• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Zombie James said:
Due to an internal clock issue, the PS3 was sent back in time to 1999 for exactly one day. During that day it successfully killed the Dreamcast, guaranteeing the success of the Playstation 2 and ensuring it's own existence.

:lol

Wow, this made the front page of a real (albeit free) London newspaper :lol

15564270.jpg

Any chance the "steep rise in child cocaine users" is not entirely unrelated?

Zombie James said:
Due to an internal clock issue, the PS3 was sent back in time to 1999 for exactly one day. During that day it successfully killed the Dreamcast, guaranteeing the success of the Playstation 2 and ensuring it's own existence.

Oh damn. It's a time machine too? I ought to go and unlock/use that feature.

Snaku

Banned
Zombie James said:

Dun dun dun DUN DUN! Dun dun dun DUN DUN! Dun dun dun DUN DUN!

Zombie James said:

*clap* Nicely done, sir.

Azerach

Banned
Zombie James said:

So it's kinda like a... uhhh.... PS3rminator?

N30RYU

savor100 said:
Feb 28 2010 will go down as one of the most memorable days in gaming history. I was part of it.

I lived the non-existent February 29th 2010 that no sonyer will forget.

jaxword

Zombie James said:

Replicant

Gary Whitta said:
Wow, this made the front page of a real (albeit free) London newspaper :lol

15564270.jpg

The guy and the girl in the photograph....

Are they Leon Ockenden (Norman Jayden) and Jacquie Ainsley (Madison Paige) from HEAVY RAIN?

Zombie James said:
:lol :lol

Evlar

Banned
Zombie James said:
Most excellent.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dogenzaka said:
My 60GB PS3 couldn't connect yesterday to the PSN.
I still played God of War Collection regardless.
And today it works again.

So once again, no biggie.

It's fucking amazing how big of a deal Kotaku made this.

"CONSOLES ARE FAILING ALL AT ONCE DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR??"

Like 4 posts about the niggling issue and it's like PS3 owners around the world had their balls clenched in Kratos' fist for 24 hours.

You're surprised media outlets sensationalized the outage?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Zombie James said:
Golden like Luongo's medal.

Is this the thread for people having an internal clock issue with their Ataris? Mine has been stuck on February 29, 1984 for 26 years now...

oneHeero

Zombie James said:
10/10

NeoUltima

Zombie James said:
So I guess this problem won't happen with the PS4.

Struct09

Zombie James said:

Glad I didn't give up on this thread yet

Zombie James said:

Amazing.

steveovig

Ok, so I fixed everything and my Uncharted trophies that had previously disappeared, have been returned. The only problem is I collected all the treasure in Uncharted as the clock glitch was starting. So now, the game shows that I collected all of them but they never gave me a trophy for it. I've tried re-syncing several times but nothing gets me that trophy, what should I do about it? Has anyone else had this type of a problem?

darkwing

Zombie James said:

damn! :lol this thread still delivers!

Zombie James said:

Dude... DUDE!!!!

Replicant

Zombie James said:

:lol :lol :lol

How did I missed this the first time around?

androvsky

Zombie James said:

:lol :lol

As if we somehow wouldn't notice the Dreamcast 2 suddenly ceasing to exist.

edit: Oh crap, what the hell is Heavy Rain? I'd just brought Shenmue 4 home... fuuuuuuuu

stawnkald

Zombie James said:

kb26nr.gif

deathberry

Neo Member
deathberry said:
Off to bed now. I predict that by the time I wake up (4am GMT) this thread will have crossed 8k posts if the PS3s are fixed or 10k if it isn't.

Goodnight and goodluck y'all :D

Called it!

Checked my PS3 as well, everything is stable and operational capacity at max.

Zombie James said:

Just like many before me, I applaud you, you sir is hizza-funny :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Zombie James said:

Well played, sir.

inner-G

Banned
Zombie James said:
It only did everything.

Magnus

Zombie James said:

:lol :lol amazing

Althoran

Zombie James said:

Truly excellent.

Gomu Gomu

Zombie James said:
Bravo :lol :lol

This bug was worth the laughs. :lol Good thing it didn't become more serious than this though, then I doubt it would have been funny anymore.

This (today's) PS3 debacle reminds me of Louis C.K's "Everything is amazing right now and nobody's happy" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtEQB-9tvk&feature=related

On Conan...when I was a child in the Mid-East back in the 80's, me and my bro would be playing the Atari 2600...and the power would go off, and we would wait, hour-two hours and it will never come back on, sometimes we wont have power for a week, but we accepted that as a way of life, "no Atari for a week" I know that was then and there, but I am sure there are millions and millions of people in the world today who cannot even afford the Atari joystick (let alone a PS3) and go for weeks without electricity or hot water.... frikin PSN crashes during the day on a Monday and the entire northern hemisphere and the Western world goes berserk..why? because they cannot access their "trophies" or play there favorite game at noon on a frikin Monday! less than two years ago there was no such thing as "trophies" and the gaming world functioned just fine

..anyway end rant here... back to playing my Atari 2600 under candle light.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Zombie James said:

oh snap...

Dabanton

Chriswok said:
Is thread just pages of rehashing jokes already told? Swore I saw the Terminator reference and that cartoon earlier on.

It's been like that since yesterday, I blame the wild time fluctuations.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Our only chance to correct the timeline will be in 4 more years, when the PS3 fucks up the leap year again!!

If it was really that hard to go with out ps3 for one day and you could't think of anything to do, Then I think you guys need to look at your lifes

ps is it safe to turn on or not XD

Top Bottom