• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

N30RYU said:
15qp8y9.gif
:lol

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
I wonder if the systems will be able to connect to the PSN tho. They won't be fucked up themselves, but their internal clock still won't match the server clock. hmm...

that's why I'm saying this won't fix itself that easily, the system clock will always be off compared to that of the PSN servers, I don't understand the "valid date" explanation, 29th February is a valid date... unless they're fixing the PSN servers so when a "dumb, senile and phat" PS3 attempts to log in the servers do the extra math to even things out, or Sony releases a FW to put the system clock in its fucking place.

I'm still worried, my PS3 is on and the clock keeps moving forward so randomly, freezing for a while, then moving forward 2 minutes in one second... what if this bug just crashed the internal clock? the only fix would be the battery thingy right? I'm looking for my screw drivers now.

This is the BOTY! Bug of the Year! :p

I haven't turned on my slim today because I have been following this thread and haven't checked if the 80gb PS3 is affected in my brothers room.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobTheFork said:
Holy Shit! IT worked

wow, I wasn't expecting it work honestly but I'm back one the PSN. Of course I still have 2 screw sitting here. I sear that always happens. Dust free and running smooth

So if you are bored and impatient then go for it.
BTW I found my CMOS battery at the right front of the console not the right back like the pictures. It was on the under side on the console, I had to take more screw out of the main plate and lift the whole insides up and there it was under the power switches
Thanks for the help everyone, time for WKC

I suspected it all along. I can prove it. :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20033800&postcount=848

What about your corrupted data Bob? Did you have any? Were they fixed as well?

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
that's why I'm saying this won't fix itself that easily, the system clock will always be off compared to that of the PSN servers, I don't understand the "valid date" explanation, 29th February is a valid date... unless they're fixing the PSN servers so when a "dumb, senile and phat" PS3 attempts to log in the servers do the extra math to even things out, or Sony releases a FW to put the system clock in its fucking place.

I'm still worried, my PS3 is on and the clock keeps moving forward so randomly, freezing for a while, then moving forward 2 minutes in one second... what if this bug just crashed the internal clock? the only fix would be the battery thingy right? I'm looking for my screw drivers now.

29th feb is a valid date.
29th feb 2010 is not :p

XiaNaphryz said:
Has this speculated info been posted yet? Aside from confirming the system clock issue and the battery solution.
This indeed sounds like the only solution for people who want to play right now. As I said 30+ pages ago, the reason my fat is still alive is because it YLOD-ed on me a few days ago, and I had removed the battery and reflowed the Cell. Removing the battery reset the clock and I had to manually enter it.

Those who know how to open up the PS3 should do so and remove battery for 10 minutes or so. Those who don't know how to open up the PS3 should do so if they have ever built their own PC (youtube tutorials on how to open up the PS3).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well... How about Peggle then? :p

Free Peggle is awesome.

BobTheFork said:
Holy Shit! IT worked

wow, I wasn't expecting it work honestly but I'm back one the PSN. Of course I still have 2 screw sitting here. I swear that always happens. Dust free and running smooth

So if you are bored and impatient then go for it.
BTW I found my CMOS battery at the right front of the console not the right back like the pictures. It was on the under side on the console, I had to take more screw out of the main plate and lift the whole insides up and there it was under the power switches
Thanks for the help everyone, time for WKC

do you have to detatch the battery (from wiring), or just remove it from where it sits, wait, & then reseat it?...

Afrikan

XiaNaphryz said:
The OP should be updated with the PSN blog update on Sony confirming it's a system clock issue and that a fix is "on the way."

Is it possible for Sony to get an infected 60gig launch unit, hack their system clock and move it up to about 5mins before "midnight"....and just watch to see if the system corrected itself......or are they forced to really just sitting around with their Arc's crossed waiting and hoping this fix itself by midnight?

Struct09

XiaNaphryz said:
Has this speculated info been posted yet? Aside from confirming the system clock issue and the battery solution.

I call BS. If it was the same issue that the Zunes had, Sony engineers would have seen it coming.

So far it looks ok. I didn't lose my WKC trophies after all, they just got moved to the bottom of the list. I'm going to try and earn a easy trophy to make sure that still works as well.

Keyser Soze said:
You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.

It turns out it's man.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobTheFork said:
So far it looks ok. I didn't lose my WKC trophies after all, they just got moved to the bottom of the list. I'm going to try and earn a easy trophy to make sure that still works as well.

Did you have any corrupted data? Like Themes? Are they fine now?

just got back from trying to exchange my fat for a slim with extended warranty..no go :(

apparently the warranty means that they SEND IT IN FOR SERVICE to Sony first, to see if they can fix it, if not, only THEN do you get a new unit. fuck that shit.

snap0212

PlayStation.Blog said:
We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.
Could anyone explain what this could mean, please? :/

cRIPticon

semiconscious said:
do you have to detatch the battery (from wiring), or just remove it from where it sits, wait, & then reseat it?...

:lol If you are asking this question, please just reassemble your PS3 and wait for the fix from Sony. Seriously, think about what you asked... :):):)

manzo

Garret said:
According to my PS3 it's 12/31/1999, 8:43 PM. Yay, New Year's Eve! It's time for my resolutions and for my being young again!

*turn on PS3*

OH FUCK I'M 18 AGAIN OH SWEET GOD YESS

PSGames

darkwing said:
guys, the CMOS battery fix worked 100%, this GMT fix will work as well, meaning your system will be back as it was once before this lulz

Taking a battery out and this chip fixing itself on it's on are two completely different things.

BobTheFork said:
That was fun and informative. I'm seeing if all my trophies are still there.

This is the important part. So it seems everything will fix itself but will there be any aftermath. Will the trophies be there, will the corrupted files work, etc.

semiconscious said:

Removing the wire is easier because some batteries are soldered in (I might be wrong). Remove the battery wire, wait for 10 minutes and reconnect it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The free game (if they give one out) will be flOw. Everyone already has it for free already and they get the nice PR saying they care about their PS3 owners without losing much money already.

Top Bottom