• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
AstroMan said:
This is such a clusterfuck. I can't connect to PSN out of fear that my shit will be breaking. Great. Thanks a ton, Sony.

Again, this seems a lot worse than the RROD.
Hurry AstroMan! You only have five and a half hours to milk this as much as you can! More posts! MOAR!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
AstroMan said:
This is such a clusterfuck. I can't connect to PSN out of fear that my shit will be breaking. Great. Thanks a ton, Sony.

ahh, you're back

Kusagari

Aokage said:
It's been down all day... coinciding nicely with the PS3 clock breakdown! Apparently Korean netizens threatened some kind of cyber terrorism attack on Japan on 3/1, and of course 2ch'ers are ascribing both failures to that :lol

Koreans, ehh? No wonder our PS3's are fucked up. They got zerg rushed.

DMeisterJ

Banned
2ujiag0.jpg

Sega's plan for the comeback continues! Sabotaging the PS3 during the most crucial month of it's life, and year is going to force Sony out of the business like Sony forced Sega out. It's all making sense now. :eek:

AstroMan said:

Ya cause your console will break right? :lol

cRIPticon

Mizzou Gaming said:
Question for any lawyers out there. SONY released a statement warning users to not turn on their fat PS3s because it might cause the PS3 to be permanately damaged.

Does that statement make SONY more vulnerable to a lawsuit since they are essentially admitting the problem was a result of their own mistake? MS never stated the exact % of failure rates because of this same thing. Just a thought.

Sony never said that. Where did you read this an as official statement from Sony?

Goodness...everyone going crazy over a clock bug. Inconvenient? Sure. Somethign to rage at? How silly.

AstroMan said:

An unforeseen calendar bug in a secondary level system component vs the highest breakage rate of consoles in the history of the video game industry. These are equal? WORST stealth fanboy rant ever.

Hah, dunno why I'm following this thread as my fat PS3 is fine, but it sure is fun.

lol, i think my CECHP01 is ok too but I've been hooked on this thread since yesterday, I have never hit he refresh button as much as i have in the last 16 hours. it seems to be slowing down atm tho

AstroMan said:

Really? An issue that timed itself do to the synchronizing of a battery clock in a few hours causing one day of hysteria compared to essentially a dead system.

Now that's just nutty.

AstroMan said:

Nice exaggeration there, I'm sure you can occupy yourself for a few hours till it's fixed instead of QQing much

AstroMan said:

Don't sugarcoat it, truly this is the greatest injustice in the history of mankind.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Aokage said:
It's been down all day... coinciding nicely with the PS3 clock breakdown! Apparently Korean netizens threatened some kind of cyber terrorism attack on Japan on 3/1, and of course 2ch'ers are ascribing both failures to that :lol

:lol Awesome.

Baha

AstroMan said:

Nothing will break if you turn your console on right now. You simply won't be able to play some games, earn trophies or connect to the PSN. And...wait. Weren't you here yesterday when the news broke?

Mareg

Sony Exec :
Hi everyone, on behalf of all Sony employees, I would like to extend my most sincere appologies.
It is my opinion that my company has grown too fast and that what used to be our most important principle, quality, has suffered from it.
Be assured that I will use all of my infinite power in order to get the product line back to the Ps2 quality... * pause *... Errr I mean the Playstation quality .... * pause *... Err sorry I meant the walkman quality.
I take full responsability for any death caused by the sorrow induced lack of PSN or clock dependant gaming.

AstroMan

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Really? A fix that timed itself do to the synchronizing of a battery clock in a few hours causing one day of hysteria compared to essentially a dead system.

Now that's just nutty.

The RROD never crippled all Xbox 360's at once nor did it effect development due to debug units being stuck on some endless looping error. This is fucking annoying and it's not just because people can't play video games and there's no guarantee that this will simply fix itself or be fixed easily.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but to me, this is about the same as the RROD issues.

cRIPticon

Mareg said:
Sony Exec :
Hi everyone, on behalf of all Sony employees, I would like to extend my most sincere appologies.
It is my opinion that my company has grown too fast and that what used to be our most important principle, quality, has suffered from it.
Be assured that I will use all of my infinite power in order to get the product line back to the Ps2 quality... * pause *... Errr I mean the Playstation quality .... * pause *... Err sorry I meant the walkman quality.
I take full responsability for any death caused by the sorrow induced lack of PSN or clock dependant gaming.

Oh, a quality control joke. Oh..ahaha. Shouldn't you be on a XBox 360/Zune thread?

andycapps

AstroMan said:

Overreact much? That was an issue where your console was fried. This is a case of some odd coding error that Sony should be able to patch (or may correct itself in 4 hours) relatively easily. Worse than the RROD issue? :lol

Ok, last update.
So I took apart the PS3 (phat 20gig), unplugged the battery (it's not where the japanese pictures said it would be), left it out for ten minutes and then reassembled.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Turned ps3 off then back on and the trophy is ok
All the time stamps the system time seem ok
IF there is anything else someone wants me to check on let me.

Vanille

AstroMan said:
The RROD never crippled all Xbox 360's at once nor did it effect development due to debug units being stuck on some endless looping error. This is fucking annoying and it's not just because people can't play video games and there's no guarantee that this will simply fix itself or be fixed easily.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but to me, this is about the same as the RROD issues.

:lol

notworksafe

AstroMan said:

Yeah I'd say so. This is an issue that either will fix itself or be patched to fix. Doesn't even require a towel!

BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.
So I took apart the PS3 (phat 20gig), unplugged the battery (it's not where the japanese pictures said it would be), left it out for ten minutes and then reassembled.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine

Can you play a game (not demo) downloaded from PSN?

noisome07

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Check if flow is free again

AstroMan said:

backwardgImage1.jpg

Top Bottom