• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

meppi

noisome07 said:
Posted. For the 5000th time.

And still not funny I might add.

If they switched the 360 with a Wii I could see mass bannings over that kind of shit.

That video is one of the worst (or should that be best) examples of moronic fanboy kneejerk reactions.

Baha

So if the clock fix is going to occur at 12AM GMT, is anybody here going to turn on their affected PS3 a few minutes prior and watch the PS3 fix itself?

Shadow780

Baha said:
So if the clock fix is going to occur at 12AM GMT, is anybody here going to turn on their affected PS3 a few minutes prior and watch the PS3 fix itself?

You'll see the special encoded message by Ken.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.
So I took apart the PS3 (phat 20gig), unplugged the battery (it's not where the japanese pictures said it would be), left it out for ten minutes and then reassembled.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Turned ps3 off then back on and the trophy is ok
All the time stamps the system time seem ok
IF there is anything else someone wants me to check on let me.

thanks for the update , and no bad side effects , good news.

Firewire

Banned
AstroMan said:
The RROD never crippled all Xbox 360's at once nor did it effect development due to debug units being stuck on some endless looping error. This is fucking annoying and it's not just because people can't play video games and there's no guarantee that this will simply fix itself or be fixed easily.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but to me, this is about the same as the RROD issues.

:lol

Ok, seriously maybe you forgot about when Xbox Live went down for over a week during the xmass period a couple of years back. You can compare that with this maybe but this will be fixed in a day hopefully.

Comparing this to RROD's is fucking bat shit insane.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Baha said:
That probably wouldn't be a good idea. It won't fix until it's rebooted.

cory

Banned
I tried playing Galaxy to pass the time, but it just wasn't filling the void.
The only other time I've had trouble with a console was when my Wii was bricked only two months after I got it with a 60 something star SMG save.
I just haven't had the will to really play that game since.

BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.
So I took apart the PS3 (phat 20gig), unplugged the battery (it's not where the japanese pictures said it would be), left it out for ten minutes and then reassembled.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Have you ever shared a psn game from someone else?

If not if you have any downloaded psn games, try to boot them and see if it requires or attempts any apparent reaquisition if the drm license

2b5zky.gif

Excuse me, but is this Teabagging going on in the movie Gamer?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If you all pipe down for second and listen carefully, you can hear the quiet fapping of a couple of posters, as they await news of continuing problems at midnight GMT.

'IT MIGHT NOT BE FIXED.
omgplsgodletitnotbefixed
'

kassatsu

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I played Gravity Crash so you can play a downloaded PSN game fine. IF you mean can I download a new one play it I don't know, I'm not going to buy a new game right now.

About trophies, I can't check if ones I earned during downtime are fine because I couldn't play during the downtime. IF you are asking if the most recent ones I earn before the downtime are ok then yes they are and the reason people might no be seeing them if because they were moved to the bottom of the trophy list. Im checking the time stamp on THOSE trophies right now....and those are fine. It think I played white knight chronicles last because it think I tried to play it when the clock was reset, but I see no ill effects or miss time stamps.

edit: FLOW is not free...yet
Not all PSN games work. Vandal Hearts and Madden NFL Arcade don't work. Not sure about others.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
darkwing said:
yeah for some reason the thread is dying down :(

its the calm before the storm like in the films. Its goes deathly quiet and then at 11.55 GMT. all hell is going to break loose

Baha said:
We will finally know what it looks like to divide by zero.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Cruzader said:
Trolls are here already. Sadly they are protected by pro-360 laws on GAF.

This board is very pro Sony(or actually 3DO). Anyway, I am really confused by this thread! My PS3 is fine because I hate the world and updates.

CozMick

Banned
Chriswok said:

You have any idea what I've been going through today Chris?

No Uncharted 2,

No MAG,

No LittleBigPlanet

*goes to strangle kids*

kassatsu said:
Not all PSN games work. Vandal Hearts and Madden NFL Arcade don't work. Not sure about others.
Ok, I will check a few more and see.

Also about shared PSN games. I do have a few of them from other people. These work fine and I didn't see anything on other games about it trying to re-get a DRM license

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sony shouldn't even put a clock in the PS4. Just stick with a sundial and call it a day. What with clock overlays and PS3s being killswitched... Should just play it safe. D:

meppi said:
And still not funny I might add.

If they switched the 360 with a Wii I could see mass bannings over that kind of shit.

That video is one of the worst (or should that be best) examples of moronic fanboy kneejerk reactions.

I think people who type in subtitles for that meme think Hitler is overreacting. They are not agreeing with every point Hitler makes in that scene, just exaggerating their concerns for the lols.

/professor

Baha said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack fanboys on fire off the shoulder of Kutaragi. I watched XMB backgrounds glitter in the dark near the Tretton gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Xeke said:
So why are people so confident the new day will solve this again? Wouldn't it just go to 1/2/2000?
Nope. The OS clock is just going crazy right now because the internal clock is sending gibberish...but the internal clock still thinks it's 2.29, where the OS clock knows that cant be true. Then the internal clock will go to 3.1, and the OS will work fine again.

Morac

Neo Member
BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine

You didn't happen to "earn" any trophies during the problem period that never showed up did you? I was playing yesterday when the bug hit and I'm certain I should have earned a number of trophies, but never got pop-up notifications for them. I'm curious if those will show up after everything starts working or if they don't whether I'll be able to get them again or if they are permanently broken/lost.

CozMick said:

No Uncharted 2,

No MAG,

No LittleBigPlanet

*goes to strangle kids*

Hugs his slim and all his games, hugs his mlb the show 10 ohh wait screw you dhl.:lol

CozMick said:

No Uncharted 2,

No MAG,

No LittleBigPlanet

*goes to strangle kids*

:lol Least its not as bad as what Mackem does to them... taking them to Sunderland games. I was a bit annoyed with DHL today for delivering MLB while I was out, even though I phoned and asked them to leave it next door, but its all good since the PS3 might not have worked anyway.

Besides, FM2010 10.3.0 is released today - got to stop the kids from going apeshit over the Newcastle Data when they see what I've done :D

Atrus

Gold Member
shagg_187 said:
Holy shit now I have to see it!! :lol :lol :lol

Gamer is an awful movie but their translation of Second Life and FPS gaming into real action is perhaps the best thing about it.

InfiniteNine said:
Just incase, does anyone know where the battery is located on a CECHE01 PS3?
what model is that? I don't know what my ps3 is terms of that call number.

Morac said:
You didn't happen to "earn" any trophies during the problem period that never showed up did you? I was playing yesterday when the bug hit and I'm certain I should have earned a number of trophies, but never got pop-up notifications for them. I'm curious if those will show up after everything starts working or if they don't whether I'll be able to get them again or if they are permanently broken/lost.
Unfortunatly no, I turned my ps3 on before I saw the thread and at no time was playing during the bug issue, so I have no idea that may happen in that case.

Top Bottom