• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

borsdy

Banned
AstroMan said:
This is fucking annoying and it's not just because people can't play video games and there's no guarantee that this will simply fix itself or be fixed easily.
Why don't you just wait a few more hours?

AstroMan said:
The RROD never crippled all Xbox 360's at once nor did it effect development due to debug units being stuck on some endless looping error. This is fucking annoying and it's not just because people can't play video games and there's no guarantee that this will simply fix itself or be fixed easily.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but to me, this is about the same as the RROD issues.

Dear lord its not even close. Ohh slim ftw.:lol

BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.
So I took apart the PS3 (phat 20gig), unplugged the battery (it's not where the japanese pictures said it would be), left it out for ten minutes and then reassembled.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Turned ps3 off then back on and the trophy is ok
All the time stamps the system time seem ok
IF there is anything else someone wants me to check on let me.

Nice! :D

BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.
So I took apart the PS3 (phat 20gig), unplugged the battery (it's not where the japanese pictures said it would be), left it out for ten minutes and then reassembled.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Are trophies earned during the downtime still not showing up? I think I might be SOL on the find all alfheims/complete all alfheims trophy in Bayonetta :( :(

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
AstroMan said:
The RROD never crippled all Xbox 360's at once nor did it effect development due to debug units being stuck on some endless looping error. This is fucking annoying and it's not just because people can't play video games and there's no guarantee that this will simply fix itself or be fixed easily.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but to me, this is about the same as the RROD issues.

Never in a million years can this be compared 'if' this gets fixed tonight.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine
Great news.

cRIPticon

AstroMan said:

And this bug did not cripple all PS3's either. You are just silly. Not being overly harsh, just completely unreasonable or objective.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Keyser Soze said:
backwardgImage1.jpg

:lol

darkwing

badcrumble said:
Are trophies earned during the downtime still not showing up? I think I might be SOL on the find all alfheims/complete all alfheims trophy in Bayonetta :( :(

Sony did say not to turn on the phats

DMeisterJ

Banned
AstroMan said:

:lol

Jamesvanderbeekdawsonscreek.gif

CozMick

Banned
AstroMan said:

Yeah because this issue will eventually be sorted, whereas the RRoD kills the 360.

Some people :lol :lol :lol

darkwing

BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine

glad you found the battery :D

expy

Banned
AstroMan said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Oh you....

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BobTheFork said:
Ok, last update.

PS3 running again.
Got on PSN fine
played Heavy Rain fine
Theme are all ok
No corrupted saves
Earned a trophy fine

Good to know. CRISIS AVERTED.

Danielsan

shagg_187 said:
Some people would love to buy a new console than wait for it to fix itself on it's own...
People who buy a new PS3 will be unaffected. :\

Astroman is a hilarious troll.
Yup, not playing games on my PS3 for a day= the terrible shit I had to go through for microsoft to fix my RRoD 360.
It took them more than 3 fucking weeks and all I got in return was a month of XboxLive and a refurbed system that would later die as well...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Can we please stop with the systems failures wars please?

Actually, keep going, we have 4 hrs left and I need entertainment.

My friend's Fat 40GB (non BC) is working fine. He said that he accidentally left it on all night (i.e. it was on before, during and after this outbreak). Clock and everything is fine for him.

Chuckie

I guess I am safe... when I got home I checked the serial, it was CECHL04... and I couldn't resist.... I managed for an hour.... and then I had to turn my PS3 on. Date was set 1/3, trophies synced. So I guess (hope) I'm in the clear.

AstroMan said:

You are nuts man. Have fun being a Junior for a long long time.

You know when they say 'don't turn on your PS3', is that don't turn it on so the light is green and the machine is active and doing shit. Or 'Don't turn it on' at the back and leave it on standby sucking the world dry while it isn't doing anything on standby with a red light?

As I left mine on standby overnight :lol

Dedication Through Light said:
Yeah thats my model too, though did he log off and back on?

Is that the CECHJ03 model?

I played Gravity Crash so you can play a downloaded PSN game fine. IF you mean can I download a new one play it I don't know, I'm not going to buy a new game right now.

About trophies, I can't check if ones I earned during downtime are fine because I couldn't play during the downtime. IF you are asking if the most recent ones I earn before the downtime are ok then yes they are and the reason people might no be seeing them if because they were moved to the bottom of the trophy list. Im checking the time stamp on THOSE trophies right now....and those are fine. It think I played white knight chronicles last because it think I tried to play it when the clock was reset, but I see no ill effects or miss time stamps.

edit: FLOW is not free...yet

darkwing said:
yeah for some reason the thread is dying down :(
People are taking naps until 12:00am GMT until they have to post in outrage for the bug not working itself out. Even nerds have to sleep.

[EDIT] I am not making fun of anyone in this thread btw, I am a PS3 owner trying to play some Super Street Fighter II HDR this morning and No Joy!

expy

Banned
Chriswok said:
You know when they say 'don't turn on your PS3', is that don't turn it on so the light is green and the machine is active and doing shit. Or 'Don't turn it on' at the back and leave it on standby sucking the world dry while it isn't doing anything on standby with a red light?

Don't turn it on = don't use the game-os (green light).

cRIPticon said:
Sony never said that. Where did you read this an as official statement from Sony?

Goodness...everyone going crazy over a clock bug. Inconvenient? Sure. Somethign to rage at? How silly.

An unforeseen calendar bug in a secondary level system component vs the highest breakage rate of consoles in the history of the video game industry. These are equal? WORST stealth fanboy rant ever.

Whoah, whoah, whoah, Im not stating it as fact, I am just curious.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Chriswok said:

The internal clock keeps moving no matter if it has power to it, so on, standby, off, or unplugged it still moves. The whole not turning it on thing is referencing the corruption of data/themes, and losing trophy data methinks.

Top Bottom