• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Wallpaper thread

NekoFever

djtortilla said:
doesnt microsoft charge you money for wallpapers and stuff for the xbox 360?
They do charge for (most) themes, yes, but you can set any photo you want as a dashboard wallpaper. You just can't have a different one on each blade like you get with the paid ones.

Here's a 720p one I made. I've been using the same thing in 480x272 on my PSP for a while:

watership

djtortilla said:
doesnt microsoft charge you money for wallpapers and stuff for the xbox 360?

The themes you pay for, but you can use any image you want for wallpaper. What you can't do is have a different wallpaper for each blade.

Bloodwake

MGSbackgroundforPS3.jpg

wide.jpg

SOLDIER

wotter said:
Awesome, my new background now, thx Soldier (y)

i6743_achtergrond1.jpg

Mh it just shows a red background although the image is just fine, maybe someone can test it too? Btw i have 27 trailers in the video segment now :D.

i6744_achtergrond2.jpg

How do you have the PS3 videos play in the thumbnails? I haven't figured out how to do that.

nofi

SOLDIER said:
How do you have the PS3 videos play in the thumbnails? I haven't figured out how to do that.

Press Triangle when playing a video - should be obvious from there but there's a menu option to 'change thumbnail'.

elseanio

i have a gamewallpapers.com account, so if anyone wants any specific 1080p images from there let me know. its a great site, and really cheap to sign up

Jim

shagg_187 said:
Don`t know if it`s already posted but here are custom Killzone wallpaers (with XMB tracing):

XMB tracing is a MUST for PSP/PS3 wallpapers. Someone needs to just template out a transparent one as a 1080 PSD or something so everyone can start using them as part of their designs.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Jim said:
XMB tracing is a MUST for PSP/PS3 wallpapers. Someone needs to just template out a transparent one as a 1080 PSD or something so everyone can start using them as part of their designs.

i think youd need a 1920x1080 screenshot of the XMB itself for that, sadly i dont know where to find those.

jmd494

Jim said:

Templatecopy.jpg

Wrong resolution but right dimensions.

Tracing the vertical segments is tough because they are all different widths...so I used a gradient to account for that. No this isn't a transparency but you can still use it for a guide as it's pretty spot on with the XMB icons

Yixian

Banned
Need some bigger version of those FFXIII 'papers. I'm using the one where Lightening is looking upward but it's just a little pixilated.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:

Wait, how come you are not a mod anymore? Your name doesnt show up as red...

Sorry for the OT

I just thought I'd share something with fellow Fire Emblem fans. >:)

(Excuse the horrible JPG compression for the thumbnail, the wallpaper is fine.)

I3rand0

How do I stick these on a flash drive and then copy them to my ps3? Isnt there a folder/subfolder thing I have to use?

kay

Justin Dailey said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Justin_Dailey/Templatecopy.jpg

Wrong resolution but right dimensions.

Tracing the vertical segments is tough because they are all different widths...so I used a gradient to account for that. No this isn't a transparency but you can still use it for a guide as it's pretty spot on with the XMB icons
Oh that's good.. so approximately,

width = 1920: column of icons are at about 487 wide and end at 643
height = 1080: row of icons are at about 225 high and end at 354

edit: test http://i10.tinypic.com/63akvwk.png

nelsonroyale said:
how do you put a wall paper on your ps3??

1. Save an image on your PS3. (If you don't have flash drive, i suggest using Web Browser and downloading them).
2. Open it
3. Press Triangle
4. "Set as Wallpaper"
5. Select the size and position you want and press X.

:)

shagg_187 said:
1. Save an image on your PS3. (If you don't have flash drive, i suggest using Web Browser and downloading them).
2. Open it
3. Press Triangle
4. "Set as Wallpaper"
5. Select the size and position you want and press X.

:)

hehe, thanks. Haven't even tried it yet

Top Bottom