• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I want to impress myself I'll pop in Uncharted GA.

That's game is doing things no other handheld game has done before it in terms of visuals. Alright, so it's sub-HD, it has no bearing on how impressive it is to me.

I've got 9 retail games, of all of them, I'd say Wipeout, Uncharted, Rayman and Virtua Tennis 4 all give the best indication of what this system can do from the outset.

legbone

Seriously that good huh ?

Too bad I don't play tennis games. Would have liked to see it in person.

yep. that good. it really is amazing. i have seen console games that don't look this good. seriously.

edit: it's really unfortunate that there is no demo. it would sell many copies. the game is a blast. i haven't played a virtua tennis game since the dreamcast but this is just how i remember it. great arcade tennis fun. not too simmy. i like top spin too but virtua is just more relaxing to me.

cyborg009

Banned

6277.jpg

yep

What are people's opinions on Sony's official cradle?

I got it free for attending a launch party.
If you dont have a second usb cable, it's pretty useless (doesn't come with one).
The audio out jack is pretty cool, but I dont see myself needing it much.
Also, I have an official cover on my vita, and its quite cumbersome to take it off/on just to charge it on a cradle.
Just buy a game instead

MrMephistoX

yep. that good. it really is amazing. i have seen console games that don't look this good. seriously.

edit: it's really unfortunate that there is no demo. it would sell many copies. the game is a blast. i haven't played a virtua tennis game since the dreamcast but this is just how i remember it. great arcade tennis fun. not too simmy. i like top spin too but virtua is just more relaxing to me.

Sony is really way too slow at dolling out the demos especially when most of them are available outside of the US. Seems like a great way to convert since each demo has a link to buy and unlock the full version.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finally broke down and bought Rayman Origins from the PSN store (yay for the maintenance delay!). It's gon' be nice to have this awesome game on my Vita at all times.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Finally broke down and bought Rayman Origins from the PSN store (yay for the maintenance delay!). It's gon' be nice to have this awesome game on my Vita at all times.

I'm this close to doing the same but the B1G1 half off sale bacons my name!

Bumhead

Banned
Couple of PSP related questions:

1.) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Is this Vita compatible? I don't see it on the EU Store via the Vita itself but is it compatible if transferred from a PS3?
2.) Also regarding Peace Walker, has it been confirmed whether or not Konami will include this in the Vita version of the MGS Collection? I know screenshots posted by Kojima suggested the menu only had MGS 2 and 3, but do we know for certain either way yet before I go and buy the standalone game?
3.) Manhunt 2 for the PSP. Decent game? Worth playing? I'm curious at £10.

Cheers.

I am in love with my VITA! I have been playing Little Big Planet (PSP) Hot Shots Golf and Mutant blobs! I can see this thing has a future if dev's can get behind it.

I do have to say I was let down with the screen, after using my 4s the screen still looks good but comparing GAF on both, the white on my 4s is so much better.

oh well

Eusis

If you can not resell digital copies of games, why do you guys buy them that way?
They probably never intend to sell (or lend) the games, plus some really aren't games TO resell. Something like Uncharted is great trade-in fodder, but Hot Shots Golf can be the sort of thing you keep on your system to play whenever, and same for Lumines.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just picked mine up finally, been so busy lately.

This thing is pretty damned awesome, played a little Uncharted, now tooling around with the OS.

Impressive hardware, cant wait to see all the big name Sony games on this thing, and some big multi plats.

God of War
Killzone
Resistance
LBP
More Uncharted
GT
etc.

Along with the inevitable
Call of Duty (Hopefully cross platform)
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Mass Effect
Dead Space
etc etc.

One question, looked through my DL history and none of my PSP digital games are available for download... I thought digital versions were all BC? Or did I miss something?

Just picked mine up finally, been so busy lately.

This thing is pretty damned awesome, played a little Uncharted, now tooling around with the OS.

Impressive hardware, cant wait to see all the big name Sony games on this thing, and some big multi plats.

God of War
Killzone
Resistance
LBP
More Uncharted
GT
etc.

Along with the inevitable
Call of Duty (Hopefully cross platform)
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Mass Effect
Dead Space
etc etc.

One question, looked through my DL history and none of my PSP digital games are available for download... I thought digital versions were all BC? Or did I miss something?
Most games are can be downloaded straight from Vita's PSn store. If it doesn't show up as download you have to try downloading with ps3 to transfer over to Vita. That's why sony's list only shows those games. First post shows compatible, not compatible but works, etc.

Cookie18

I went to HMV today to trade Virtua Tennis in. It's a great game but I want to try out more Vita games.

The weird thing is that the HMV guy told me Sony weren't shipping them anymore 16gb memory cards, I was wondering when they got more in. They said they had one card coming in for a guy who ordered it but after that there would be no more. I assume this isn't a permanent thing but I wonder if this is Sony preparing for a 32gb card release in the UK?

They also said they wouldn't be getting any other launch titles in (there selection is rather small) he said they only have the same games on order. Weird stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom