• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PS3) Super Dimensional Game Neptune Screens & Info

matmanx1

The idea is sort of cool and funny so I'll at least give them 1 point for that. Gameplay will make or break this though. If it's like Mana Khemia or Ar Tonelico then it could be promising. If it's like Cross Edge or Last Rebellion then I will stay far away.

rykomatsu

ULTROS! said:
From what I know, the first looks like Disgaea = NIS, the third is perhaps Compile Heart, and the fourth one looks like an Atelier something = Gust?

4th one is Gust's mascot (aka Gust-chan)...she's on every package that gust ships out if you order direct from them.

http://shop.salburg.com/

Top left corner

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
thanks GAF!!

i just woke up and the first thing i see is a thread about a game with lolis;console wars jrpgs and purple ray discs!!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Enron said:
Why do I get the feeling GAF has always been secretly interested in icecream games, but was just waiting for an excuse D:

GAF is Tsundere for IceCream :lol

red shoe paul said:
Would've been cooler if it wasn't an RPG.

I don't know, the potential for awesome could be in the witty dialog. We need Alexander O. Smith, Stat!!!

Vamphuntr

Chromax said:
The youtube comment...:lol

" I wonder if the green xbox girl flashes red if she dies"

This game should be epic only for the hilarious dialog. Gameplay wise it's probably gonna suck.

They should make Neptune attack take a long time to reload or come back available or make her ethereal since the neptune was delayed/never came out.

The xbox girl should indeed flash red when she dies

The ps3 girl should be able to be killed in one hit if you input 80010150F.

The wii girl should be full of jaggies because of the sub HD res of the wii.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/04/20/neptune_preview/

In the god world, four goddesses, Purple Heart, Black Heart, Green Heart and White Heart, have been waging a heated battle -- a heated hardware battle. Each goddess is guardian to a floating continent located in the god world, respectively Planetune, Lastation, Rinnebox and Ruwii. The population of these worlds -- their market share -- serves as energy for the goddesses. By increasing their market share, the goddesses gain an advantage in the hardware war.

That's so console wars.

Just because they're fighting a hardware war does not mean they hate each other. Black Heart considers Purple Heart a good rival. Green Heart considers Purple Heart an opponent who is difficult to defeat. White Heart hates how Purple Heart is so honest and frank.

can we get some kind of disclaimer in thread titles so that I don't see some new Xbox360/PS3 game announced only to click and find out its some loli pedobait?

Vamphuntr said:
This game should be epic only for the hilarious dialog. Gameplay wise it's probably gonna suck.

They should make Neptune attack take a long time to reload or come back available or make her ethereal since the neptune was delayed/never came out.

The xbox girl should indeed flash red when she dies

The ps3 girl should be able to be killed in one hit if you input 80010150F.

The wii girl should be full of jaggies because of the sub HD res of the wii.

I'm glad you're not a game designer. :p

Ninja Scooter said:
can we get some kind of disclaimer in thread titles so that I don't see some new Xbox360/PS3 game announced only to click and find out its some loli pedobait?
if icecream creates a thread stay away.

androvsky

DMPrince said:
if icecream creates a thread stay away.

That said, this one really isn't that bad. Three of the four main girls have large enough tits that no one could make the loli tag stick, and the fourth really isn't that bad... and you have to scroll past the other three to get to her anyway. :)

Bebpo

Banned
I had no interest in this game when it was announced.
Now I still have no interest in it, but I was thoroughly entertained by another fantastic icecream thread.

icecream for mod I say.

WickedLaharl said:
don't really need anymore info than this to know that it will suck.

The fact that the game was selling on low-budget stills of loli girls didn't already make that apparent? :lol

jiggle

Bebpo said:
The fact that the game was selling on low-budget stills of loli girls didn't already make that apparent? :lol

which is weird since the 3D part looks quite competent
i guess they're targeting a very specific audience...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
icecream said:
Protector: White Heart
9h2joz.png
Loli KOS-MOS?????

Where are her "weapons"?

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Moré infoooooo ( and pics)

icecream

Public Health Threat
One new screen from Famitsu, showing off the customization:

24n5z.jpg

And according to Dengeki, the personalities of the 3 other goddesses are as follows:
Green Heart: Gentle onee-san type, but is very knowledgeable and quick to act when needed.

Black Heart: Has great confidence in herself and acts assertively. Is tsundere.

White Heart: Quiet and cool, she has an aura of intellect around her. Her manner of speech is strange and she can be quite blunt regarding her emotions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Isn't that second pic the exact same one as the OP :/?

Dresden

icecream said:
Green Heart: Gentle onee-san type, but is very knowledgeable and quick to act when needed.

Black Heart: Has great confidence in herself and acts assertively. Is tsundere.

White Heart: Quiet and cool, she has an aura of intellect around her. Her manner of speech is strange and she can be quite blunt regarding her emotions.
I nailed that shit. Nailed it.

A videogame which has a thinly veiled Sega 32X as the main character... no, I don't think I could ever possibly have predicted that. :lol

I mean, that they actually released the 32X was one of Sega's most important mistakes, one of the key points that got people mad at them... of course it was more an effect than a cause, that is the real problem were the divisions and internal problems (and lack of foresight) in Sega that led things to the point they were when the 32X was released, but still. (I will resist the temptation of going over the whole story again...). On the other hand, releasing the 32X would have been a little less insane if the Saturn wasn't coming out until when the N64 did or something and 32X/Neptune (Genesis+32X) had been supported for a few years, but of course Sega didn't do that, they released Saturn six months later (in the US) or at the same time (in Japan) and then killed off the 32X (and Sega CD, and most Genesis support) just months later. It sure is hard to imagine why people turned on Sega, isn't it...

Of course even had Sega not utterly messed up almost every thing imaginable, businesswise, between 1994 and 1998, that they had a lot less money than any other major hardware manufacturer would still have been a big challenge, but obviously things would have been less dire if they weren't spending something like half of their time sabotaging themselves. I wonder if any of that shows up in the game somehow... :)

Odd choice, though, particularly for a game from Japan, where even the Genesis didn't do very well, much less the 32X... you'd think it'd be a Saturn or something. I guess they wanted obscure. Kind of cool really, though. The 32X is kind of interesting, it is the most powerful 4th gen system...

I know, this is some "different" Neptune I guess, but still, the reference is of course obvious. The Xes on her clothes are another obvious 32X reference, I'd say. I guess they could be d-pads (the ones in normal girl Neptune's hair look more like those), but I don't know... perhaps they're supposed to reference both.

tafer

Please, let this developer be inspired by some divine light!... I NEED a proper product that makes good use of such an awesome (crazy) concept.

All I want is some reference to other (actually relevant) developers, important games, portables and some sort of historical reference to the previous "wars".

For the lolis, please be good!...
Who I am kidding!?, this stuff is day 1 for me.

Heh. I was wondering if someone would make a thread about this. The concept is really intriguing, but I'm sure it'll be awful because it's Compile Heart. A stellar localization could make it a winner though.

Sounds interesting, funny as hell. Console wars in a game and marketshare :lol. Expectations are low since this is from Compile Heart.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I love the concept, looking forward to a lot of video game meta-humor... needs a good, quality localization that retains the humor of the original.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
hmmmm

Protector: Purple Heart
16h0nk6.png

your ultimate dream girl , her older and younger sisters and family were too awesome family back in the old days , she and her family are gone now , you can still buy toys from her family store tho , but you still believe that she and her family will return with a new baby girl someday.

Protector: Green Heart
j97gb4.png

your hot girlfriend , first big boobed girlfriend you have ( you bought a new bigger bed for her sake ) , she ask too much every year for her internet , toys and movies but it worth it to watch movie and play with her, she might have an heart attack and die on you anytime , but she is very good girl , you can't life without her.

Protector: Black Heart
aw53mg.png

the famous hooker everybody either love or hate , she used to costs a lot to have sex with and wasn't that good but now she is amazing and cheap hooker , not that good with internet and her internet also is a lil slow sometimes but it's free internet at her house so who care ? your girlfriend can also give you most of what she offer to you , but she have some great exclusive sex toys you can't miss to use on her.

9h2joz.png

well boobs size is just standard for her age , sure not like the other girls ,but you don't care about that because the sex is amazing at first , it's like sex at middle school or something , and you feel fresh and happy with her since she love to play mini games and dance ,but it's something cool for 5 min , after a while you will feel boring and need bigger boobs , real relationship and regular adult sex , and then you will abandon her in the middle of nowhere and will blame her mother on forums.

obaidr

Banned
Totobeni said:
hmmmm

Protector: Purple Heart
16h0nk6.png

your ultimate dream girl , her older and younger sisters and family were too awesome family back in the old days , she and her family are gone now , you can still buy toys from her family store tho , but you still believe that she and her family will return with a new baby girl someday.

Protector: Green Heart
j97gb4.png

your hot girlfriend , first big boobed girlfriend you have ( you bought a new bigger bed for her sake ) , she ask too much every year for her internet , toys and movies but it worth it to watch movie and play with her, she might have an heart attack and die on you anytime , but she is very good girl , you can't life without her.

Protector: Black Heart
aw53mg.png

the famous hooker everybody either love or hate , she used to costs a lot to have sex with and wasn't that good but now she is amazing and cheap hooker , not that good with internet and her internet also is a lil slow sometimes but it's free internet at her house so who care ? your girlfriend can also give you most of what she offer to you , but she have some great exclusive sex toys you can't miss to use on her.

9h2joz.png

well boobs size is just standard for her age , sure not like the other girls ,but you don't care about that because the sex is amazing at first , it's like sex at middle school or something , and you feel fresh and happy with her since she love to play mini games and dance ,but it's something cool for 5 min , after a while you will feel boring and need bigger boobs , real relationship and regular adult sex , and then you will abandon her in the middle of nowhere and will blame her mother on forums.
Slow internet? I dont get that point. I would say she just do everything ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
-PXG- said:
I'm not usually into this creepy moe/ loli shit, but release this game in the US. This looks awesome.

I just don't see it , it's clearly not "typical" for the western market , and if SEGA own the IP ( dunno who own it since there are 4 copyright holders in he game's site ) then you are out of luck.

Top Bottom