• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

apoclyps3.jpg
:D

shagg_187 said:
Nice camera!

It's not a nice camera really, it's an older low end Sony 4.1MP. I just had lotta lights on in the room. and my TV's kinda nice :p

This is the exact camera that I used. on the highest (4.1 megapixel) setting.

sony%20dscp41.jpg

Afrikan

Dupy said:
Boy is TV news dense about videogames. I just saw their piece on this issue and I had to share...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h63DmGn0QbE

BAY REPRESENT!!!!! Frank SomerVILLEE!!!!!!!!!

DidntKnowJack said:
Heh. They didn't have any footage, so they just used old (REALLY OLD) PS2 launch stock footage. Classic.

which could be a blessing in disguise for Sony.....hopefully Casuals will think the PS2 is the one that had the problems.

As soon as I got up I checked GAF to see if it was fixed and knew immediately that it was because the thread was still in the quadruple digits(which is still no small feat). This thread was epic, see you all on February 29th 2014.:D

NeoUltima

ChackanKun said:
So...no reward from Sony? :lol :lol
Everyone should spam the blog, I'm sure they'll give in. Plus it would guarantee Grace's PSstore blogpost gets rated 5/5, so you know she'll support it.

:p

Suzzopher

gofreak said:
People were reporting not all fatties were having problems; Sony says perhaps 20m units were affected yesterday:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...n-ps3-machines-may-be-affected-by-glitch.html

Also, so glad to see Sony get its due for fixing this problem. I hope the engineers involved get bonuses and extended leave as reward. :bow sony ingenuity :bow

Wait how did Sony fix it? I wasn't connected to the net and mine fixed itself after midnight. I sure as hell didn't have any Sony ninja engineers sneak in and fix it.

NekoFever

gofreak said:
People were reporting not all fatties were having problems; Sony says perhaps 20m units were affected yesterday:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...n-ps3-machines-may-be-affected-by-glitch.html

Also, so glad to see Sony get its due for fixing this problem. I hope the engineers involved get bonuses and extended leave as reward. :bow sony ingenuity :bow
Eurogamer has a list of which fat models were affected.

And it wasn't exactly fixed by anything that Sony did. The underlying problem is still there and it's only repaired in the sense that the PS3 now thinks that it's a real date. Rolling over to the next day fixed it.

Angelcurio said:
Thank God the system fixed itself, imagine the consequences of a major recall of a console that still doesn't make money on the hardware. Lets hope for some kind of free game to keep the community happy.
I believe ppl are just happy shit is working again and don't want any compensation. Although I hear Japan is giving Marvel away or something.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
nominees for best resuttection are:
jesus
ps3
tom cruise in far and away
dean winchester
tony almeida
evey character in kingdom hearts

daxter01 said:
nominees for best resuttection are:
jesus
ps3
tom cruise in far and away
dean winchester
tony almeida
evey character in kingdom hearts

In the Abyss when
that girl drowns to death but comes back to life after a LONG pause.

jiggles

Banned
CadetMahoney said:
I believe ppl are just happy shit is working again and don't want any compensation. Although I hear Japan is giving Marvel away or something.
Do Disney know about this? :lol

gofreak said:

Wow 20 million of the 33 million or so. I guess a lot of those milliosn were still playing UC2 at the time too!

Ashour

jump_button said:
If it was really that hard to go with out ps3 for one day and you could't think of anything to do, Then I think you guys need to look at your lifes.
I toke the day off to relax and play video games. So yeah it was hard for me cause I wasted the day off doing the exact opposite to what I was supposed to do, I was tense and didn't play my PS3 :lol

Majmun

So, I just booted up my Ps3. Offline. And there was nothing wrong with the date.
I guess my Ps3 wasn't affected after all.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Second said:
So, I just booted up my Ps3. Offline. And there was nothing wrong with the date.
I guess my Ps3 wasn't affected after all.

If you didn't turn it on at all during the leap year bug period of course it looks like nothing happened.

Majmun

TTP said:
If you didn't turn it on at all during the leap year bug period of course it looks like nothing happened.

Before today, I hadn't turned on my Ps3 for a few days.
And my console is always offline when I boot it up. I guess it corrected itself somehow, even in offline mode lol.
I'm just glad that everything's fine.

Second said:
Before today, I hadn't turned on my Ps3 for a few days.
And my console is always offline when I boot it up. I guess it corrected itself somehow, even in offline mode lol.
I'm just glad that everything's fine.

Online/Offline had nothing to do with the bug.

yurinka

Angelcurio said:
Thank God the system fixed itself, imagine the consequences of a major recall of a console that still doesn't make money on the hardware. Lets hope for some kind of free game to keep the community happy.
Like the RROD? Oh wait!

Majmun

IonicSnake said:
Online/Offline had nothing to do with the bug.

Yeah, I know. It was internal.
But what if your console isn't connected to the internet? Do you have to establish an internet connection to fix the bug?
I don't know how it can fix itself otherwise.

Replicant

Well, the time on my PS3 when I started it up was 1st of March, which is clearly wrong since it's 2nd of March here in Australia. However, I didn't even have to sync my trophies since it's all already there (I synced it 9 hours prior to apocalyPS3). So yeah, it was kind of non-event for me.

Oh well, Heavy Rain platinum, here I come!

Ricker

Lost my Heavy Rain trophies...what`s weird is that I have the ones from the 23rd of February,but everything between then and the ones I got last evening finishing the game are gone...oh well,this is one game I might replay at some point so I hope they will repop then,otherwise it`s no big deal,at least my save was intact.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
K' Dash said:
thread needs to be saved for future generations to read :lol

Making a Best of Comment/Pics/Links compilation would be excellent. I never had the time and energy to read all messages

Top Bottom