• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

golem

polyh3dron said:
We don't know for sure that it will jump back to march 2010 though, it very could just start counting from where it is in 1999 for all we know.
Yeah, it's been shown that the clock doesnt have a problem with what time it actually is (by the battery trick). Something happened in the changeover, and the clocks are completely off from reality, a new day doesnt really sound like it will fix it because the clocks will still be off. We may be fucked.

Struct09 said:
I can only imagine the hell that the consumer service reps and software/hardware engineers are going through right now. May you guys land on your feet after this is over.

And those responsible for actually designing, producing and selling the clock component are completely hidden from the press and internet spectacle.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
shagg_187 said:
Anyone wants to take a shot at this one.... Starts with a G and ends with a T.

EDIT: ^^^ You win!! :p

Actually, it ends with an "e."

Evlar

Banned
agaru said:
Wait until there's 15 minutes or less to midnight GMT. It will explode.
10 pages per minute of "Is it midnight yet?" And "ZOMG!! I've flipped my PS3 on and off twenty-five times since my last post and it's still down!! WTF Sony"

AstroMan

Banned
Just finished playing God of War for the day. So good.

Is this fixed yet or will it be soon? It's 1pm here and my twitter is full of raging.

shinki

Neo Member
LM4sure said:
PSN is down for me. Ok, it's a "clock issue." But what's affected? PSN. So to me, it's a PSN issue. Semantics.

If your car breaks down is the store closed just because you can't get there?

BruceWayneIII said:
*raises hand*
I didn't know about it when I turned it on. I was blissfully unaware of this bug, turn it on to play some Super Street Fighter HD and maybe a match of Metal Gear Online or CoD before class this morning and nothing would work. That is when my terror came into play upon looking at Gaf with a thread on the front page with 75+ pages of replies.... :(

So the PS3 has sent itself back in time, to save John Conner and stop Cyberdyne systems from creating Skynet, on way setting a memo up and leaving behind its Cell Processor so Sony can start manfacturing PS3s... ARRRGH MY BRAIN.

Yeef

Prediction: The issue will auto-fix itself at Midnight GMT, but so many people will be logging on to check that the PSN tubes will be clogged.

lljride

Can't wait to see how this all plays out. I was signed into PSN on my 60gb when the shit went down (didn't get signed out or anything), and after I turned it off is when I saw this topic. No idea if mine is affected or not, sounds like I might've dodged a bullet since I have a refurbed PS3 (original YLOD'd).

Glad I quit playing when I did either way, I was about to get the 8 skill max trophy in White Knight Chronicles, that took me about 50-60 hours of just grinding levels (not to mention the other 20 or so playing normally). I would've been pissed if I got that trophy and found out it wouldn't sync.

Garjon

My launch 60GB is staying firmly in its off position :( Especially since Sony probably won't have it fixed before 12:lol

sankt-Antonio said:
hmmmm

... stay at home for some awsome gaf melt-down or go to a party??? ...
Go to the party, that way you'll have some epic reading to help nurse your hangover ;)

Fugu

Salz01 said:
As a 'Fat' PS3 owner, I dont expect 'freebies' coming. Since the PSN is a 'free' service and we dont need to pay to use it.
But your PS3 wasn't free, and right now it can't do anything. The lack of consumer outrage is a little unusual, especially considering the fact that the PS3 is not cheap.

Salz01 said:
As a 'Fat' PS3 owner, I dont expect 'freebies' coming. Since the PSN is a 'free' service and we dont need to pay to use it.
It's not just PSN. It's not being able to play offline games either for maybe a 24 hour + period, for no legitimate reason.

Sony really should do something for us.

Ashes

Banned
theBishop said:
The timing is a bit suspicious considering the massive playstation.com overhaul over the weekend. And I also noticed my portable ID looks different:

thebishop.png

(used to be dark)

hmm.... but servers are different all over the world. How can so many servers be affected at the same time?

Leap year thing might just be a red herring. But I think Its the most simple reason and in my view the most probable.

I'm on GMT time, and there's 6 hours exactly to go. :/

Salz01 said:

At least give me back my couple of activations that I lost from broken ps3's.

Talamius

agaru said:
Wait until there's 15 minutes or less to midnight GMT. It will explode.

I predict the 500 errors will bring GAF to it's knees long before that. Maybe we should look into a temporary IRC channel. :lol

Kusagari

Sony's "We hope to Fix this in the next 24 hours" makes me really think that this isn't going to change when the clock hits the next day.

Chrange

Banned
Salz01 said:

I'm pretty sure I paid for the games I can't currently play, and there are an awful lot of pissed off people on scorehero who'd like to talk to you about Rock Band DLC...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Salz01 said:

PSN IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

If they can't fix the problem and my launch PS3 is bricked I better get a "free" PS3 slim and something to make up for the loss of BC.

I think they'll be able to fix it, for the record.

Yeef said:
Prediction: The issue will auto-fix itself at Midnight GMT, but so many people will be logging on to check that the PSN tubes will be clogged.
Prediction: if the issue does not resolve itself at Midnight GMT, the volume of brand new GIFs populating web forums across internets will break the internet backbone.

Evlar

Banned
Fugu said:
But your PS3 wasn't free, and right now it can't do anything. The lack of consumer outrage is a little unusual, especially considering the fact that the PS3 is not cheap.
I'm at work. Since I wouldn't be playing my PS3 before 0:00 GMT anyway this issue is actually fabricating entertainment for me via a hilarious GAF thread I can peruse in the office. Thanks, Sony!

Kusagari said:
Sony's "We hope to Fix this in the next 24 hours" makes me really think that this isn't going to change when the clock hits the next day.

Standard PR speak versus them saying definitively the issue will be fixed at midnight GMT.

Chrange said:
I'm pretty sure I paid for the games I can't currently play, and there are an awful lot of pissed off people on scorehero who'd like to talk to you about Rock Band DLC...

It's a 24-hour issue, relax. I've had power and internet outages that have lasted longer.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The OP should be updated with the PSN blog update on Sony confirming it's a system clock issue and that a fix is "on the way."

larvi

TTP said:
It's neither. It's different. Not being able to play most of your games (besides not being able to connect to the PSN) is what freaks most off. Had this be a simple PSN issue (no online for 24hr, but games work fine), we wouldn't have this thread nor the news headline.

Of course RROD is worse than this, but it doesn't affect millions of systems simultaneously, hence every failure it goes by without a blink in the media. Just like YLOD.

I see this more akin to the Zune new years eve issue or the Intel pentium fdiv bug. It's how they address it going forward will be the most telling. Microsoft acknowledge the bug and had a patch ready to address it quickly so it was quickly forgotten. OTOH, Intel tried to take the stance that the issue wasn't a big deal and didn't provide a fix until much much later so they got a big black eye from the incident that took a while for them to overcome.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Keyser Soze said:
Bitches need to realize the OS clock is different from the system clock, Bitches need to realize this quick
but what if it still thinks its 2000!!! then the OS CLOCK WONT KNOW IT EXISTS

Salz01

I dont understand the 'they should do something for us' mentality. Sure I dont like it, I have Heavy Rain and can not play it. Its frustrating yes, but since I've had the PS3, and paid 500 bones for it. I'm surprised this was the first big issue. Drop in the bucket, considering all the uptime since the start time of the service. I'll take this over a hardware of death failure any day.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
XiaNaphryz said:
The OP should be updated with the PSN blog update on Sony confirming it's a system clock issue and that a fix is "on the way."
They'll roll it out at 12:00 GMT. Just wait and see.

Just picked up Heavy Rain and was going to bosh through it tonight since I don't have college tomorrow. What a fucking piss take. Ruined my whole evening.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Meier said:
This thread got referenced in the PC World article discussing the problem. The Master Race shall be pleased.

I hope they said we were a mob like Kotaku did.

Salz01 said:
I dont understand the 'they should do something for us' mentality. Sure I dont like it, I have Heavy Rain and can not play it. Its frustrating yes, but since I've had the PS3, and paid 500 bones for it. I'm surprised this was the first big issue. Drop in the bucket, considering all the uptime since the start time of the service. I'll take this over a hardware of death failure any day.

The PS3 isn't functioning as they advertise. XBL had problems a few years ago when it was down for a week or so. Microsoft gave out a free game to make up for it, I have no doubt Sony will offer a free game too if they're smart. And I bet that free game will be flOw

Top Bottom