• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR Aim Controller -- Designed for PS4 shooters, 1:1 precision, no PSMove required.

Anything can be a sex toy really, don't you think?

I disagree:

Hedgehog1.jpg

EvB

I wonder if they were going to do an on stage demo of this? Perhaps some kind of multiplayer game.

The length of the show makes me wonder if something was cut

Pejo

Could be functioning as one too... you never know until you've tried it?

Anything can be a dildo, if you're brave enough.

I was expecting one of these. Wonder how much better the tracking is than a PS Move in that gun shaped case (forget the name, it came out last gen).

Tain

Hopefully this thing brings on a small resurgence of light gun game collections retooled for VR.

(If that's even possible)

If the PSVR's tracking is anywhere near the same ballpark as Rift/Vive then yeah, it is.

VR is the first time motion controls have approached the speed and accuracy of a CRT light gun.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
God I hope the tracking is better now. The drift on the move was awful.

Edit- do we have a thread for farpoint? Thought it looked great.

Iorv3th

It actually looks like the plastic around the 'nav controller' could come off and maybe it's just a shell for it?

JP

It's a real shame, if only Sony was willing to sell people a headset that would prevent them being able to see the Aim Controller while playing VR games.

I feel like this won't see too much use, most VR games want both hands to be available seperately from each other, and with good reason. I want to say they should've had a casing to hold both controllers instead, but I understand that would mean the Move's buttons wouldn't be accessible. Hm.

Katori

Dual joysticks? I actually like this, this is cool. I have bought many crappy gun peripherals and will happily buy this if supported.

Even better if it can be easily one-handed and used with another Move controller.

Looks a lot more consumer friendly and less dudebro / niche gamer than sharp shooter.

Less threatening and fits well with the Morpheus design launguage imo.

I like it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Looks a lot more consumer friendly and less dudebro / niche gamer than sharp shooter.

Less threatening and fits well with the Morpheus design launguage imo.

I like it.

I think it's not so much about being casual friendly or adhering to the headset design language.

I believe the gun design is as minimalistic as it is in order "fit" most kinds of virtual weapons eventually mapped onto it and, most importatly, to avoid the user hurting himself or damagin the headset when aiming down the sights (hence the rounded design with no protrusions - and no shoulder stock).

It looks pretty cleverly designed to me. The only thing that bothers me is that it apparently lacks rumble. If true, that's a wasted opportunity.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Pointer aiming on th Wii/U/OG Move offered greater aiming accuracy and speed with slight wrist movements for existing games. This seems to be geared as a gun simulator for VR.

And if I turn around?

the IMU can still provide general positional information. However, the gun obviously wont be accurately tracked since it has no other visible sensors the PS4 can use to construct a pose. This is easily combated by something developers call "GAME DESIGN"

The headset can be tracked in 360 degrees because it has LEDs on the rear.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm assuming they have to design it in a way where it's not gonna look like a real weapon. Hence why it "doesn't look cool"?

Top Bottom