• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CALENDAR BUG FIXED. READ OP - now I can play Bakugan Battle Brawlers, thank God

agm2502

This must of been why I didn't receive any trophies on heavy rain after midnight last night. I've completed the game now, wonder if it'll award me the trophies when it is back up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
savor100 said:
The ONLY thing that worries me about this whole issue is losing my Demon Souls save file (in the case the system bricks and they do a recall). I wouldn't mind getting a new slim and I could care less about my trophies.
I hope issues like this puts an end to hardware locked saves. One of the worst ideas of this generation.

sifu said:
It's really weird that some phats some don't.
Just came from work to check if my 60GB BC works...and it works.
No Problem playing a game with trophies or without. PSN works fine too (didn't check the store)...
Will try my MGS PS3...
how the fuck?..

chunk3rvd

Morac said:
I finally got around to playing Assassin's Creed 2 and I think at some point trophies stopped registering when I should have got them. At least I don't remember seeing the trophy pop-up for trophies I should have got. Like you I'm not turning the PS3 on to check.

Hopefully Trophy data isn't permanently broken and any missing trophies can be gotten again.

Same here, everything stopped registering after midnight but I didn't see this thread till about 2 hours later. I'm assuming that when I satisfied the trophy condition, it attempted to add it to my record but wanted to stamp it as 29/02/10, hence the trophy not popping up

I'm hoping the trophies will pop up tomorrow but I doubt it. Biggest pain is the one for finishing a DNA sequence as there's no way to get it without replaying the game. I'm guessing the others are unobtainable too though as the games internal counters (for coins thrown on the floor, for instance) will have passed the required limits

I wish I knew the first thing about system languages, software engineering, etc etc... This is just baffling. I'm not in any hurry to play my PS3, I'm just curious what will happen if this isn't resolved when the date rolls over.

Morac

Neo Member
Best and most detailed explanation I've seen regarding the problem:

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/189826564/p1/?0

BTW does anyone think that Sony will admit if it's a clock problem? Or will they simply claim that they fixed the problem this evening and then silently patch the problem in the next firmware update?

Of course there's always the possibility that Sony still actually believes it's a PSN problem and won't patch it so it will happen again next year. After all they should have patched it when they saw what happened to the Zune.

itxaka said:
Well, news are news. In their "story" they are claiming millions affected, trowing even the 20 million number out there. 20 fucking million out of their ass :lol
why the hell is that difficult for you to believe?

ALL FAT PS3'S ARE EFFECTED.
ALL OF THEM. in every country around the world.

as in, every PS3 sold between November 11, 2006 - Semptember 1, 2009 (PS3 Slim launch)...and a little after that, as they finished up selling the inventory of fats.

I'd assume that at least 3/4's of the installed userbase are playing on fat PS3's.

chunk3rvd said:
I'm hoping the trophies will pop up tomorrow but I doubt it. Biggest pain is the one for finishing a DNA sequence as there's no way to get it without replaying the game. I'm guessing the others are unobtainable too though as the games internal counters (for coins thrown on the floor, for instance) will have passed the required limits

I hope so. So much progress that I would have to backtrack.

Nakasan

RavenFox said:
What would you like them to say sir? "Our system clock is fucked up so wait"? Honesty is great but going bankrupt isn't.

Nah, I know its the nature of the beast, and I don't even mind them covering their backs, I personally would of just prefered a generic "Yup, theres a problem, we're looking into it".

But then, I know that that comment would wind others up even more due to it's crushing lack of info! So yeah, I guess Sony can't win...

Coverly

Fastest moving thread this year.
I got logged out of psn in the middle of a golf game yesterday, haven't turned it on since.

my contribution, but it's probably been posted several times already,

ps3wehavetogoback.jpg

LegendOfGood said:
I should go to BB today and use the warranty on my fat to pick up a new Slim.
any chance that the BB employees are actually somewhat educated on this problem, therefore telling you "sony will fix it, we cant do the exchange" ?

jedimike

It would be a monumental moment in electronics history if the PS's did not come back. However, I'm confident they'll be fine once we pass GMT.

I was a survivor of the Zune fiasco... it sucked for that one day. It just shows how much we are accustomed to having our electronic gadgets and also how much more complex they have become.

Shit like this could have never happened with our "non-connected" consoles.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nakasan said:
What I don't like is Sony totally lying and saying it's a PSN issue. For some reason, that really winds me up. I genuinely feel afronted. They be playing me for a fool!

Probably because PSN fuck-ups are built into your agreement with Sony. However a problem with the system itself might yield greater liability for Sony.

Also, as for warning people against listening to 'others' about the problem, that's probably a preemptive caution lest rumours about fixes spread that actually lead people to fucking up their systems more. People could (easily) spread malicious instructions about how to fix this, instructions that actually lead to really broken systems...that's I think why Sony's saying that, to await official news/guidance etc. Of course, their silence creates a vacumn where rumours and so on happily multiply.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dreams-Visions said:

as in, every PS3 sold between November 11, 2006 - Semptember 1, 2009 (PS3 Slim launch)...and a little after that, as they finished up selling the inventory of fats.

I'd assume that at least 3/4's of the installed userbase are playing on fat PS3's.
Uh...my PS3 FAT from 2008 works fine. Geez people. :lol

ismaboof

MemoryofMaggot said:
any chance that the BB employees are actually somewhat educated on this problem, therefore telling you "sony will fix it, we cant do the exchange" ?
Talk to customer service, not the video game dept. Better chances

I was wondering what was up with my PS3 last night. I tried to stream a video from my media server but it couldn't find the server itself.

I ended up just plugging my PC and TV together directly with an HDMI cable and figured the network issues would sort themselves out...

nyong

Banned
Not all phats are messed up. However, everything (?) with backwards compatability is. Millions is not an exaggeration by any means.

Yeef

lionelhutz said:
He really shouldn't be turning off his PS3 via the back switch without doing a soft power down first.

I don't know if I'm going to bother with the CMOS thing. I mainly wanted to hop on last night to play Uncharted with the GAF crew, but it seems like there's little chance of anyone being on. Being lazy I'll take the path of least resistance.

darkwing

to those trying the CMOS battery fix, for the CECHH, the CMOS battery should be on the upper right corner of the board, with the drive slot facing you, and remember to handle with care the connector thingy

sifu

Neo Member
nyong said:
Not all phats are messed up. However, everything (?) with backwards compatability is. Millions is not an exaggeration by any means.

Mine is working...And I got the 60GB BC old one...

tralfazz

I think I have a 60GB BC Phat from early '08. Turned it on early this morning to do my P90x (not knowing about this problem) and didn't see any errors pop-up.

What exactly happens on the screen? Are you immediately prompted?

Didn't think to look at the date.

gcubed

Dreams-Visions said:

thats fine, but, um, you're wrong... yelling doesnt make you right

Yen

jedimike said:
It would be a monumental moment in electronics history if the PS's did not come back. However, I'm confident they'll be fine once we pass GMT.

I twould be a unique moment but it could possibly ruin the Playstation brand and loss Sony hundreds of millions.

Fugu

Dreams-Visions said:

They aren't all affected. Read the thread. There are plenty of examples of people with fat PS3s that are working fine.

JambiBum

I"m so glad I'm out of town right now and away from my ps3. I just sent a message to everyone on my 360 FL who I know has a ps3 to let them know about this mess. Hoping they see it before they try to play HR today.

Top Bottom