• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Ok, started PS3, same thing as last night. Tried to set clock via internet and same as last night, no luck.

Disabled then enabled internet connection and tried the set clock...... SUCCESS!!!!SIGNED INTO PSN AS WELL!!

EVERYONE TRY THIS!

yurinka

I'm in Spain. Looks like it's fixed at your local 00:00, not at the GMT one.
The date is 1/3/2010, but hour is ok and can log-in in PS3.
BTW, no Deamcast games in the store. And no Banjo Tooie.
My trophies are ok (I didn't synched or earned one during the fatal day).
PAL 60GB BC here, CECHC(2nd gen).

Koren

If it's a clock problem, don't expect all consoles going back to normal exactly at 0:00 GMT. For 3-y.o consoles, there's a strong possibility that the system clock is a couple minutes early or late.

So some consoles may very well be in a "normal state" right now, while others won't be till a full hour or more...

Lothars

nyong said:
This is either going to be the most epic or the most anti-climatic moment in the history of gaming. No hyperbole. Either this thread disappears as quickly as it came, or the Playstation brand sinks like a friggin rock.

History in the making.

Ok, so a firmware update later in the week could happen too

This won't do anything to the playstation brand, it will be forgot in a couple weeks at most if it is fixed.

iyox

Fixed for me too! Interesting side note: Last night I tried to reset my clock to 2/28/2010, my clock is now currently set to 4/28/2010. So I guess it is offset now by that change I made last night. Well at least I get to play some Heavy Rain now!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I wonder what SONY will say when it does come back online.

Will they try and claim that their engineers fixed it? Since they've been saying that they are "working on it".

Or will they actually explain what the problem was. I hope they do explain it, just to satisfy curiosity.

Treo360

expy said:
If you're able to sign into PSN, but your date/time is wrong, try updating it via internet (the date/time)
oh okay just did that cool. Correct date and time here on my 20gb
nj/nyc area

UFRA

Some of you have shitty clocks at home.

The time is 11:28PM GMT...

It's still not midnight, there's 32 min to go so wait.

Dipswitch said:
My 80GB phat still no workie

Dear God, why did I even try?
Treo360 said:
weird my time on the clock reads April 29th
Teetris said:
MY TROPHIES ARE GONE :/
Vanille said:
I'm so confused right now. o.o
FootNinja said:
NOT working 40 gb
569.jpg

Yeef

It's working for me now. I've got a 60 GB CECHEA01.

Date is set to 4/29 1:15 AM though. Probably because I changed the clock last night.

Mad_Ban said:
SCE just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about effective console design (I'm an expert), but reliability and accurate system clocks are huge parts of it. It's not like Microsoft where you can become successful by throwing $1bn down the drain. If you screw someone over on PlayStations, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is by giving us decent fucking clocks.

What this means is PS3 fat users, after reading this thread, is not going to want to buy any of Sony's rotund systems again, nor will they buy their petite "slim" models. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire userbase with this move.
Sony , publicly apologize and send a man to replace our batteries or you can kiss your video-game business goodbye.

you're fucking kidding me right

get out of the house and do something other than play video games for one goddamned day

there are some immense priority issues in the videogame community

Top Bottom