• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Madman

Has anyone tried:

Switching the daylight savings setting in the PS3?

Using one or all of the options in the recovery menu?

I think I'm not going to bother posting this again. :lol

NomarTyme

navanman said:
Jesus, this thread is sure moving fast. Must be the quickest thread of the year.
I say we lock this thread at 00:30 GMT, if everything returns to normal for all PS3 users worldwide.
I think Neogaf should lock this thread if hits 00:30 GMT and he still has the problem. :lol

confuziz

Banned
Y2Kev said:
here you go, the new february calendar

funday.jpg

haha brilliant!

Well my wife and I watched a few blu-rays last night to test out our new 42" Plasma. Hopefully that doesn't screw me over in the end of all this now that Sony says not to turn on the phat PS3s.

itxaka

Defeatist
LM4sure said:
What games? I played a couple last night. Granted, I couldn't play Modern Warfare 2 online, but that is to be expected given the situation with PSN.

That just-released Heavy Rain game. And probably others. I know that all of my downloaded games have lost the copyright information thus not being able to be played.

TTP said:
No, they are waiting around totally sure it's gonna fix itself.

What I don't know, is how they are gonna deal with corrupted data if the auto-fix doesn't auto-fix that as well.

Are you serious TTP or being sarcastic? How do you know they are just waiting around?

Baha

navanman said:
Jesus, this thread is sure moving fast. Must be the quickest thread of the year.
I say we lock this thread at 00:30 GMT, if everything returns to normal for all PS3 users worldwide.

I say we should duel to the death over who gets to use their avatar. Guns at 00:00 GMT?

Aginor

Neo Member
LM4sure said:
What games? I played a couple last night. Granted, I couldn't play Modern Warfare 2 online, but that is to be expected given the situation with PSN.

*YAWN* you really are becoming your own idiotic legend

Briarios

Are we really sure it will fix itself? Won't the date automatically be forced to the wrong date because the clock believes there is an extra day in the year? I'm not a programmer, so I've got no clue - but, it seems like all calculations following that day would be screwed up without some sort of fix.

PSN down is a symptom
The OS clock reset to 1999 is a symptom
Trophies missing is a symptom

The problem is the system clock thinks it is Feb 29 2010, which is impossible, and the system clock is forcing this idea AS FACT on other parts of the PS3 interworkings. The PS3 will not get fixed until the system clock registers a date that it actually possible - although may not be correct - that date is March 1st 2010, which be PS3 will move to March 2nd 2010

Cornbread78

Dreams-Visions said:
we can call it the Sony Gamer's Holiday.

magkevinbutl.jpg

"Sony encourages you to take every 4th March 1st off to go play outside. We recommend walks, bike rides, and enjoying women."

OMFG, Luv it!

see5harp

DeadGzuz said:
Look if you are going to troll at least get some facts correct. It is not a PSN issue. BTW Live was down for about a month a while back, what did MS do? They gave out some crappy XBL game, but like many others I found out about the free game after they shut the door to get it. Yea $50/year...

Yea live was down for an entire month.......no. Regardless, PSN is fine as you said, it's just the entire system designed on the PS3 to utilize their network is garbage. People should be making that distinction, I agree.

well...it's 2:43am in Japan. that's pretty late.

how many people do you think they have working on this out there? or could the European division be working on it now?

darkwing

Madman said:
Has anyone tried:

Switching the daylight savings setting in the PS3?

Using one or all of the options in the recovery menu?

I think I'm not going to bother posting this again. :lol

these doesn't work, only the CMOS battery thingy and this GMT thingy :D

LM4sure

Banned
itxaka said:
That just-released Heavy Rain game. And probably others. I know that all of my downloaded games have lost the copyright information thus not being able to be played.

:lol

Well that's not good. I don't like calling it a "clock issue" because no one cares about the clock. People care about what's affected. Your games are affected. My PSN is affected. So lets title it aptly.

Aginor said:
Not for slim owners how they gloat on launch 60's now :)

I do have to say I am glad that I upgraded to the slim back in August. This post reminds me of my original picture I took though when I had both systems together:

fatslim.jpg

Reluctant-Hero said:
Well my wife and I watched a few blu-rays last night to test out our new 42" Plasma. Hopefully that doesn't screw me over in the end of all this now that Sony says not to turn on the phat PS3s.

Just turning it on won't do anything. You have to do something like try and access the store, play an online game, play DLC, or play one of the newer games that does that weird "trophy loading" thing before the game starts. Even then, your only risk is that local trophies that haven't been synced to the network may be lost. Dynamic themes may be corrupted, but those can just be re-downloaded from the store.

NomarTyme

Dreams-Visions said:

how many people do you think they have working on this out there? or could the European division be working on it now?
Yes they are.

Mandoric

Banned
So, is this more or less embarassing than the 360s that couldn't download game patches or the update to NXE because they didn't have NXE? It's certainly a lot more amusing. :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Goddamn it! WHY NOW SONY? WHY?

I was going to play some Heavy rain, as I finally had yesterday evening off, and today morning. And I will have to be out of the apartment at 5pm. This is like... intentional. My girlfriend was going to start her game of Dragon Age too, and I was looking forward to that!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
THIS THREAD HAS 5000++ POSTS IN ONE DAY

carazy

Ashour

jeffrubenstein said:
PS3 slim is good to go, older models should be fine within 24 hrs. Leave em off until then.
:lol you guys weren't kidding. They are just gonna wait for it to fix it self.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Keyser Soze said:
PSN down is a symptom
The OS clock reset to 1999 is a symptom
Trophies missing is a symptom

The problem is the system clock thinks it is Feb 29 2010, which is impossible, and the system clock is forcing this idea AS FACT on other parts of the PS3 interworkings. The PS3 will not get fixed until the system clock registers a date that it actually possible - although may not be correct - that date is March 1st 2010, which be PS3 will move to March 2nd 2010

So simple to understand, and yet we are at page 109 :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
BruceLeeRoy said:
Are you serious TTP or being sarcastic? How do you know they are just waiting around?

I think it's impossible to make a firmware, test it on all models and release it when they can investigate the issue to make a good patch in 2/3 days and let the thing resolve in 6 hours.

Sems like a bold thing to do, they could introduce worst bugs for launching it without proper testing :S

Evlar

Banned
Briarios said:
Are we really sure it will fix itself? Won't the date automatically be forced to the wrong date because the clock believes there is an extra day in the year? I'm not a programmer, so I've got no clue - but, it seems like all calculations following that day would be screwed up without some sort of fix.
Yes, but the PS3 may still work fine with the day off by one. It's a difference in kind between a calendar error that's off by a day (March 1 instead of March 2) and a calendar error that produces an impossible date (February 29, 2010 or June 45, 2010 or April Q, 2010).

Dreams-Visions said:

Sony are waiting, and drinking Mohitio's while reclining in deck chairs

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dreams-Visions said:

I think they have one guy staring at a clock, when that clock strikes 00:00 GMT that one guy will send a confirmed or denied email.

what are the odds that the clock will go to February 30? :lol. and then February 31st. :lol.

I hope this doesn't delay my psn update on thursday.

Not sure if this has been posted, but its from the PSblog

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

Ponn01 said:
I just don't understand why people are cracking open their PS3's to remove the CMOS battery. Can't you people wait 8 hours? What is that goddamn important that you have to go through all that and potentially make it worse for yourself? Chill out people, take a breather, go outside or something.

Holy fucking shit you CANNOT be that dense.

It's like the people that call DSL tech support when their computer won't come on complaining they can't get online and its the internet providers fault expecting them to fix it.
Ah the memories I have of people doing this when I did tech support for Charter, and they fully believed it too..or people getting their first pc and wanting us to teach them how to use it

notworksafe

LM4sure said:
:lol

Well that's not good. I don't like calling it a "clock issue" because no one cares about the clock. People care about what's affected. Your games are affected. My PSN is affected. So lets title it aptly.

It seems to be just games with trophies and downloaded games that require a DRM check that aren't working. I was able to boot up my non trophy games without issue last night.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
sankt-Antonio said:
hmmmm

... stay at home for some awsome gaf melt-down or go to a party??? ...

Home home home.. This is the most addicted I've been to a GAF thread in ages. What a wasted day I've had.

Fugu

Evlar said:
Yes, but the PS3 may still work fine with the day off by one. It's a difference in kind between a calendar error that's off by a day (March 1 instead of March 2) and a calendar error that produces an impossible date (February 29, 2010 or June 45, 2010 or April Q, 2010).
My watch thought it was April Q once. Needless to say I was late for work...

Top Bottom