• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

I am probably super LTTP, but.. I have a 60g, and it works all fine. PSN, trophies, offline (Heavy Rain) and online games (MW2). Should I stop using it in case it breaks, or am I part of a lucky group of people for whom everything will go fine?

SecretBonusPoint said:
You have to enjoy the irony that its the "Clock Battery" responsible for all this. The old overlapping Battery Charge/Clock XMB problem wasn't a GUI error. It was a warning!

The Mayans ....its all so clear now..

Madman

darkwing said:
these doesn't work, only the CMOS battery thingy and this GMT thingy :D
I haven't seen anyone say they actually tried it. And trying to find that information in the various massive threads all over the place would be hard.

But thanks for responding anyways.

As a side, the SonyPlaystation twitter account is getting a huge amount of followers now. 1 new follower a second or more seemingly. :lol

Oozinator

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Sony are waiting, and drinking Mohitio's while reclining in deck chairs
WTF man, I've seen you in this thread all day long :lol , where do you live ? go have some sleep

334jf4k.gif

cedric69

Nice clusterfuck of a problem. All in all, I don't think Sony deserves the problem fixing itself.

Let's see how they solve this the hard way. It's gonna be funnier.

PS
I own a PS3 fat. :lol

W1SSY

itxaka said:
I think it's impossible to make a firmware, test it on all models and release it when they can investigate the issue to make a good patch in 2/3 days and let the thing resolve in 6 hours.

Sems like a bold thing to do, they could introduce worst bugs for launching it without proper testing :S

I can't see them releasing a patch if it does fix itself because they would have to rush the patch which could lead to more problems.

They will have to find a solution at some time so this will not happen again though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Xater said:
Despite popular belief, the people on NeoGAF actually play games!

Haha.. Or we like to bitch about not being able to play games that we would otherwise not play.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Madman

harriet the spy said:
I am probably super LTTP, but.. I have a 60g, and it works all fine. PSN, trophies, offline (Heavy Rain) and online games (MW2). Should I stop using it in case it breaks, or am I part of a lucky group of people for whom everything will go fine?
Yup, you're probably completely fine. -.-

Not 100% sure, but so far that's the way it seems.

epmode

ULTROS! said:
For those who are in Japan/Asia and who's PS3 had the clock problem. Is your PS3 fixed now? It's March 2 1:54 AM here (Hong Kong time).
*shakes head*

readthegoddamnedthread.gif

DMPrince said:
what are the odds that the clock will go to February 30? :lol. and then February 31st. :lol.
sooooo not funny. :D

Talamius said:
So who gets to be the guinea pig at 12:00AM GMT?
idunno, but i'm reading FAIL gifs just in case 0:00GMT = still broken PS3's.

RbBrdMan said:
I think they have one guy staring at a clock, when that clock strikes 00:00 GMT that one guy will send a confirmed or denied email.
:lol :lol :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh, I didn't know it was GMT based, my bad. :lol

TTP said:
So simple to understand, and yet we are at page 109 :lol
We don't know for sure that it will jump back to march 2010 though, it very well could just start counting from where it is in 1999 for all we know.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mandoric said:
So, is this more or less embarassing than the 360s that couldn't download game patches or the update to NXE because they didn't have NXE? It's certainly a lot more amusing. :lol

It's neither. It's different. Not being able to play most of your games (besides not being able to connect to the PSN) is what freaks most off. Had this be a simple PSN issue (no online for 24hr, but games work fine), we wouldn't have this thread nor the news headline.

Of course RROD is worse than this, but it doesn't affect millions of systems simultaneously, hence every failure it goes by without a blink in the media. Just like YLOD.

xero273

ULTROS! said:
For those who are in Japan/Asia and who's PS3 had the clock problem. Is your PS3 fixed now? It's March 2 1:54 AM here (Hong Kong time).

I believe the system clock for those ps3s are still at feb 29. You'll have to wait until tonight for the answer

Danielsan

Dreams-Visions said:
we can call it the Sony Gamer's Holiday.

magkevinbutl.jpg

"Sony encourages you to take every 4th March 1st off to go play outside. We recommend walks, bike rides, and enjoying women."
Also thanks for posting this image.
Didn't know there was a Kevin Butler MAG commercial.
Soooo good. :lol

Struct09

I can only imagine the hell that the consumer service reps and software/hardware engineers are going through right now. May you guys land on your feet after this is over.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
polyh3dron said:
We don't know for sure that it will jump back to march 2010 though, it very could just start counting from where it is in 1999 for all we know.

That wouldn't be a problem either since whatever the date the inner clock thinks it is, it will match with software calendar expectations and be overlapped with the actual time.

Madman said:
Yup, you're probably completely fine. -.-

Not 100% sure, but so far that's the way it seems.

Pheww. Not sure what i did to be one of the lucky ones, but I feel bad for those affected.

At least it happened at the end of the weekend. If it had been on a friday..

Salz01

As a 'Fat' PS3 owner, I dont expect 'freebies' coming. Since the PSN is a 'free' service and we dont need to pay to use it.

ULTROS!

So uh... Who's pre-Slim PS3 wasn't affected by the disaster?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.

The_Scary_Door.jpg

Top Bottom