• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Since this messes with the copyright drm of downloaded games off psn, as someone insisted, will the date change fix this or will it require reauthenucation after it's fixed? I can only imagine the fallout from all the psn sharers if they no longer have access to accounts that they have borrowed for sharing

I used to be in a sharing group here on gaf, but had to sell my original ps3 hence losing all my shared stuff (I was dumb for not having the foresight to remove my ps3 from the accounts prior to selling it"

Raist

Banned
I wonder if the systems will be able to connect to the PSN tho. They won't be fucked up themselves, but their internal clock still won't match the server clock. hmm...

savor100

alr1ghtstart said:
j67hqe.jpg

It's not confirmed yet...

Roland

Ranger X said:
Yeah, but it seems they can't play games on any other consoles if only for a little 24 hours...
To be honest, I find the ApocalyPS3 more entertaining than Mass Effect 2 or Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

alr1ghtstart said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/j67hqe.jpg[/QUOTE]
is this when the PS3 officially becomes the Jesus console?

the buttload of Christian paintings with PS3's superimposed over Jesus will be sizable.

[QUOTE=Zombie James]I'll laugh if this thread hits 200 pages for what amounts to a one day issue.[/QUOTE]
but it's so entertaining.

Salz01 said:
I dont understand the 'they should do something for us' mentality. Sure I dont like it, I have Heavy Rain and can not play it. Its frustrating yes, but since I've had the PS3, and paid 500 bones for it. I'm surprised this was the first big issue. Drop in the bucket, considering all the uptime since the start time of the service. I'll take this over a hardware of death failure any day.
Don't tell me you'd turn down a free PSN game though.

I know I'm not entitled to anything. However I think it would be a show of good faith on Sony's part.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Neuromancer said:
I'm here half for the lulz and half because I'm pissed I can't play Heavy Fucking Rain.

here for the lulz, but come 12 gmt and it's broken, here for the rage.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ranger X said:
Yeah, but it seems they can't play games on any other consoles if only for a little 24 hours...

A lot of them never liked the Wii and sold their 360 because it kept breaking right?

cRIPticon

LM4sure said:
:lol

Well that's not good. I don't like calling it a "clock issue" because no one cares about the clock. People care about what's affected. Your games are affected. My PSN is affected. So lets title it aptly.

Wrong. I can connect to the store from the PSP, can see the info on my browser, the CLOCK issue in my launch PS3 is preventing me from getting access to PSN on it. It is a CLOCK issue, not a PSN issue. You want a more broad excuse, ok. It's a PS3 Phat issue, not a PSN one. There.

Can you imagine being a customer service rep for Sony right now? Can you imagine the tons of people that don't check online sites taking their "broken" PS3's to Best Buys/Wal-Marts/Gamestops all over the country right now?

Yikes.

Durante

Zombie James said:
I'll laugh if this thread hits 200 pages for what amounts to a one day issue.
We don't know that yet.

Anyway, it sucks that this happened when I'm actually using my PS3 for the first time this year (for the VC DLC).

cory

Banned
I have CECHK, which is the 80GB model without BC that doesn't work right now.
I guess they were moving old stock when I got one, since I got it in Dec. 08.

Bert

Missus is out for the night, was planning to get some serious Heavy Rain in tonight.

What's the worst that can happen is I turn on my launch 60GB? 'cos there's a chance it'll work right? right?

darkwing

damn, the effect of not playing video games for 24H is really something case study of the century!!! this thread is proof!!!

We're all fine, we're all fine
We fit together like nickles on a dime
We're so good, we're so nice
We talk the mumbo jumbo Greenwich Mean Time

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
I wonder if the systems will be able to connect to the PSN tho. They won't be fucked up themselves, but their internal clock still won't match the server clock. hmm...

Have you ever noticed when you first turn on a brand new system that it asks you to insert the current date while displaying an old one (like 1/1/2000)? That old date is technically the one the system keeps tracking despite the actual date you typed in.

If you keep it as it is (1/1/2000) and try to connect, you log in just fine.

Hence, it doesn't matter what date the clock chip believe it is. As long as that date does exist, you are fine.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Keyser Soze said:
You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.

The_Scary_Door.jpg
I don't want to, I'm scared.

Seriously though, I know this will most likely sort itself out, but the suspense is actually quite palpable. I also notice how people cannot determine the difference between a hardware and network error, although to be fair SCE did seem to allude to this being a PSN error earlier in the day.

I still haven't gotten a PS3 yet, decided to go with a new computer instead (Master race here), but that really sucks guys :( Hopefully it's fixed by tomorrow because this is some major bullshit. So you guys can't even play games at all? Or it has something to do with trophies?

Phatcorns

alr1ghtstart said:
here for the lulz, but come 12 gmt and it's broken, here for the rage.

I promote this comment. And I just got the ff13 import and I can't play it. Well I had already logged 5 hours in it, but dammit I don't have work today.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Exano said:
Me! However I do believe our PS3 was on when the date change happen.

I turned it on March 1 2:00 AM I believe, weird. :p

Anyway, anyone think this thread will go over 7000 posts in 6 hours?

Cornbread78

I guess it's time for everyone to go out and buy a slim.... Good luck finding one right now... the shelves are empty everywhere. It never hurts to have an extra lying around

Top Bottom