• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PS3) Super Dimensional Game Neptune Screens & Info

matmanx1

Japan is on a roll lately with creating games I'd actually like to import for my PS3. Lately there's been Hokuto no Ken, Sengoku Basara, Another Century R and now this. Love the concept so let's just hope the gameplay stacks up.

Varion

Extras for anyone thinking of importing - limited edition includes OST and a bag, while the preorder extra is a 40 page artbook.

LE.jpg
preorder.jpg

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Hcoregamer00 said:
You can't beat a final boss if it doesn't exist :/

The greatest trick the Phantom ever pulled was convincing the world it wasn't real!

MisterHero

leave it to a Sega-published game on a Sony platform to design the Nintendo analogue as kiddy

[/conspiracy theory]

icecream

Public Health Threat
New PV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L8oggxxgHw

New Info:
  • You'll be able to call upon summons from various game companies to dish out damage. Neptune specifically will be able to call upon retro characters from Sega's titles.
  • The Edit System will allow the image to be reflected on the summoned character's costume

Cast (seems the goddesses are named after their colors...):
  • Neptune: Tanaka Rie
  • Vert: Satou Rina
  • Noire: Imai Asami
  • Blanc: Asumi Kana

And new screens (click to enlarge):

Novid

Banned
holy crap is my eyes deceiving me?

yall up in here for icecream?

Yall hate icecream!

wait...

video game industry hijinks?

some japanese game developer reading gaf and documenting all our fights over marketshare?

???

future profit?

:lol :lol :lol

androvsky

lunlunqq said:
so...rrrm... do we get to see... these girls... you know... naked at some point in this game? at least topless??

I'm honestly not aware of a single game that premiered on a Sony console in Japan that has had any sort of nudity outside of the PS1 Lain game(and that barely counts). Does anyone know of one? As far as I know, even the dating sims and visual novels were scrubbed clean for release on Playstation. I'm guessing western games like God of War and Heavy Rain get to have nudity, but other than that, I don't know.

I can absolutely guarantee a hot springs scene with all the girls, but they'll all be wearing towels.

androvsky

Tiduz said:
japan only?

Probably not. It's a crossover game by Compile Heart, NISA already has the first two crossovers they did; Cross Edge came out last summer, and Trinity Universe is due out next month in the U.S. Neptune is unique in that it's apparently being published by Sega in Japan, but I don't think that'll affect much.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
OMG!!! I HAVE to buy this!!! This is the kind of game I'd think about making when I was 12 :lol

Enron

Banned
ShirAhava said:
OMG!!! I HAVE to buy this!!! This is the kind of game I'd think about making when I was 12 :lol

....late at night.......when your parents were asleep........on a friday.....watching cinemax.....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There are 4 more mascots... I wonder who they are...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
There are 4 more mascots... I wonder who they are...
I'm pretty sure they are the non-battle mode consoles. I could be wrong though, but the short purple haired one is not-transformed Neptune.

CO_Andy

These loli character designs could work for a Guardian Legend sequel, a property Compile should think about resurrecting.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
-DarKaoZ- said:
SEGA is involve? Ok its official, its not touching NA at all. :lol

they are the publisher , and I don't see this game in the US on the HD twin , unless they just want to lose their money.

and really stop the SEGA hate already , aside from Sonic Team SEGA is awesome this gen.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sega publishes awesome RPGs this gen.

-DarKaoZ- said:
SEGA is involve? Ok its official, its not touching NA at all. :lol
Hopefully they just have a domestic publishing deal with Sega where Compile Heart can still sell the Western publishing rights to other companies, rather than a deal where Sega retains worldwide publishing rights.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Azure Phoenix said:
Hopefully they just have a domestic publishing deal with Sega where Compile Heart can still sell the Western publishing rights to other companies, rather than a deal where Sega retains worldwide publishing rights.
The only company likely to publish this here is NISA, so unless Sega has an exclusive publishing deal this will be our only outlet. Quite frankly I'd rather it be NISA since I can get some useless stuff for pre-ordering the game.

Mmmm.... I've got a super-dimensional transforming robot in my pants for some of those girls.

game looks fun so I hope it gets a US release.

androvsky

Totobeni said:
they are the publisher , and I don't see this game in the US on the HD twin , unless they just want to lose their money.

and really stop the SEGA hate already , aside from Sonic Team SEGA is awesome this gen.

Sega's been making some great games lately, but when it comes to localizing them, you have to admit they've dropped the ball several times... on their own foot. And it was a bowling ball.

edit: Besides, Siliconera mentioned that Compile Heart was shopping around for Western publishers at GDC, so that means Sega is only handling it in Japan. This is right up NISA's alley, since they handled Compile Heart's other two crossover rpgs for the PS3. The only thing that would prevent them from getting it is if Atlus decides to bid for it due to the early buzz, or, God Forbid, Ignition gets scent of it.

Top Bottom