• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

darkwing

noisome07 said:
If you're that desperate to play something then I don't know what to tell you.

well the CMOS battery reset is for the more adventurous types, just trying to help shed a little light on the subject since Sony has been on the dark from the beginning

AleeN634 said:
Man I got up this morning and the lack of updates from the official American twitter is kinda depressing.

If anything, this will be one of those industry defining moments that will be analyzed for years to come...

We need a I survived the APOCALYPS3 shirts.
The fact that they have been so quiet leads me to believe that it's pretty bad and they don't know how to fix our consoles. If that weren't the case they would have said something by now.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
polyh3dron said:
The fact that they have been so quiet leads me to believe that it's pretty bad and they don't know how to fix our consoles. If that weren't the case they would have said something by now.

True.
i want to see how this all plays out.
I'm fine as long as my PS3 plays Blu-rays btw ( i don't game that often).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
140.85 said:
Was online with my 40gig MGS4 fatty yesterday. Used browser, played Noby Noby Boy and Flower. Didn't have any problems...
Were you playing before midnight hit GMT?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
polyh3dron said:
Well WE know how to fix our consoles now, so it's just a matter of Sony trying to find a way they can deliver an update via firmware and not instruct 20 million people to unscrew their PS3 lids.

Knowing that I can fix it myself easily just took a load off my mind though.

Raist

Banned
polyh3dron said:

Nah, they just don't want people to freak out.

Because when 12GMT comes, all phat PS3 will explode and create mini-blackholes

W1SSY

TTP said:
Today will be remembered as the day the PlayStation 3 died.
Tomorrow will be remembered as the day the PlayStation 3 resuscitated.

It only does JESUS.

That is great. Hopefully they get this worked out soon, I don't know how much more crap I can take from my 360 fanboy roommate.

itxaka

Defeatist
Jibril said:
You can make an if statement big like this:

if (watver==watever || watever != watever2 || watever2 != watever && watever) {

dothis;
}
else if ( PS3breakonleapyear.equals("yes" ));{

neogafgoesmad;
}

&& (and ) or || statements are sweet.

P.S
I suck at this type of stuff.

Do this "(watver==watever || watever != watever2 || watever2 != watever && watever)" have to be enclosed to differentiate between them or prioritize them like this?:

((watver==watever) || (watever != watever2)) || (watever2 != watever) && watever)

oh and from the last page someone mentioned this. If they are really checking leap years like this:

Code:
if (year % 2 == 0 ) {
return leap;
} else {
return notleap;
}

won't be that make 2012, 2014, 2016,etc... all leap years and prone to the same error? They are only checking if it's divisible by 2.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Actually, system updates are not even done through PSN. They are done through some other network connection. In fact, you cannot even log into PSN if there's a new update waiting to be downloaded.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
lowrider007 said:
So you leave the battery disconnected?, that last bit doesn't seem clear, or your saying that you remove the battery, switch system on/off, then replace the battery?
Unplug for 10 minutes then replug

knee said:
I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything but...

Every SEGA game and demo that I've tried on my PS3 has worked regardless of the problem. :)

I've tried the Vancouver 2010 demo, Sonic All-Star Racing demo and I'm playing 'The Club' as we speak. :lol :lol

-Commences crack shots-

Bayonetta stuck at loading screen for me. So not all SEGA games then

Tryckser said:
People really would open up their PS3 and fuck around with the battery because they can't play certain games (or even less, don't get trohpies), for probably only 8 more hours? Wow.....
If you've already opened it up to do things such as replacing the thermal paste then it really isn't a problem. (I had some serious overheating issues where the fan would go into vacuum cleaner/jet engine mode after 5 minutes, and a little bit of Arctic Silver fixed it).

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
itxaka said:
Do this "(watver==watever || watever != watever2 || watever2 != watever && watever)" have to be enclosed to differentiate between them or prioritize them like this?:

((watver==watever) || (watever != watever2)) || (watever2 != watever) && watever)

oh and from the last page someone mentioned this. If they are really checking leap years like this:

Code:
if (year % 2 == 0 ) {
return leap;
} else {
return notleap;
}

won't be that make 2012, 2014, 2016,etc... all leap years and prone to the same error? They are only checking if it's divisible by 2.

Yep. They all have to be enclosed with ()
I just realized i referred to the operators as statements. lol
And yes, that looks strange to me too. :/

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Are there precedents for RTC chips to terminally fail due to inaccurate leap-year calculation, or is it just the Zune instance where it reports an invalid date for 24 hours?

If so, then maybe we should worry. If not Ockham's is to simply wait and see.

Raist

Banned
By 12 GMT this thread is going to die. I request 1 min of silence when that happens.

Come ot think of it, it'll probably be the fastest moving and fastest dying thread in the history of GAF.

Mdk7

Nice move Sony...
First Heavy Rain full of damn fucking bugs (it froze 4 times during my first 5 hours playthrough! -__-) and now this... WOW!

K' Dash

pyros said:
It's 12:14am 2nd march here in Singapore, still getting error, no magic fix yet

HolyFuckingShit.gif

Xater

So at this point we can be pretty sure that Sony doesn't have a fix and we just have to wait right? The battery fix kind of proves that and also negates Sony's PSN excuse.

TTP said:
Today will be remembered as the day the PlayStation 3 died.
Tomorrow will be remembered as the day the PlayStation 3 resuscitated.

It only does JESUS.

:lol :lol :lol :lol This thread is too much win

noisome07 said:
I think it's been stated that games without trophies and demos are all playable.

Resident Evil Director's Cut off of PSX Classics begs to differ.

I can't play it and don't know why. It doesn't fit any of the pattern. Based on what we know/assume, it should work. But it doesn't. Sadface.

Shadow780

chubigans said:
T minus nine hours when everything autocorrects...or everything autodestructs.

And now we wait.

I don't know what I'd like to see more, Sony tries to spin this as a network issue, or their HQ being bombarded by angry users.

darkwing

CMOS Battery fix Update :

2 people have tried it in our forums and it works 100% for them, I guess we can wait for the GMT clock also

Top Bottom