• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

cory

Banned
Last week I had the strangest dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemd
Where there was never any mystery
Of who messed up all the PS3's
It was just a just a bug in the hardware code
Some programmer thought it was leap year mode
Now were stuck in the past about 10 years
And we can't play any games in that December

Don't wake me till it's 7 eastern
Don't wake me till it's 7 eastern

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Some of you fanboys are fucking dense. Who gives a shit why people are having issues? Don't give a shit if it is or isn't PSN. Don't care if you can log in with a slim or not. I only care that my shit doesn't work and wan't it fixed. Can't believe I spent $600 on this shit.

Hi. calm down

t1267487940z0.png

ok I got to it and I can make instruction if need be, but now what do I do exactly.
I unplug it then what
Turn the system on and off
or wait for 10 mintues

edit this fun BTW

LowParry

Some of you fanboys are fucking dense. Who gives a shit why people are having issues? Don't give a shit if it is or isn't PSN. Don't care if you can log in with a slim or not. I only care that my shit doesn't work and wan't it fixed. Can't believe I spent $600 on this shit.

:lol

:lol

Dragon

Banned

I bet you look like a baby trying to drive a round block into a square hole right about now.

LM4sure said:
*yawn*

you're on ignore! w00t!

*yawn*

Lord Error said:
You really think anyone other than that one guy in this thread can be so stupid to think that a problem that won't let you login online or play some games, and that auto corrects itself after 24h, can be compared to massive permanent hardware failures?

Are you new to the Internet?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Jem Alexander - Social Media Manager said:
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please check either PlayStation.Blog, Twitter or PlayStation.com.

From the PSN blog.

Aginor

Neo Member

Well just wait till tommorrow if it works yay ! if not evidently it sucks to be you :(

LM4sure

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
PSN is working fine. PSN = PlayStation Network. The PlayStation Network is working. What isn't working is YOUR ability to ACCESS PSN. The thing you're connecting to, PlayStation Network, is up, functional, and working as normal. YOUR PS3 cannot connect to it, but it is up and working.

There is no problem with PSN. There is a problem with your PS3.

yes, like I said. semantics.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobTheFork said:
ok I got to it and I can make instruction if need be, but now what do I do exactly.
I unplug it then what
or wait for 10 mintues

The clock battery?

Unplug the battery. Wait 10 minutes. Put it back in. Close everything. Plug everything. Turn on and enjoy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BobTheFork said:
I unplug it then what
or wait for 10 mintues
wait ten minutes, plug CMOS back in, reassemble

DO NOT PLUG IT IN WHILE DISASSEMBLED JESUS BOB WE LOVE YOU TOO MUCH

Wait a minute... I was using my ps3 to play ps2 games this morning... Didn't get any real trouble except once.(Saved game). Hope they don't tell me I've borked my ps3.

I won't use it for today.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Someone save this for later.

So we just have to wait this out with no real fix? Wow, you're awesome Sony.

Dude. GTFO. No really, you're in the wrong forum. IGN forum is one tab away... some mods have nothing better to do but just sit around today and wait for the PS3 to be fixed, while they do, they will remember that the ban-hammer is under their bed...

Killthee said:
We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

What sucks about this is that if Sony doesn't figure out exactly what's causing this and has no solution in the next six hours, they'll lose their ability to recreate the problem and it'll probably happen again in two years.

gregor7777 said:
How long until the "This is RRoD levels of Failure" articles start showing up on major news sites?

I can't wait. :lol I haven't played a game on my PS3 in months, so waiting isn't an issue. I'm here for the public meltdown.

It's interesting how much you love to inform us that you're not playing games on your PS3 any chance you get.

TTP said:
The clock battery.

Unplug the battery. Wait 10 minutes. Put it back in. Close everything. Plug everything. Turn on and enjoy.
LOL I had to take part most of the PS3, anyone want to take bets on if it runs again when I'm done?

I could have waited but screw it I'm off work today

Baha

No, knowing why shit is broken prevents us from making the situation worse. So while many of you are panicking and throwing tantrums, the rest of us wait patiently knowing that the problem will resolve itself in less than 7 hours. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

gijoe.jpg

Raist said:
Nothing will happen. The date will be wrong and that's it. In 4 years tho, if they haven't done anything to fix it, it'll be fucked up again.
we can call it the Sony Gamer's Holiday.

magkevinbutl.jpg

"Sony encourages you to take every 4th March 1st off to go play outside. We recommend walks, bike rides, and enjoying women."

Ponn

Banned
I just don't understand why people are cracking open their PS3's to remove the CMOS battery. Can't you people wait 8 hours? What is that goddamn important that you have to go through all that and potentially make it worse for yourself? Chill out people, take a breather, go outside or something.

LM4sure said:
yes, like I said. semantics.

Holy fucking shit you CANNOT be that dense.

It's like the people that call DSL tech support when their computer won't come on complaining they can't get online and its the internet providers fault expecting them to fix it.

The Chef

Your kinda an idiot huh?

ymmv said:
I'm confused. Is this the time till the PS3 problem is fixed or when we can expect 500 errors??

Both, but you should not be on GAF for this glorious moment, bask in the glory of your PS3 rebirth!!

Fersis said:
Summary: PS3 slim is good to go, older models should be fine within 24 hrs. Leave em off until then.
jeffrubenstein - 1 min ago

It will fix itself, damm the PS3 is awesome!

Awesome!
That wording basically says, yeah it will fix itself. Otherwise he would of said, "We should have a fix within 24 hours:

BobTheFork said:
LOL I had to take part most of the PS3, anyone want to take bets on if it runs again when I'm done?

I could have waited but screw it I'm off work today
I appreciate your dedication, but why not have waited a few more hours to see if it resolves itself?

TheBranca18 said:
I bet you look like a baby trying to drive a round block into a square hole right about now.

*yawn*

lol yeah, that's what it feels like trying to even reply to some of the ridiculous posts in here. Square block, round hole.

Really, don't give a shit if you people can log into PSN with a slim or not. Couldn't give any less of a shit.

Top Bottom