• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 FW 4.45 coming - Trophy notification toggle [Warning: Update bricking PS3s?]

Going to turn off trophies ASAP. The popups ruin a lot of pretty serious/dramatic moments in some games, especially when the trophy name is trying to be funny.

Amir0x

Banned
Going to turn off trophies ASAP. The popups ruin a lot of pretty serious/dramatic moments in some games, especially when the trophy name is trying to be funny.

*Horrific game scene in which the main character's daughter dies a brutal death*

<Trophy Unlocked: You gotta be KIDding, right?>

randomkid

I am here like everyone else to express unfathomable excitement at the ability to turn off trophy notifications.

Although I have fond memories of connecting to The Walking Dead's poignant and moving narrative after an anguished decision to save a child to the tune of ROCK AND A HARD PLACE, DING!

Amir0x

Banned
Well now you can turn them off and leave us achievement whores alone.

Wins for everyone.

So long as you guys don't brag about them in voice chat game lobbies or talk about how it's not worth playing on a team with someone who 'only' has such and such many trophies/achievements, then cool!

I only play my PS3 a few times a year for some exclusives a year. Usually I dread turning it on because I will have a mandatory update to download, then install, then insert the game that has a mandatory update which downloads, installs and then occasionally I will have to install some of the game itself haha. This last one wasn't so bad thankfully.

kvn

I only play my PS3 a few times a year for some exclusives a year. Usually I dread turning it on because I will have a mandatory update to download, then install, then insert the game that has a mandatory update which downloads, installs and then occasionally I will have to install some of the game itself haha. This last one wasn't so bad thankfully.

Play offline, if you only play a few times a year anyway.

Saiyan-Rox

People hate the trophy notification? But it only pops up to give you a friendly well done D:

Lol each to their own. Wonder if It'll have any other options like placement of the notification swell.

smr00

Banned
People hate the trophy notification? But it only pops up to give you a friendly well done D:

Lol each to their own. Wonder if It'll have any other options like placement of the notification swell.
I dislike Trophies/Achievements as a whole. I don't care for them and sure as hell don't like getting kicked out of the immersion for killing 20 guys or collecting 10 things. It's a pointless system for people who aren't completest or for people who don't care about digital scores.

If you like it, that's cool.. But not everyone cares.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
After a long session of Dark Souls, my PS3 went briefly insane and tried to kill me. Any increase in stability is a plus.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Time to TURN THEM OFF YAY!... Hey wait a minute!

Some people really do hate trophies/cheevs, damn!

So long as you guys don't brag about them in voice chat game lobbies or talk about how it's not worth playing on a team with someone who 'only' has such and such many trophies/achievements, then cool!

I'll just continue to talk about how high I am bro.

Andrefpvs

How do we get them to add sorting/searching of the download list? Hm? Please tell me. :(

It's so ridiculous how after all this time we still don't have this. Gaming press should be ridiculing them for this all the time, then maybe they'll finally implement it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Trophy Notification Double Ping! On/Off (Gets fucked up like the clock muhahahahahaha)

Every Trophy you earn now Pings twice for those who miss it the first time

That would be so delicious!

Top Bottom