• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you print these? I don't own a printer and do most of my printing @ work. If I took these to a Kinko's could they do it? What kind of paper should I request, some of these are amazing.

demosthenes said:
Where do you print these? I don't own a printer and do most of my printing @ work. If I took these to a Kinko's could they do it? What kind of paper should I request, some of these are amazing.

Was wondering the same.

Apdiddy

Amazing art in this thread -- heck, if I saw the cover art for Rogue Warrior, I would have gone "ooh, gimme!" and bought it without realizing its a crappy game.

And the Red Faction Guerrilla and ICO/Shadow of the Colossus cover art are God.

Zoda

Neo Member
The work that you guys are doing here is fantastic. I can't wait to print some of these out. Here are the two I made on my own:

3D Dot Game Heroes
951c6c6e0eb7b3f402f1dd939d066e576103b79f519870a4e03b5bfc15219e425g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?3p0hb1qyak9oqhl

Fallout 3
93bb29c450e9bb6b81a4950af93a9170aa2839d9ec6d97a1abcd0d9bb7a843265g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?ri6k23pjkat16nf

I also have some requests:
MW2 and Black Ops
LBP
Portal 2

Seriously though, you guys are the man!

Zoda said:
Don't think so, but there's always this

I will never understand why every box art on this site doesn't have a printable version, only certain ones.

And even some box art mock ups are posted only in picture form without a spine.

So yea, kind of a photo noob. I asked before and never got an answer. How do I go about printing these the easiest way? I took the files to Kinko's (forgot to bring a PS3 case) and he said they were like 30 inches by 40 inches so I couldn't get them done as I didn't have a PS3 case standard size.

Should I just look it up and have them resize them all and print? I feel stupid ._.

Zoda

Neo Member
demosthenes said:
So yea, kind of a photo noob. I asked before and never got an answer. How do I go about printing these the easiest way? I took the files to Kinko's (forgot to bring a PS3 case) and he said they were like 30 inches by 40 inches so I couldn't get them done as I didn't have a PS3 case standard size.

Should I just look it up and have them resize them all and print? I feel stupid ._.

These should print on a standard piece of "8.5 x 11" landscape paper perfectly.

Zoda said:
These should print on a standard piece of "8.5 x 11" landscape paper perfectly.

Well I don't have a printer and have to go to some place to do these.

Their automated machines only have like 4x6 and 5x7 so I can't use those.

I asked him to open one and he said it was 30 inches by 43 inches or something. I looked up the official pixel size and the pictures were correct in their size so I was/am still very confused.

I guess I could try to print these @ my parents house but they only have an inkjet printer. Has anyone done these using an inkjet printer w/ the glossy paper? How did it turn out?

Zoda said:
Don't think so, but there's always this

Going though that site, I am...less than impressed.

The Halo 3 and Reach sections are just pages and pages of dreck, and it seems pretty par for the course.

There's some nice stuff in the Bioshock section, though

Nizz

There are amazing custom covers being done here, but I just wish there was a site were I could just get original cover art just with the new PS3 logo instead of the Spiderman font.

Mithos

Zoda said:
I like it. Surely I'm not the only one that still makes these?
I'm always looking for art when surfing, trying to find the Tomb Raider Trilogy Arts so I can kick that ugly cover away ;P

Kahoona

Can someone give me pointers on what type of paper I should buy to print these on? The colors seem kind of faded on regular copy paper. I've been considering photo paper, but I'm afraid it may be too thick.

Zoda

Neo Member
Kahoona said:
Can someone give me pointers on what type of paper I should buy to print these on? The colors seem kind of faded on regular copy paper. I've been considering photo paper, but I'm afraid it may be too thick.

Use the glossy paper at Kinko's if you can. It works wonderfully.

purple cobra said:
There are amazing custom covers being done here, but I just wish there was a site were I could just get original cover art just with the new PS3 logo instead of the Spiderman font.

Try this

Baller said:
HOLY SHIT, I use cover project all the time but never noticed that they have "custom covers" with the original artwork and new PS3 logo. You just saved my life.
Yeah. This is awesome. I'm thinking about replacing the inserts for all my older PS3 games.

_dementia said:
Yeah. This is awesome. I'm thinking about replacing the inserts for all my older PS3 games.
I was already in the process of doing that with custom covers from vgboxart... problem is, most of the good ones on that site don't have printable versions.

This is bloody perfect.

I think I say something like this every time this thread gets updated. Why can't they hire people like you guys to do this? Even if you don't draw it, you know it looks worlds better than what they choose.

kvn

Zoda said:
The work that you guys are doing here is fantastic. I can't wait to print some of these out. Here are the two I made on my own:

3D Dot Game Heroes
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/951c6c6e0eb7b3f402f1dd939d066e576103b79f519870a4e03b5bfc15219e425g.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.mediafire.com/?3p0hb1qya..., the Fallout 3 cover is amazing. Great work!

Mithos

When I saw the Batman cover made by Zoda, I decided to post the one I had made before.

3 versions of the same Arkham City cover with a slightly different spine-logo on each.

Click picture for High-res.

Nizz

Zoda said:
Use the glossy paper at Kinko's if you can. It works wonderfully.

Try this
Man, I just saw your post today. Sorry :/ Thanks for the link though! I've already seen a couple of covers for some older games I have that I want to print up. I saw covers for Mirror's Edge, PoP 08, MW2. There were a couple I didn't see though, like COD4 and Bad Company 1 but I'll have to dig harder for those. Thanks again. :)

iNvid02

alright dudes, brace yourself. this is the eu cover for the uncharted dual pack
someone needs to save us from this shit and make a nice one

6NTyY.jpg

Desmond

iNvidious01 said:
this is what asia is getting in comparison
japan-uncharted-double-pack.jpg
I think that came out in Japan on UC2s launch, circa 2009

edit: why would you go to the trouble of editing a cardboard box?

So, I tried printing some covers last night on my basic inkjet. The results were horrid, i'll have to take my chances at a print shop.

Does anybody have a cover for Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds? I can't find decent quality resolution images to make one myself.

Morts

I finally got around to printing some of these, and they look great. I used Moxicopy.com and while I'm not sure I can justify the price to myself but I'm happy with how they turned out (though they forgot my Dead Space 2 cover...). Apparently my camera doesn't work anymore, so here are some crappy phone pics:

IMG_20110815_184621.jpg

IMG_20110815_184826.jpg

IMG_20110815_184730.jpg

If anyone is still interested in doing these, I would love to see covers for Enslaved, Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia 08, Bioshock 2, New Vegas, and MGS4 in the above style. Thanks to all of the photoshoppers/artists in this thread.

Morts

brandonh83 said:
On that site what settings do you choose?

For paper I chose 8.5x11 80# - Bright White, Blue/White shade - Cover Gloss, single sided, no bleed, no binding. In the comments I asked them to cut the margins off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom