• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Ponn01 said:
I just don't understand why people are cracking open their PS3's to remove the CMOS battery. Can't you people wait 8 hours?
I'm bored and felt like seeing my ps3 guts. ITs out of warrenty so what do you care?

EDIT BTW I think I set a world record for dust in a piece of hardware. No wonder tis thing sounds like a let dryer

Aginor

Neo Member
Roflcopterskates at the Waaaaambulance brigade and the merry cmos battery platoon all for the sake of waiting till tommorrow ,

Its official PS3 is more addictive than crack it does everything .............. everything

LM4sure

Banned
TheBranca18 said:
It's not semantics. PSN is not down, period. There is no difference in what he means and what you mean. PSN IS NOT DOWN.

PSN is down for me. Ok, it's a "clock issue." But what's affected? PSN. So to me, it's a PSN issue. Semantics.

Ilchymis

Dunno why there's not a list of "working" and "not working" PS3's in the OP, but for the record my 1st gen 60GB BC PS3 doesn't work. No trophy support & can't play games.

radioheadrule83 said:
If I'm in the UK how long do I have to wait before I can turn this thing on?

I'm glad I hadn't done it before reading this thread

Tunn on anytime to see if it is broken. If it is broken you can play demos, watch Blu-ray and play SOME games...

If your PS3 is already "broken" then turning it on will not help/hinder that///

Shit will get fixed...

t1267487940z0.png

Baha said:
No, knowing why shit is broken prevents us from making the situation worse. So while many of you are panicking and throwing tantrums, the rest of us wait patiently knowing that the problem will resolve itself in less than 7 hours. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

gijoe.jpg

Who wants a body massage?

snap0212

Seems like this will not be the year of the PS3. :(

The worst thing is that we now see how much content (that we paid for) will be unplayable when Sony fucks up again.

Vgamer

Ponn01 said:
I just don't understand why people are cracking open their PS3's to remove the CMOS battery. Can't you people wait 8 hours? What is that goddamn important that you have to go through all that and potentially make it worse for yourself? Chill out people, take a breather, go outside or something.

Ya its kind of crazy not to just wait 6 more hours to see if it fixes itself. Now if the system does not fix itself after that time then its a different matter but to void the warranty over an issue that may fix itself soon is not a good idea imo.

Dreams-Visions said:
we can call it the Sony Gamer's Holiday.

"Sony encourages you to take every 4th March 1st off to go play outside. We recommend walks, bike rides, and enjoying women."

:lol that's good.

I remember having to take my PS2 apart occasionally to fix DREs. Never thought I'd have to pull the PS3 apart. I've been kind of looking for an excuse to go inside but I'll probably still wait till tomorrow.

nodish2

Banned
I AM SO MAD AT SONY RIGHT NOW! WTF GUYS, FIX THIS SHIT OR I SWEAR I'LL BUY A 360. Oh wait, I own a slim, carry on then.

The Bookerman said:
Wait a minute... I was using my ps3 to play ps2 games this morning... Didn't get any real trouble except once.(Saved game). Hope they don't tell me I've borked my ps3.

I won't use it for today.

If you only played a PS2 game, I don't think you have to worry - except for a weird save date on that PS2 game.

TheBranca18 said:
It's not semantics. PSN is not down, period. There is no difference in what he means and what you mean. PSN IS NOT DOWN.

Semantics. If the internet is down for some computers that means that the internet is down globally. WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobTheFork said:
LOL I had to take part most of the PS3, anyone want to take bets on if it runs again when I'm done?

I could have waited but screw it I'm off work today

I have done it multiple times with my old YLOD'ed fat. It will run fine ;)

It's very easy system to disassemble/reassemble. It just has A LOT of screws.

LM4sure said:
PSN is down for me. Ok, it's a "clock issue." But what's affected? PSN. So to me, it's a PSN issue. Semantics.

Nope. You lack basic intelligence. I worry that you might drown when it rains next.

LM4sure said:
Who are the idiots at Sony just waiting around to see if it fixes itself? This is unacceptable. I guess this is what you get with a free online service. You can bet Microsoft would be trying a bit harder to resolve such an issue since people are shelling out money to use their service.

You honestly believe they are just waiting around seeing if its going to just magically fix itself?

http://twitter.com/SonyPlaystation

Dragon

Banned
LM4sure said:

There is no reason to use quotation marks. Perhaps you just don't understand the difference cause and effect. Everyone understands what you're saying, it's just wrong!

Mode8

Banned
Why couldn't Sony override the clock by setting the internet clock to tomorrow's time and fool the individual system clocks? Is it because the internal battery won't let the system "forget" what time it actually is??

sankt-Antonio said:
shut your mouth already ... god damn it... let it go..

STOP ! it hurts so bad
"I thought you said you car doesn't run"
"yeah, I locked the keys inside and I can't get in to turn it on, so it doesn't run, semantics"

LM4sure

Banned
itxaka said:
It affects games. Now stop it and admit defeat.

What games? I played a couple last night. Granted, I couldn't play Modern Warfare 2 online, but that is to be expected given the situation with PSN.

Violater

BobTheFork said:
ok I got to it and I can make instruction if need be, but now what do I do exactly.
I unplug it then what
Turn the system on and off
or wait for 10 mintues

edit this fun BTW
:lol You are completely mental
I love it :lol

LM4sure said:

Oh please. This all started with you making a transparent trolling comment attacking the quality of PSN due to the fact that since Sony doesn't charge for it, it must be a POS. As we all know, Live has 100% uptime.

darkwing

Ponn01 said:
I just don't understand why people are cracking open their PS3's to remove the CMOS battery. Can't you people wait 8 hours? What is that goddamn important that you have to go through all that and potentially make it worse for yourself? Chill out people, take a breather, go outside or something.

i'm pretty sure some people were happy to know their system were not completely borked when we did the CMOS battery fix thingy

cory

Banned
Usually this wouldn't be a problem for me, as I watch more Blu-rays than play PS3 games, but I just got Uncharted 2 last week, and I got unstuck in Killzone 2.

BruceWayneIII said:
If you only played a PS2 game, I don't think you have to worry - except for a weird save date on that PS2 game.

well it couldn't give me a proper date on the save yes. It froze once after saving but after restarting it, it worked properly. I just stopped using it for now.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Jesus, this thread is sure moving fast. Must be the quickest thread of the year.
I say we lock this thread at 00:30 GMT, if everything returns to normal for all PS3 users worldwide.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Oh please. This all started with you making a transparent trolling comment attacking the quality of PSN due to the fact that since Sony doesn't charge for it, it must be a POS. As we all know, Live has 100% uptime.

He's intent on showing the entirety of GAF his poopy pants.

peetfeet

I'll be booting up come midnight, and expecting this thread to triple in size if there is still no joy.... i won't be able to play on the PS3 but at least i'll find entertainment reading the possible meltdowns in this thread instead.

Cornbread78

gregor7777 said:
How long until the "This is RRoD levels of Failure" articles start showing up on major news sites?

I can't wait. :lol I haven't played a game on my PS3 in months, so waiting isn't an issue. I'm here for the public meltdown.

Oh god, the Xbox fanboys have already been at it.

New Xbox on warrenty = 10-14 business days (if lucky)

Playstation error corrected:(Quoted by: Keyser Soze)

t1267487940z0.png

You have to enjoy the irony that its the "Clock Battery" responsible for all this. The old overlapping Battery Charge/Clock XMB problem wasn't a GUI error. It was a warning!

Top Bottom