• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

RdN

So, can I turn on my PS3? :lol It's a 80gb Fat.

I'm sorry if this has been already answered.. but as you guys already know, it's kind of a big thread..

norinrad

Guess i won't be turning on my PS3 for a while, I don't even have the time to play games lately so its alright. :lol :lol :lol

snap0212 said:
I bet it would be Pain... They probably think that you'd buy at least one of those 15,000 pieces of DLC that they release every week.

When are they gonna bundle it all together, I'd be interested in a bundle with just the new areas since I've bought none of them.

glaurung

GodofWine said:
I would have liked to have been in the main IT room at where ever PSN is out of...right when the first errors popped up...and someone said "ah, just a couple errors..whats the code?...Oh...that means...this is bad" then the walls crashed in and water filled the room as the flood began.
Not water...

I was playing Borderlands when the shit went down. Does this mean there could be a problem with my save now?

noisome07

Banned
I'm gonna lol if it's pain because they gave it that name for a reason. You have to download all of the DLC before you can play.

skip said:
The PlayStation 3 was a system of faith. It was a believer...and I'm very sorry I murdered it.
2h2ifd0.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Tomorrow morning I expect to find 24 bucks/euros credited to my PSN wallet in compensation. One for every hour of trauma.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wario64 said:
The free game (if they give one out) will be flOw. Everyone already has it for free already and they get the nice PR saying they care about their PS3 owners without losing much money already.
Or GO! Skydiving. Or GO! Ski. Or that rubber duck game. :lol

deathberry

Neo Member
Too bad that I'll be sleeping while this shit goes down (4am here at 12am GMT). Regardless, the dust will settle by the time I get up for work.
Or not! XD

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You know, this has an upside. If nothing else, not being able to play Heavy Rain gave me the opportunity to finally download and play Outrun Online Arcade.

MemoryofMaggot said:
just got back from trying to exchange my fat for a slim with extended warranty..no go :(

apparently the warranty means that they SEND IT IN FOR SERVICE to Sony first, to see if they can fix it, if not, only THEN do you get a new unit. fuck that shit.

Weird, when I used my warranty last year they just took it- no questions asked. Maybe the policy has changed, or maybe it's just where you live...

Question for any lawyers out there. SONY released a statement warning users to not turn on their fat PS3s because it might cause the PS3 to be permanately damaged.

Does that statement make SONY more vulnerable to a lawsuit since they are essentially admitting the problem was a result of their own mistake? MS never stated the exact % of failure rates because of this same thing. Just a thought.

MY themes are all ok, the normal and dynamic ones. I'm trying to earn a trophy to check I don't have an easy one left to get lol. I'll keep checking

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
thetrin said:
You know, this has an upside. If nothing else, not being able to play Heavy Rain gave me the opportunity to finally download and play Outrun Online Arcade.

How?

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
XiaNaphryz said:
Has this speculated info been posted yet? Aside from confirming the system clock issue and the battery solution.

I have heard Toshiba have had similiar problems with DVR's

savor100

RdN said:

I'm sorry if this has been already answered.. but as you guys already know, it's kind of a big thread..

From http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

bluehat9

MemoryofMaggot said:
just got back from trying to exchange my fat for a slim with extended warranty..no go :(

apparently the warranty means that they SEND IT IN FOR SERVICE to Sony first, to see if they can fix it, if not, only THEN do you get a new unit. fuck that shit.
Did you talk to a manager? If you have a product replacement plan, aren't they supposed to, you know, actually replace the product (or give you something comparable or a gift card)?

Meanwhile, over at Microsoft headquarters:

Shane Kim: How the fuck are we going to beat God of War 3?! Dante's Inferno fucking bombed! If only there was a way to prevent them from p...

Employee: Sir! This just in. PS3s all around the world just got Zune'd!

Shane Kim:
347ig61.png

BobTheFork said:
MY themes are all ok, the normal and dynamic ones. I'm trying to earn a trophy to check I don't have an easy one left to get lol. I'll keep checking

So far, so good - thanks for posting updates.

LM4sure

Banned
notworksafe said:
It seems to be just games with trophies and downloaded games that require a DRM check that aren't working. I was able to boot up my non trophy games without issue last night.

Isn't DRM great?!?

Fox Mulder

Mizzou Gaming said:
Question for any lawyers out there. SONY released a statement warning users to not turn on their fat PS3s because it might cause the PS3 to be permanately damaged.

Does that statement make SONY more vulnerable to a lawsuit since they are essentially admitting the problem was a result of their own mistake? MS never stated the exact % of failure rates because of this same thing. Just a thought.

but MS did similarly warn about not using the original xbox until you got the giant fuse box power cord, or you could die in your sleep.

NeoUltima

BobTheFork said:
So far it looks ok. I didn't lose my WKC trophies after all, they just got moved to the bottom of the list. I'm going to try and earn a easy trophy to make sure that still works as well.
Do you have any data that appeared "corrupted" that no longer is? Supposedly all dynamic themes appear corrupter under the bug. If they are fixed, thats great news.

edit: ooops already answered. Thread is too fast

cory

Banned
RdN said:

If it's CECHK, then no. CECHL, maybe.

Coins

Banned
This is so strange. My backwards compatible PS3 was affected. Now it doesnt recognize PS2 or PS3 games, only PS1. Also, I was able to get onto the PSN, but the only videos were from Shania Twain and Smashmouth.

Its stuck in 1999!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Kagari said:
2ch is down too... wtf?

It's been down all day... coinciding nicely with the PS3 clock breakdown! Apparently Korean netizens threatened some kind of cyber terrorism attack on Japan on 3/1, and of course 2ch'ers are ascribing both failures to that :lol

Infinity

bluehat9 said:
Did you talk to a manager? If you have a product replacement plan, aren't they supposed to, you know, actually replace the product (or give you something comparable or a gift card)?

Yep, they should. A friend of mine had his 360 RR, and he was able to get a new one from BB.

AstroMan

Banned
This is such a clusterfuck. I can't connect to PSN out of fear that my shit will be breaking. Great. Thanks a ton, Sony.

Again, this seems a lot worse than the RROD.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
hmmm, maybe this explaing my netflix problem yesterday.

noisome07

Banned
AstroMan said:
This is such a clusterfuck. I can't connect to PSN out of fear that my shit will be breaking. Great. Thanks a ton, Sony.

Again, this seems a lot worse than the RROD.
Uh, wait 4 hours then? Geez people.

Top Bottom