• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Xater said:
So at this point we can be pretty sure that Sony doesn't have a fix and we just have to wait right? The battery fix kind of proves that and also negates Sony's PSN excuse.
There's probably no sense in trying to make a firmware update, QA it, and release within the next 8-9 hours, if they confirmed the problem will fix itself then.

noisome07

Banned
The Blue Jihad said:
Resident Evil Director's Cut off of PSX Classics begs to differ.

I can't play it and don't know why. It doesn't fit any of the pattern. Based on what we know/assume, it should work. But it doesn't. Sadface.
Oh well ;(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It'll hit midnight GMT just as I'm leaving the office to go home today. If I get home and I can't play Heavy Rain, SOMEONE WILL PAY.

Also, my Heavy Rain trophies are gone. :S

rhino4evr

so that's what's going on. Turned on my PS3 to watch a Blu Ray and got the error. Just thought PSN is down. So this is happening to everyone? What are the people who can't connect online and download a firmware upgrade going to do?

Quixzlizx

Slacker said:
WTF they just updated the XMB:

nPvAS.png

Sony PR: "The only winning move is not to play."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LiK said:
So how many more hours til the next day in GMT?
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

It's 4:24 GMT +0.

When that says 12 AM GMT March SECOND, then we will know if it is fixed or not.

jett said:
So uh...what kind of problems can one expect if the CMOS battery is removed??

Theoretically you'd just have to reset the time every time you unplugged the system (a la 360), but you aren't removing--just temporarily resetting--the clock.

This thread reminds me of the beginning of Cliffhanger, right before Sarah falls. But she hasn't fell yet. It's like that final grip shot before the glove slides off.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
'PS3' is now trending on Twitter (though sadly not Apocalyps3 :( )

Also the second story on my Yahoo front page:

2cpt3r7.jpg

Infinity

brandonh83 said:
This thread reminds me of the beginning of Cliffhanger, right before Sarah falls. But she hasn't fell yet. It's like that final grip shot before the glove slides off.

Oh that was so hard to watch.

gofreak said:

2cpt3r7.jpg
how nice of them.

they should have said, "tens of millions". that would be accurate. not "thousands".

Mandoric

Banned
dogmaan said:
what if the RTC has crashed, or is incapable of passing this date?

Rushed FW update to replace all RTC time sanity checks with NTP time sanity checks, move time sanity checks out of the "is everything cool for me to boot" process altogether, repositioning of the clock back behind the battery icon, trophy synch algorithm changes from "use newest" to "OR server list and local list" like it probably should have been to begin with, everything timestamped you do with an offline fat gets marked "unknown date" rather than sorting properly?

Can anyone confirm that the CMOS reset allows you to resync your trophies with no problems, i.e. your supposedly "lost" trophies are recovered?

darkwing said:
i'm guessing the units affected are all out of warranty? i mean warranty is only 1 year?
My 80gig fat PS3 is still under the 3 year warranty that I bought, this would be a perfect time to see if I could take it back to get a slim...the only thing holding me back are my saves!

deathberry

Neo Member
Not to be a cold-hearted bastard, but at the expense of GAF, and all the PS3 owners around the world
including myself
I'd like to see the presumed "auto-correct at 12am GMT tonight" not work.

And all fat PS3s around the world sebsequently brick. Such a clusterfuck in electronics hasn't been heard of in...forever.

Sony shareholders should stay alert for the next 7.5 hours :D .

Madman

I doubt anyone will notice this post, but has anyone tried:

Switching the daylight savings setting in the PS3?

Using one or all of the options in the recovery menu?

Could someone who is about to rip out their battery try this first? It probably won't work, but if you're going the whole 9 yards...

Meier

TTP said:
Today will be remembered as the day the PlayStation 3 died.
Tomorrow will be remembered as the day the PlayStation 3 resuscitated.

It only does JESUS.
Hah, this is perfect. Well played.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
deathberry said:
Not to be a cold-hearted bastard, but at the expense of GAF, and all the PS3 owners around the world
including myself
I'd like to see the presumed "auto-correct at 12am GMT tonight" not work.

And all fat PS3s around the world sebsequently brick. Such a clusterfuck in electronics hasn't been heard of in...forever.

Sony shareholders should stay alert for the next 7.5 hours :D .
great post thanks

In 8 hours all will be well.

If not, Sony will be sending out CD/DVDs with a FW update fix. the same option will be available to download and burn or xfer over to a thumbdrive.

in the worst case scenario, there would be no reason for recalls.

KingDizzi

Banned
gofreak said:

2cpt3r7.jpg

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuu keisha gonna sue the Sugababes?

Got Heavy Rain today but will have to wait tomorrow until I give it a spin, shame.

Coins

Banned
mcdomination said:
In 8 hours all will be well.

If not, Sony will be sending out CD/DVDs with a FW update fix. the same option will be available to download and burn or xfer over to a thumbdrive.

in the worst case scenario, there would be no reason for recalls.

Its not a FW issue.

Top Bottom