• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobTheFork said:
I didn't have any corrupt data that I know of, what should I look for?

people have been reporting about corrupted themes. Check the themes section.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Whats this 'free game thing' you guys are talkin' about?

BobTheFork said:
So far it looks ok. I didn't lose my WKC trophies after all, they just got moved to the bottom of the list. I'm going to try and earn a easy trophy to make sure that still works as well.

Since you technically earned those trophies in 1999 according to the OS clock, that makes sense.

SmokyDave

Great stuff, I get home and my PS3 is already turned on. Try to sign into PSN, get the error, make the 'FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU' face. I have a launch model with B/C :(

So then Sony, when can I expect access to the software I paid for on the hardware I paid for? Y'know, like that Heavy Rain game I paid £44.99 for on Friday?

Just like my RRoD adventures back in 06 and 07, I'm starting to think this generation is designed to put me off gaming.

GuessWho said:
Very impressive animations on that pizza, it almost looked like a face in parts.

acevans2

Wario64 said:
The free game (if they give one out) will be flOw. Everyone already has it for free already and they get the nice PR saying they care about their PS3 owners without losing much money already.
It'd probably be someting like PAIN, so if the people like it, they might buy some of that DLC (which there is a lot of) that they put out for it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wario64 said:
The free game (if they give one out) will be flOw. Everyone (In the US or people who cheated the US PSN) already has it for free already and they get the nice PR saying they care about their PS3 owners without losing much money already.
Fixed.

Of course this means I do not have flOw and thus would be chuffed with that as "compensation". Of course SCE do not need to do such a thing but it would be a nice good will gesture.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
acevans2 said:
It'd probably be someting like PAIN, so if the people like it, they might buy some of that DLC (which there is a lot of) that they put out for it.

Hah, you could be right. Funny thing is I got PAIN for free too with my MGS4 PS3 bundle

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Neuromancer said:
You're taking the news rather well I must say

It's ok, i have other games that can keep my attention til this is fixed. I just hope its fixed by tomorrow otherwise im afraid Heavy Rain will be put behind Battlefield:BC2 (PC version)

Turning on the PS3 just makes the OS react to the incorrect system clock time... it does not break anything. You can play demos and watch BLu-rays by turning it on, but dont play games to be safe with trophy stuff

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How I wish it was a free God of War III copy.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
BruceWayneIII said:
no

EDIT: just wait until after midnight GMT to avoid corrupting data.

hmm oki, hmm oki thanks , I guess waiting a couple more hours wont kill me, but I just bought heavy rain, wanted to playyyyy :(

NeoUltima

BobTheFork said:
Holy Shit! IT worked

wow, I wasn't expecting it work honestly but I'm back one the PSN. Of course I still have 2 screw sitting here. I swear that always happens. Dust free and running smooth

So if you are bored and impatient then go for it.
BTW I found my CMOS battery at the right front of the console not the right back like the pictures. It was on the under side on the console, I had to take more screw out of the main plate and lift the whole insides up and there it was under the power switches
Thanks for the help everyone, time for WKC
Yep, thanks for testing it. This should confirm that the systems will fix themselves.

Keyser Soze said:
Turning on the PS3 just makes the OS react to the incorrect system clock time... it does not break anything. You can play demos and watch BLu-rays by turning it on, but dont play games to be safe with trophy stuff

What if I don't give a shit about trophies? Is it safe to play then?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Whatever free game we'll get will def be something from the SCE studios, so no third-party PSN games. So Fl0w, flower, Pain, SSHD, Pixeljunk Racers, monsters, eden, shooter (Pick this one SCE) or something like that.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mejilan said:
I was amused to read earlier today that PS3 dev kits are seem to be affected as well, with some (all?) of them getting stuck in endless reboot loops.
Not that amusing when you're trying to get work done the last week before GDC. >:|

Welp, guess I'm picking up Bad Company 2 on 360.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Stop It said:
Fixed.

Of course this means I do not have flOw and thus would be chuffed with that as "compensation". Of course SCE do not need to do such a thing but it would be a nice good will gesture.

In the PS2 days, there was a Playstation 2 demo disc with the Official Playstation Magazine (I think) that had Viewitful Joe, which corrupted memory cards if you had any inserted and erased all save files. People complained and Sony gave out a choice of free PS2 game if you turned in the bad demo disc. Choice of games included Killzone and Hot Shots Golf 4 (which I picked)

I actually I forget if Killzone was a choice, but I do know I got HSG4. Maybe it was Jak 3 and Sly 3

The news that the battery fix works almost guarantees that this will all be over at midnight tonight. Which is great news.

However, a large part of me wants to see what would have happened if it didn't work. Public reaction and damage control would have been epic. Still, greater good and all that.

bishoptl said:
Not that amusing when you're trying to get work done the last week before GDC. >:|

Welp, guess I'm picking up Bad Company 2 on 360.

Dude! Just remove the internal battery, wait 10 minutes and connect it back again. I'm sure someone at the office knows how to do that! :)

Struct09 said:
I call BS. If it was the same issue that the Zunes had, Sony engineers would have seen it coming.

Well, you mean like they saw the laser's failing on the PS2 after then PS1... and then again on the PS3 after the PS2? :lol

Speevy

Banned
cory said:
Super Stardust HD would be nice, but I don't see that happening.
Probably PAIN.

Or a new PAIN character, Clockman.

He's really fat and gets caught on everything, causing it to collapse.

snap0212

DMeisterJ said:
Whatever free game we'll get will def be something from the SCE studios, so no third-party PSN games. So Fl0w, flower, Pain, SSHD, Pixeljunk Racers, monsters, eden, shooter (Pick this one SCE) or something like that.
I bet it would be Pain... They probably think that you'd buy at least one of those 15,000 pieces of DLC that they release every week.

Jazzy Network said:
What if I don't give a shit about trophies? Is it safe to play then?

No, cause you will get an error with some (most) games that tells you it cannot sync because of the system clock problem. This happens both on/offline as the PS3 does a system clock check before allowing the game to launch, and it does not get the right response, and thus will not allow the game to launch.

GodofWine

Struct09 said:
I can only imagine the hell that the consumer service reps and software/hardware engineers are going through right now. May you guys land on your feet after this is over.

I would have liked to have been in the main IT room at where ever PSN is out of...right when the first errors popped up...and someone said "ah, just a couple errors..whats the code?...Oh...that means...this is bad" then the walls crashed in and water filled the room as the flood began.

Fox Mulder

acevans2 said:

hopefully they don't fuck that up like flow, where you can't even use the DLC you buy with the version of the game they gave out for free. The DLC has a patch, but the game they gave out for free was updated without the DLC. The game won't let you run the DLC on the already updated version of the game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shagg_187 said:
Dude! Just remove the internal battery, wait 10 minutes and connect it back again. I'm sure someone at the office knows how to do that! :)

What is he working on on the PS3 anyway? Did I miss the memo? A new Turok? What?

Top Bottom