 6 and last night it said 36. I was pretty surprised considering I live in a small town in Utah.

started with 6 and last night it said 36. I was pretty surprised considering I live in a small town in Utah.

How many people actually show up on your radar? I'm guessing it's not more than a few.

scently

Depends on the demo. There are some demos that are just the full game, just locked. In this case you would just download the key and keep playing.

Ok. I would like to download Rayman: Origin, so do you know if its just a case of downloading the key or would I have to download it again?

If the demo is the same size as the game, then yes. I did this for Rayman for example. The Fifa demo is smaller than the game so no.

Ok. I would like to download Rayman: Origin, so do you know if its just a case of downloading the key or would I have to download it again?

Yes, you can unlock Rayman without downloading it again.

njean777

Just listening to last weeks Tested podcast Jeff is so nintendo biased for portable systems it is not even funny. He is trying to say all these games are not portable, that is just complete fucking bullshit if I have ever heard it.

Just a quick heads up for all Canadians in here. Today is the last day for Future Shop's Trade 1 and get any Vita game $39.99 and under free. I'm thinking about trading something in for Wipeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom