• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was thinking about getting a Vita but immediately decided not to when i messed with a display.
I liked it, but when i went to play the wipeout demo, it literally took 3 minuets for it to load.
the game is fun, but whats up with that loading time?

The loadtimes were slightly improved with a patch, but it's a common complaint about the game. They're upwards of 1 minute, though, not 3 (at least in the final product).

I was thinking about getting a Vita but immediately decided not to when i messed with a display.
I liked it, but when i went to play the wipeout demo, it literally took 3 minuets for it to load.

Launch software...

Loading will get better and it depends on the game.

Also, they patched the Wipeout loadtines int the full game.

patsu

About the Playstation Vita Store... Is there any way to tell which DLC you've purchased from a game other than the "Buy Now" button turning into "Download" button? I sort of wished a little icon would appear like on the PS3's store... but for Vita, the icon seems to be on every single item..

Yeah, if you have bought an item, you'll also see a "little PSN shopping bag" icon beside the price tag. However you may need to open up the product page to see it.

vita should've had a removable battery then we could've done the battery remove reset trick for some lock ups

damn you sony what were you thinking. i demand this in a future slim model

still not bought one yet mind
I haven't heard of anyone experiencing any lockups that couldn't be resolved with holding the power button down for 20 or 30 seconds... have there been any?

I wouldn't let one game sour you on an entire console. A few games have terrible loading times. Quite a few don't.

The loadtimes were slightly improved with a patch, but it's a common complaint about the game. They're upwards of 1 minute, though, not 3 (at least in the final product).

Do you have retail or DD? My copy is DD and the loads seem to be about 30 or so seconds. Nothing like the 1-3 minutes people are saying.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Do you have retail or DD? My copy is DD and the loads seem to be about 30 or so seconds. Nothing like the 1-3 minutes people are saying.

Retail, but from what I've read the differences between the two versions are negligible. It varies from track to track, but in my experience it seems to range anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds. I'm not timing it or anything, tho.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Yeah, if you have bought an item, you'll also see a "little PSN shopping bag" icon beside the price tag. However you may need to open up the product page to see it.

This needs fixing. Really there ought to be somewhere you can go in the store to see all your purchased items (as there is on PS3).

This needs fixing. Really there ought to be somewhere you can go in the store to see all your purchased items (as there is on PS3).

There is but they really need to hide all the content that can't be played on the system. its annoying having to sift through the download list to find content.

Sylver

Banned

There is on your "download list" click on "..." (under-right corner) and check all your purchased items, the same list is on your ps3.

Retail, but from what I've read the differences between the two versions are negligible. It varies from track to track, but in my experience it seems to range anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds. I'm not timing it or anything, tho.

Yeah I am not timing to much either. The load times are in no way game breaking for me. I just remember reading last week that people with the DD were getting longer load times then the cart.

Adr1an

Just beat Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack moments ago and was pleasantly impressed since it was never on my radar to begin with.

Now im about to start Escape plan.

Twinduct

Gah, really in the mood for a RPG.
Tempting to get P3P, but considering it costs about the same as a Vita games, I'm really don't want to fall into it.

Any idea on a release for P4P or Disgaea 3 for EU?

Sylver

Banned
Speaking of the download list, I wish there was a way to filter out all the stuff you can't download onto a Vita.
+1

I think sony should add some kind filter and search thing for download list and the let people delete some stuff XD I hate see there some shitty demos/games that I want to delete forever :S.

Adr1an

As far as i know P4P is coming out in June in Japan so most likely it should arrive in the fall in North america is my guess. Not sure how long it will take them to bring it to Europe.

Twinduct

As far as i know P4P is coming out in June in Japan so most likely it should arrive in the fall in North america is my guess. Not sure how long it will take them to bring it to Europe.

Man, so maybe end of the year then heh.
Oh well, guess I'll dip into P3P for now then :<

Gah, really in the mood for a RPG.
Tempting to get P3P, but considering it costs about the same as a Vita games, I'm really don't want to fall into it.

Any idea on a release for P4P or Disgaea 3 for EU?
Disgaea 3 is released in 28 days in Europe. Persona 4: The Golden is scheduled for Q2 in Japan and I'm guessing it'll make it to Europe in Q4 or Q1 2013.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
MLB Bundle up on Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/games/mlb-12-the-show-for-playstation-3-and-ps-vita/99627

Requirements:

•You must have both PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game.
•You must use the same PSN account on both devices.
•Your PS3 or PS Vita must be connected to PSN when you are ready to upload/download your save file (on PS Vita, you must be connected to PSN via WiFi; MLB 12 does not support cross platform save using 3G).
How it works:

•During your Season, Franchise or Road to The Show modes only, after completion of a game, you can save your game and upload it to the cloud. From there you can download that save file from the cloud onto your PS Vita, or vice versa.
Not supported:

•Pausing and saving the game at any point. The game must be completed.
•Playing the game on PS Vita without the software.
•Playing against someone else on a PS Vita while you are on your PS3 (Cross Platform Play) or vice versa.

I ask, because so far I've played a ton of HSG and I grabbed a couple of demos, including Uncharted. But both of those games are jaggy as hell. I'm wanting to know what the true "show off to your friends" game is. FIFA, maybe?

I am picking up The Show as well as Motorstorm RC when they release next week.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So what's the best looking game on the system so far? The absolute, native res, just straight eye candy showpiece.

Virtua Tennis 4. Rayman Origins shows off the 2D art vibrance, but for that "holy shit, portable PS3" effect, Virtua Tennis is the way to go.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Continuum Shift Extend looks pretty damn amazing, especially since (I think?) zero detail and animation was cut from the console versions. Game has extremely rich backgrounds.

SRTtoZ

Its an old demo unit. The load times were upwards of 1 minute, NOT 3 and now when I load it takes between 30-40 seconds.

SRTtoZ

So what's the best looking game on the system so far? The absolute, native res, just straight eye candy showpiece.

Wipeout 2048 followed by Rayman for "native res" gorgeous games. Uncharted is also an amazing looking game; the lighting and shadows rival PS3/360 games.

Edit: You can throw UMvC3 into the mix too, its extremely pretty on this OLED screen and runs at 60fps.

legbone

I ask, because so far I've played a ton of HSG and I grabbed a couple of demos, including Uncharted. But both of those games are jaggy as hell. I'm wanting to know what the true "show off to your friends" game is. FIFA, maybe?

I am picking up The Show as well as Motorstorm RC when they release next week.

well, it was wipeout 2048. i say was because i picked up virtua tennis last night and it is the best looking handheld game i have ever seen. bar none.

Mrbob

Toys R Us is going to offer a 25 dollar gift card with the 3G Vita, and also have Buy 1, Get 1 50 percent off on Vita games next week.

patsu

well, it was wipeout 2048. i say was because i picked up virtua tennis last night and it is the best looking handheld game i have ever seen. bar none.

Seriously that good huh ?

Too bad I don't play tennis games. Would have liked to see it in person.

Has anyone had a problem of not having the Vita charge? When mine is plugged into the ac adapter it pops up the content manager prompt instead of charging the system. Plugging it into usb on a PC doesn't work either. And yes I'm sure it is plugged in the correct way so I'm sure thats not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom