• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Wallpaper thread

CSSer

Someone needs to make one of those templates (like the psp) that has a black overlay in the positions of the xmb icons.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
****ing awesome! I've been using some generic Apple wallpaper for a while now, but this one is too good to pass up.

So how does one go about downloading a wallpaper to their PS3? Doyou have to have a media network set up so you can share with your PC and PS3? Or can you do it strictly from the PS3's web browser?

I suppose you could also transfer images via your PSP's mem stick too eh?

MercuryLS

Banned
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18658460/

chang.jpg

Welcome Chang 3

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jaundicejuice said:
So how does one go about downloading a wallpaper to their PS3? Doyou have to have a media network set up so you can share with your PC and PS3? Or can you do it strictly from the PS3's web browser?

I suppose you could also transfer images via your PSP's mem stick too eh?

Just open the image in the web browser, move the pointer over it, press Triangle, choose File and then "Save image". It will ask you were you want to save it on the system.

dfyb

Banned
CSSer said:
Someone needs to make one of those templates (like the psp) that has a black overlay in the positions of the xmb icons.
can you post the PSP one so i can see what you're talking about? shouldn't be hard for me to do something like that but i'm wondering what you want it to be like.

jmd494

Well...for all those Gooners out there, I have a widescreen wallpaper...it's in low resolution so if you want in full resolution, give me a place to host it.

Templatecopy.jpg

dfyb

Banned
another from me. again in tokyo. this was take from same location as the white wall ones -- just turned around.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
FFXIII's Lightning, 1920x1080.

I wish there was an option to have the water-ribbon thingie flow in front of your wallpaper...

YYZ

What wallpaper do you guys want? I have a bunch of high-res ones. Many aren't conducive to XMB browsing so keep that in mind. The most practical wallpapers are the minimalist and dark ones.

SOLDIER

Begging and pleading for some hi res wallpapers of Death Note and Silent Hill.

Also requesting logos, such as Autobots, Decepticons, Nerv, L, and so forth.

Nightz

Does anyone have any flOw wallpapers? I especially like the one they have here, so if anyone has it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Uffe

YYZ said:
The most practical wallpapers are the minimalist and dark ones.

Yes absolutely. I tried to use the Imperial Boy ones but you hardly see anything. The problem is that the crossbar is a bit transparent. Would be useful with an option to change the crossbar color etc.

Ravidrath

Awesome thread - i'll try to contribute something soon, but I'd like to know a rough pixel range for the crossbar at 1080p, if anyone can provide that. A template would be hot, too.

It doesn't look like you can actually delete the file once it's on the PS3. You can disable the wallpaper to get the animating waves back, but the wallpaper image is still saved.

Kind of makes me wonder how much junk I'll end up with taking up HD space that I can't see or delete during the consoles lifespan.

Hopefully it just saves 1 and replaces it when you add a new image, and not just keeps saving them.

Top Bottom